Page 275 of 626 FirstFirst ... 175225265271272273274275276277278279285325375 ... LastLast
Results 4,111 to 4,125 of 9381
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Agreed. Jean and the X-Men went on trial for it, that's what the whole Saga was for. She paid the price, as well as anyone could.
    Yeah, she died for that. Even if she wasn't totally responsible for that incident.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Sadly this is what the writers and editors want from the X-Men. They prefer minimal character development and issues that show what a family they are vs endless events death and drama.
    Essentially this. Why can't they behave more like a family less like a bunch of teams getting killed off each issue...

What role do you guys want to see Jean have in Hickman’s run?
    First X-Lady

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

It is kind of difficult to think what role will everybody play. There are so many leaders in there but I think They are all going to follow Xavier or that Jean and Cyclops will co-lead.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 07-11-2019 at 07:19 AM.

I think its a step backwards to have her take a backseat to Xavier, Cyclops, Magneto and Wolverine. That just kills the upward trajectory she's had since she returned. I really hope she is still seen as a leader and is their equal, not a subordinate

I think they're more likely gonna be following Xavier, at least at first. Historically, Xavier has kinda been the "boss" I guess even when Cyclops, Storm, etc was technically the leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I think they're more likely gonna be following Xavier, at least at first. Historically, Xavier has kinda been the "boss" I guess even when Cyclops, Storm, etc was technically the leader.
    And I have problems with that especially considering what he did to her last year in the AXM annual. I hope Jean has a voice and agency and isnt just blindly following Xavier bc thats what she's historically done

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    And I have problems with that especially considering what he did to her last year in the AXM annual. I hope Jean has a voice and agency and isnt just blindly following Xavier bc thats what she's historically done
    It would be logical that, once, you have been a leader and acquired depth, grounding, you cannot follow anymore blindly orders…

On the other hand, some people are not made for that: the responsability weighs on their shoulders and they prefer to obey.

So I'm curious to see how everyone will fit in the chain of command: in Astonishing, Xavier's feathers have been a bit ruffled…

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Jean led one team, for 11 issues. There's dozens of characters that led teams for longer, or even the X-men as a whole, and It's not a "step backwards" for them not to be the leader. From the top of my head, Havok, Kitty, Rogue, Nightcrawler, Wolverine, had much longer periods, not to mention Cyclops and Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Jean led one team, for 11 issues. There's dozens of characters that led teams for longer, or even the X-men as a whole, and It's not a "step backwards" for them not to be the leader. From the top of my head, Havok, Kitty, Rogue, Nightcrawler, Wolverine, had much longer periods, not to mention Cyclops and Storm.
    Jean led in Extermination, Typhoid Mary, Disassembled....its a role that Marvel has defaulted with her the past year

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Yes, Jean already found her place on x-men and it isn't blindy following anyone

It is definately a downgrade

HOX apparently starts with Xavier suddenly coming out of the shadows with big news and a supposedly great idea for mutantkind. It makes sense for the X-Men(that don't even remember he's back) to go with him for now.

Yeah, Storm is the second most iconic X-men leader and she has been canon fodder for years Cyclops is the most iconic and he was teen Jean's bitch since they came from the past unti they were gone.
    Jean is badass as a leader but everybody steps up and down all the time. If a character need a title that says that it is special then it isn't and Jean definitely is, while she is leading or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    HOX apparently starts with Xavier suddenly coming out of the shadows with big news and a supposedly great idea for mutantkind. It makes sense for the X-Men(that don't even remember he's back) to go with him for now.
    At least, listen to him. Latest great idea for mutantkind has been Emma's…

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    What role do you guys want to see Jean have in Hickman’s run?
    I want to see her pick up where she left off in X-Men Red. The warm, compassionate, and inspirational public face of the team. The idealist. The diplomatic counterpart and partner to Scott's rational, pragmatic, and effective combat general. He's the head of the team; she's its heart.