Page 274 of 626 FirstFirst ... 174224264270271272273274275276277278284324374 ... LastLast
Results 4,096 to 4,110 of 9381
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I like Scott but I don't think he is exactly a charismatic leader, people follow him because he gets things done and gets the blame if something goes wrong, not because they like him.
    One doesn't reach the level of success as a leader he did without charisma, even because his job often includes delivering speeches and inspire people.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    One doesn't reach the level of success as a leader he did without charisma, even because his job often includes delivering speeches and inspire people.
    Yeah, Scott definitely has a level of charisma. It's not always about being charming, sometimes it's about inspiring and you can do that many ways. Knowing that, I'd say Scott definitely has charisma.

Based on what was written and the direction Marvel decided to go with due to the writing in NXM, I'd say his charisma was damaged a little, but not gone.
    Last edited by KangMiRae; 07-10-2019 at 04:05 PM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Now Jean has charisma and she is certainly very competent but I fear that someday a writer will make her do something controversial or edgy. I feel there are moral limits she wouldn't cross and that maybe a weakness on the future

Now Jean has charisma and she is certainly very competent but I fear that someday a writer will make her do something controversial or edgy. I feel there are moral limits she wouldn't cross and that maybe a weakness on the future
    For sure. I think she's always had charisma or was at least described by the other X-Men as having it but wasn't given much time to showcase it as a leader or whatever everyone has been asking her to be.

As for the edgy thing, she already blew up a planet and people act are very meh to her, lol.

I dont think anything can top destroying a star resulting in the death of billion of lives and extinction of a species

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    For sure. I think she's always had charisma or was at least described by the other X-Men as having it but wasn't given much time to showcase it as a leader or whatever everyone has been asking her to be.

As for the edgy thing, she already blew up a planet and people act are very meh to her, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont think anything can top destroying a star resulting in the death of billion of lives and extinction of a species

Nobody knows if it was her or the phoenix force anymore and if she did she was possesed by the phoenix so it doesn't count.

Nobody know if it was her or the phoenix force anymore.
    who's nobody? The characters or fans? Not that it matters bc Jean has taken responsibility for it and she gets blamed for it in the books. Retcon or not, it still happened

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Jean was becoming more and more Phoenix every day, her being alive wouldn't do all that much because she was being cold even to Scott at times, and would probably only get worse in that sense.
    Morrison may have said in interviews that's one of the reasons why their relationship broke down, but on the page, he showed the exact opposite. Scott (not Jean) was the one who became cold and distant, and he even declared himself celibate.

How many X-men are getting up early to cook breakfast for the entire team right after a crisis, all while comforting one of the most difficult character?.

This is why I love Jean. This is the sense of family she used to bring that was sorely missed. She's the "mom" of the team and makes it her business to take care and nurture them when they need it

How many X-men are getting up early to cook breakfast for the entire team right after a crisis, all while comforting one of the most difficult character?.

This is why I love Jean. This is the sense of family she used to bring that was sorely missed. She's the "mom" of the team and makes it her business to take care and nurture them when they need it
    The x-men have fallen so hard. Now they are all bitter and make drama for everything. They used to be better and i miss that family feeling

Krakoa is for lovers Blackphoenix's Avatar

I'm still not happy that Jean's going back to her 1960's Marvel Girl outfit.

Krakoa is for lovers Blackphoenix's Avatar

Man, I miss the X-Men being like this. Now it's all endless drama and death

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blackphoenix View Post
    Man, I miss the X-Men being like this. Now it's all endless drama and death
    Sadly this is what the writers and editors want from the X-Men. They prefer minimal character development and issues that show what a family they are vs endless events death and drama.

Nobody knows if it was her or the phoenix force anymore and if she did she was possesed by the phoenix so it doesn't count.
    who's nobody? The characters or fans? Not that it matters bc Jean has taken responsibility for it and she gets blamed for it in the books. Retcon or not, it still happened
    Agreed. Jean and the X-Men went on trial for it, that's what the whole Saga was for. She paid the price, as well as anyone could.

Wolvie is shirtless and wet from rain LOL
    yeah really miss when x-men were united