Page 279 of 626 FirstFirst ... 179229269275276277278279280281282283289329379 ... LastLast
Results 4,171 to 4,185 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I know and i know he can be a dick sometimes but he does that things usually with good intentions, for a good purpose.
    what was the good purpose behind exploiting Warren's trauma, manipulating the O4 and mindwiping them? What was the good intention behind mindwiping all the X-men that saved him from SK and helped bring him back to life (save Psylocke)?

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    what was the good purpose behind exploiting Warren's trauma, manipulating the O4 and mindwiping them? What was the good intention behind mindwiping all the X-men that saved him from SK and helped bring him back to life (save Psylocke)?
    I don't know, probably he is trying to keep himself on the shadows, maybe nothing had a purpose, She is shady sometimes, that is true but I feel some peopple foget he is essentially a good person. He ins't doing anything for personal gain either.
    I feel I have derailed this thread enough, Sorry I will stop.

I suspect that whatever Xavier's grand plan for the mutants/X-man will also serve as his redemption arc. I think Xavier is going to go back to the man he was supposed to be before they turned him into a creep. Which I think he was kind of misunderstood in the same ways Scott was. Both men made bad decisions but they had a reason for them.

While it would be interesting to see Jean in a contentious relationship with Charles I suspect otherwise. Jean is his pupil and I've always liked their relationship. Jean was a believer in his ideas. In X-men Red she seemed to criticize some of his ways as she forged her own ideas. I think going forward we'll see Cyclops, Jean, and Wolverine behind Charles and will work to make his vision a reality.

I always saw Jean as Charles' right hand X-man. I recall some of us years ago fighting online with Tom Brevoort who always insisted that Scott was the most important to Xavier out of the 05. Personally I think he just liked to troll us Jean fans, but when you read the early 05 days Jean and Scott both were very important to Xavier, but Jean and Xavier would sometimes work alone and Xavier trusted Jean with some of his secrets.

They have a weird father-daughter relationship.

I wonder if Xavier has his cerebro helmet so he maintains his powerful telepathy since he's in the body of Fantomex who only seemed to have low level mental powers? Any thoughts on that? I wonder if Jean and Xavier will use their powers together like Jean did with Betsy?

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Charles used Proteus to entirely recreate Fantomex's body into his own, and that presumably meant giving Fanto's body all of his powers and his physical appearance as well.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Charles used Proteus to entirely recreate Fantomex's body into his own, and that presumably meant giving Fanto's body all of his powers and his physical appearance as well.
    I need to re-read Astonishing. I forgot all that. So I wonder what is up with the cerebro helmet? He wants to maintain his powers being amped?

If this is the case, does Jean need one too? Yeah I'm reaching but I'm trying desperately to stay on topic

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    While I did love Jean being a leader I don't mind if she doesn't stay a field leader. She was great in X-men Red but in Disassembled she mainly floated around and ordered others. She didn't always fight even when it would have made sense for her to (for example fighting the dinosaurs). Even in Red sometimes she just floated around barking orders instead of fighting (ie the fight with the Sentinel). I want to see Jean doing something. She has one of the strongest powers! I'm conflicted. I think Jean will be a leader but I'm not sure if being a field leader is the right thing for her.

I also agree about Emma. They worked well in Dennis Hopeless' Jean Grey solo and I would love to see them work together again. I think there is a mutual respect between them though they will never be best friends. Emma knows Jean is powerful and Jean knows Emma is a force of nature. They also know they care about mutants, and their students. They both love Scott and both have had traumatic experiences with the Phoenix. They have too much in common while still being very different and distinct characters.
    Jean and Emma have nothing in common besides loving Scott like he is the only man alive breathing.

Jean would gain much more being far away from Emma

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Jean and Emma have nothing in common besides loving Scott like he is the only man alive breathing.

Jean would gain much more being far away from Emma
    You are free to believe that, but everything written contradicts you. To say they have nothing in common besides Scott completely ignores the entire character history for both of them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I need to re-read Astonishing. I forgot all that. So I wonder what is up with the cerebro helmet? He wants to maintain his powers being amped?

If this is the case, does Jean need one too? Yeah I'm reaching but I'm trying desperately to stay on topic
    I think it was Glio that had this fun theory about the Cerebro helmet keeping X connected to the plants and seeing through the red orbs on them. So he could be omniscient wherever the hell the X-Men are. So, I wouldn't say Jean could "need" it, since X could be just using it to focus his telepathy on an specific application.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    You are free to believe that, but everything written contradicts you. To say they have nothing in common besides Scott completely ignores the entire character history for both of them.
    They have different methods, different visons of mutant kind. i really don't think they are compatible

They have different methods, different visons of mutant kind. i really don't think they are compatible
    They have different teaching methods, but their respective views of mutantkind are not dissimilar. They both place the value of the lives of their students far above their own, and are extremely passionate regarding the future of mutants and where that leads.

They have different teaching methods, but their respective views of mutantkind are not dissimilar. They both place the value of the lives of their students far above their own, and are extremely passionate regarding the future of mutants and where that leads.
    EMma is a mutant supremacist, Jean isn't

EMma is a mutant supremacist, Jean isn't
    Citation needed. Emma is mutant survivalist, Jean is mutant utopist.

Charles (and by extention Jean) believe in the full peaceful unification of human and mutant
    Magneto believes in mutants standing above humans
    Emma believes in mutants being able to survive humans. It's a realistic medium between the two viewpoints.

Citation needed. Emma is mutant survivalist, Jean is mutant utopist.

Charles (and by extention Jean) believe in the full peaceful unification of human and mutant
    Magneto believes in mutants standing above humans
    Emma believes in mutants being able to survive humans. It's a realistic medium between the two viewpoints.
    Jean fought for survival on Red, it's not like Jean doesn't believe on survival. But she has a far more diplomatic approach to it. Emma is very different, she is always scheming and attacking. She doesn't care about humans at all

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Emma is many things but I seriously doubt she is a supremacist. That is definitely Magneto.

Although, all those stories about extinction did made the X-men look like they care too much about mutantkind but that is their job, if they don't care about mutants nobody will, it doesn't mean they hate humans or believe themselves above them.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 07-11-2019 at 05:40 PM.

Jean fought for survival on Red, it's not like Jean doesn't believe on survival. But she has a far more diplomatic approach to it. Emma is very different, she is always scheming and attacking. She doesn't care about humans at all
    Bull. It's the same argument that people make saying Scott didn't care about humans either. Emma places the survival of her students and other mutants above the survival of humans. That doesn't mean she goes out of her way to antagonize humans.