Page 281 of 626 FirstFirst ... 181231271277278279280281282283284285291331381 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,215 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    More evidence that Cable is the only one who looks for missing/dead X-Men. but it's cute in the way Jean teases Scott about "his son".
    I love Scott's response. While I was first reading the panel I was ready to go "Jean should have said OUR son!" but when you get the joke it's really cute. And I realized my mom does say "YOUR SON" to my dad when she wants to tease him lol.

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

I've said this a gazillion times, but both Jean and Emma are great characters and they compliment each other so well. They are great foils for each other and very interesting as frenemies. Jean is the good girl who is sometimes bad and Emma is the bad girl who is (more than) sometimes good. Their dynamic in New X-Men and in the end of the Jean solo was so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Storm was presumed dead or at the very least in danger and these two are just sleeping and werent trying to help find her? WTH? Scott seems so nonchalant
    It's their beauty sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    More evidence that Cable is the only one who looks for missing/dead X-Men. but it's cute in the way Jean teases Scott about "his son".
    Why this is ironic given whats currently happening in the X-line

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    I've said this a gazillion times, but both Jean and Emma are great characters and they compliment each other so well. They are great foils for each other and very interesting as frenemies. Jean is the good girl who is sometimes bad and Emma is the bad girl who is (more than) sometimes good. Their dynamic in New X-Men and in the end of the Jean solo was so good.
    No, If Emma offend Jean, I hope Jean will clap back

Incredible Member

I think the feud between Jean and Emma stems from their personality. Jean is an empathic person, she lets her power flow naturally and for Emma who is all about control it is anathema.
    I always thought of Emma saying to jean something like:
    "For a telepath, being empathic is like inviting disaster to your table, dear!"
    Emma's haughtiness is more about her being afraid of her emotions, her feelings, of getting close to people. She hides her feelings behind snark and witty repartee while Jean doesn't hide anything because she's pure, raw emotion.
    I love both characters because they have much more in common than they will admit and I'd like to see them acknowledge that.
    And as someone said earlier, I'd like to see Jean in charge of the school, forging the new generation of mutants, her moral compass is what the X-Men have been missing so much those last 14 years. They were lost.
    Hope she brings their guidance back.

Dark Phoenix and the affair are the reasons, not personality clashes

Yeah, a more friendly relation between then would boil down to Jean would forgive her for those 2 instances and if fans would consider that an organic development.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Jean already forgave Jason for Dark Phoenix, I find it hard to believe she didn't forgive Emma's role in that too. The affair is obviously central, but that doesn't disqualify what mogwen said.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Yeah, a more friendly relation between then would boil down to Jean would forgive her for those 2 instances and if fans would consider that an organic development.
    Dark phoenix i'm not sure, but Emma doesn't feel bad about the affair. i don't see how Jean would forgive her

BANNED

Emma Frost was also Jean’s telepathic teacher, and Jean know remembers that. Jeen had become close to Kitty, the Cuckoos, and had other friends. Basically a lot was done on modernizing Jean. I think they are going to move away from emphasizing her relationship with Xavier which made her into the teacher’s pet.

Storm was presumed dead or at the very least in danger and these two are just sleeping and werent trying to help find her? WTH? Scott seems so nonchalant
    Scott and Jean were too chill about it and Cable was being extra. He found a dead body and assumed it was Storm's and immediately started grieving. Scott and Jean were like "meh we'll check the body's DNA in the morning gnight!"

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I love Scott's response. While I was first reading the panel I was ready to go "Jean should have said OUR son!" but when you get the joke it's really cute. And I realized my mom does say "YOUR SON" to my dad when she wants to tease him lol.
    I enjoy Scott and Jean treating their middle-aged son like a toddler lol

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    I enjoy Scott and Jean treating their middle-aged son like a toddler lol
    Yes, this is what i love about it, it is so weird but kinda cute at the same time.
    and it is also funny to see Cable being so old and say mom or dad.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 07-12-2019 at 11:29 AM.

BANNED

Was written in a time in which women in comics have few relationships with each other and certainly not complex ones.

Jean remembers Emma training her and in many ways Emma was the better telepathic teacher. Had Xavier not shut down Jean’s telepathic Powers, she would have been a more experienced and confident telepath and would have seen through Mastermind’s illusions. Emma herself said as much.

Also Jean was with Bishop in AoXN. She’s moved on beyond Scott.

Look at Rogue’s relationship with Captain Marvel. They are not best friends, but they respect each other’s work as heroes. Rogue admits her stealing Ms. Marvel’s powers destroyed Carol’s life but it also changed her and made her a hero. She hates that she did it but is very grateful she did it.

Carol hates Rogue for what she did not admires how far Rogue has come as an Avenger and XMan.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I don't think much of the time displaced O5 will carry over if anything. I expect that in a few years they will be forgotten to be honest.
    It was fun for a while but the adult and teen version are essentially diferent characters even if they are literally the same person.

I mean I don't see Beast using magic again anytime soon or ever.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 07-12-2019 at 11:42 AM.