Page 278 of 626 FirstFirst ... 178228268274275276277278279280281282288328378 ... LastLast
Results 4,156 to 4,170 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    I don't see Jean as a field leader but more as a political leader. Giving the direction, being the moral compass of the team, what the X-Men lacked in recent years.
    In terms of Emma, while I obviously don't see them becoming friends I would like them to get past their feud and acknowledge each other's place on the team, reach some kind of understanding. It won't prevent some snarky reamarks!
    While I did love Jean being a leader I don't mind if she doesn't stay a field leader. She was great in X-men Red but in Disassembled she mainly floated around and ordered others. She didn't always fight even when it would have made sense for her to (for example fighting the dinosaurs). Even in Red sometimes she just floated around barking orders instead of fighting (ie the fight with the Sentinel). I want to see Jean doing something. She has one of the strongest powers! I'm conflicted. I think Jean will be a leader but I'm not sure if being a field leader is the right thing for her.

I also agree about Emma. They worked well in Dennis Hopeless' Jean Grey solo and I would love to see them work together again. I think there is a mutual respect between them though they will never be best friends. Emma knows Jean is powerful and Jean knows Emma is a force of nature. They also know they care about mutants, and their students. They both love Scott and both have had traumatic experiences with the Phoenix. They have too much in common while still being very different and distinct characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    He isn't the only telepath in the X-men to do what he wants, plus things on the long run always end unveiling… The X-men are his family and you don't want to be thrown away from your family, do you?. He has limitations.
    I believe in learning from your mistakes, you don't?
    When family refuse to change and learn from their mistakes, you get rid of them for your own sanity. Uncle Clyde the pedophile and Aunt Annie the meth head aren't coming to thanksgiving. Xavier has used his powers maliciously against his own students for decades. His last interaction with his students was to berate them, drag them around in the most condescending way possible, then mind-wipe them to remove trauma (his signature move for decades).

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    He isn't the only telepath in the X-men to do what he wants, plus things on the long run always end unveiling… The X-men are his family and you don't want to be thrown away from your family, do you?. He has limitations.
    I believe in learning from your mistakes, you don't?
    when has he learned from his mistakes? He was mindwiping Cyclops back in the Giant-Size era and was still doing it as recently as his last appearance in AXM annual with the other O5 students. And this came directly after mindiping the team of X-men that saved him from the Shadow King. He hasnt changed nor does he see the error in his ways bc he is still the same rotten person

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    When family refuse to change and learn from their mistakes, you get rid of them for your own sanity. Uncle Clyde the pedophile and Aunt Annie the meth head aren't coming to thanksgiving. Xavier has used his powers maliciously against his own students for decades. His last interaction with his students was to berate them, drag them around in the most condescending way possible, then mind-wipe them to remove trauma (his signature move for decades).
    Lets not forget he exploited Warren's trauma and forced him to assassinate someone for him
    Last edited by Havok83; 07-11-2019 at 01:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    when has he learned from his mistakes. He was mindwiping Cyclops back in the Giant-Size era and was still doing it as recently as his last appearance in AXM annual with the other O5 students. And this came directly after mindiping the team of X-men that saved him from the Shadow King. He hasnt changed nor does he see the error in his ways bc he is still the same rotten person

Lets not forget he exploited Warren's trauma and forced him to assassinate someone for him
    I think that Carey tried to give him a redemption, but it didn't stick.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

I could be way off base, but I think Xavier is going to be more heroic going forward. JDW has indicated multiple times that he didn't like all the retcons making Xavier basically a bad guy. It seems like he has said this on twitter multiple times. So I'm expecting Xavier to return as a force of good for mutant kind. I think we might not see much fall out from his recent machinations (the Astonishing annual by Rosenberg with another bad take on Xavier).

I did like Jean having her own philosophy in X-men Red, but Jean is usually very protective and loyal to Xavier. Heck, look how loyal she was to X-man in his sham world. I expect Jean to work with Xavier, but I hope she is treated more like his equal like she was during Morrison's run.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I could be way off base, but I think Xavier is going to be more heroic going forward. JDW has indicated multiple times that he didn't like all the retcons making Xavier basically a bad guy. It seems like he has said this on twitter multiple times. So I'm expecting Xavier to return as a force of good for mutant kind. I think we might not see much fall out from his recent machinations (the Astonishing annual by Rosenberg with another bad take on Xavier).

I did like Jean having her own philosophy in X-men Red, but Jean is usually very protective and loyal to Xavier. Heck, look how loyal she was to X-man in his sham world. I expect Jean to work with Xavier, but I hope she is treated more like his equal like she was during Morrison's run.
    He violated her and she should be able to call him out and express any negative feelings she may have about that. Nate isnt a good example bc Jean still isnt in her right mind. She doesnt have true agency in AoX. Now I know how the Rachel fans feel bc Ive grown uncomfortable watching Jean have her mind manipulated

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

The fact we're seeing Xavier with a Maker helmet and that Hickman loves the "smart men of science do horrible things thinking is for the greater good" makes me STRONGLY doubt the Xavier will be a good guy idea.

He violated her and she should be able to call him out and express any negative feelings she may have about that. Nate isnt a good example bc Jean still isnt in her right mind. She doesnt have true agency in AoX. Now I know how the Rachel fans feel bc Ive grown uncomfortable watching Jean have her mind manipulated
    You're not entirely wrong, but I don't think Jean's going to. Jeanix is right when he says that Jean was and probably still is loyal to Prof. X. She's been his right-hand for years and she does believe in his overall philosophy.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    The fact we're seeing Xavier with a Maker helmet and that Hickman loves the "smart men of science do horrible things thinking is for the greater good" makes me STRONGLY doubt the Xavier will be a good guy idea.
    I agree, I think this will be another case of Xavier trying to do something good but ends up doing something shady that backfires at the end.

Oh I am in complete agreement with you but I just don't see it happening. Like I said I might be way wrong, but I think Xavier is going to be back to being a more moral character and not so slimey and gross lol

I know most people didn't like it, but I was into the mood of that annual. I would like a book with Xavier back in charge, Jean on the main cast, and there's this tension between them and a that "Ooh, when will **** go down?" feel. Ideally ending with Jean taking him down and getting in charge of the school.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I know most people didn't like it, but I was into the mood of that annual. I would like a book with Xavier back in charge, Jean on the main cast, and there's this tension between them and a that "Ooh, when will **** go down?" feel. Ideally ending with Jean taking him down and getting in charge of the school.
    Basically Jean going along for the ride but never taking her sight off Prof. X, waiting for the inevitable? I'd like it if she straight up told him to his face that she's just waiting for him to slip up. Let that linger in his mind and heart.

Xavier is a hero and the founder of the X-men. He has messed up but he is not a super villain either. He is her teacher, he sometimes was weird but many other times was good.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Basically Jean going along for the ride but never taking her sight off Prof. X, waiting for the inevitable? I'd like it if she straight up told him to his face that she's just waiting for him to slip up. Let that linger in his mind and heart.
    Id prefer this take

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Xavier is a hero and the founder of the X-men. He has messed up but he is not a super villain either. He is her teacher, he sometimes was weird but many other times was good.
    he was a hero early in his publication history but its hard to view him as such in modern times

Id prefer this take

he was a hero early in his publication history but its hard to view him as such in modern times
    I know and i know he can be a dick sometimes but he does that things usually with good intentions, for a good purpose.