Page 276 of 626 FirstFirst ... 176226266272273274275276277278279280286326376 ... LastLast
Results 4,126 to 4,140 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    What role do you guys want to see Jean have in Hickman’s run?
    I've kept quiet about this, but I'm in the minority of Jean fans where I don't think she's really leader material. Hell, I never even liked Storm as leader. I'm weird like that.

There is more than one way to be a leader. One doesnt need to be a field leader. Jean wasnt THE leader in New X-men but she definitely was one. Like I said, she needs a voice and agency. If Xavier and Scott are stepping up as the leaders of the X-men and mutantkind than Jean needs to have a say. She needs to be able to challenge them and call them out if she doesnt agree. She shouldnt not be treated as if she is subordinate and goes with flow. THAT is a stepdown from what she's been if they do that. Even if they have final say, she needs to be their equal and a part of the decision process. I dont want her to regress

Just from those previews it looks like Jean would be in charge of the children/new recruits (running the school), what she was doing in Morrison’s run.
    First X-Lady

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

We don't know what will happen yet, it is better to don't worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    We don't know what will happen yet, it is better to don't worry about.
    lol....you're the king of worrying about stuff that hasnt happened. Its just fun speculation here

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    I've kept quiet about this, but I'm in the minority of Jean fans where I don't think she's really leader material. Hell, I never even liked Storm as leader. I'm weird like that.
    Can you elaborate why?
    I must admit: I'm not very far from sharing your point of vue. Why? I don't remember her expressing any long-term strategies and while she showed being able to be cunny and take difficult decisions, she didn't seem to like the leading position. And this position is a very solitary one…

Jean has something different to offer as a leader. She's not a military leader, or a warrior, but she's smart, determined, inspirational and charismatic. When I think of her as a leader I don't think as just a field leader, but as a teacher and activist. More of a Xavier figure than a Cyclops/Storm one.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    lol....you're the king of worrying about stuff that hasnt happened. Its just fun speculation here
    I know i'm usually a drama queen but some people are thinking that she going to become a background character and that is very unlikely.

I know i'm usually a drama queen but some people are thinking that she going to become a background character and that is very unlikely.
    So, no need to worry. She is loved by everyone (except Emma). It makes her an important character.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Can you elaborate why?
    I must admit: I'm not very far from sharing your point of vue. Why? I don't remember her expressing any long-term strategies and while she showed being able to be cunny and take difficult decisions, she didn't seem to like the leading position. And this position is a very solitary one…
    People here could probably prove me wrong a thousand times over, but I don't think Jean every gave me the impression that she wanted to call the shots. People might see that as a negative thing, but I always took it as her playing to her strengths and running the heart of the X-Men. Of course you could argue that makes her a leader still, like people here are expressing there's more than one way to be a leader, but I still think she's always been even more subtle than "leader in the back" and was content with that.
    Last edited by KangMiRae; 07-11-2019 at 10:10 AM.

no one said she is going to be a background character. We've expressed what we hope for her going forward

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    People here could probably prove me wrong a thousand times over, but I don't think Jean every gave me the impression that she wanted to call the shots. People might see that as a negative thing, but I always took it as her playing to her strengths and running the heart of the X-Men. Of course you could argue that makes her a leader still, like people here are expressing there's more than one way to be a leader, but I still think she's always been even more subtle than "leader in the back" and was content with that.
    I asked. Thanks.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    What role do you guys want to see Jean have in Hickman’s run?
    Hard to really say since we don't really know what the status quo is going to be like after HoX/PoX I mean there's an entire on-going after this miniseries that we know NOTHING about lol

Personally I'd like to see a leadership rotation among the X-Men (Storm, Jean, Cyclops, Magneto, Xavier, etc.)

Still it seems just based on the covers Hickman wants to place Xavier back in a leadership role with the X-Men.
    Last edited by loke13; 07-11-2019 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Hard to really say since we don't really know what the status quo is going to be like after HoX/PoX I mean there's an entire on-going after this miniseries that we know NOTHING about lol

Personally I'd like to see a leadership rotation among the X-Men (Storm, Jean, Cyclops, Magneto, Xavier, etc.)

Still it seems just based on the covers Hickman wants to place Xavier back in a leadership role with the X-Men.
    I would be very surprised if X isn't the main bad guy of HoX/PoX.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I would be very surprised if X isn't the main bad guy of HoX/PoX.
    Unless he's mind controlling them again, it is rather dumb of the X-men to trust him. Ugh! Dont want yet another mind control plotline