Page 282 of 626 FirstFirst ... 182232272278279280281282283284285286292332382 ... LastLast
Results 4,216 to 4,230 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Was written in a time in which women in comics have few relationships with each other and certainly not complex ones.

Jean remembers Emma training her and in many ways Emma was the better telepathic teacher. Had Xavier not shut down Jean’s telepathic Powers, she would have been a more experienced and confident telepath and would have seen through Mastermind’s illusions. Emma herself said as much.

Also Jean was with Bishop in AoXN. She’s moved on beyond Scott.

Look at Rogue’s relationship with Captain Marvel. They are not best friends, but they respect each other’s work as heroes. Rogue admits her stealing Ms. Marvel’s powers destroyed Carol’s life but it also changed her and made her a hero. She hates that she did it but is very grateful she did it.

Carol hates Rogue for what she did not admires how far Rogue has come as an Avenger and XMan.
    Rogue didn't went to screw over Carol over prettiness. That is a big difference.

Now Emma was mean for the sake of being mean and never felt bad for doing it. No amount of training on Jeen will make up for that.

If they don't wanna acknowledge the cool pink form, they also don't have to do the Emma mentor thing. Even if they did Jeen also saw Emma being a villain trying to mindwipe teen Scott. It wasn't all good things

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Rogue didn't went to screw over Carol over prettiness. That is a big difference.

Now Emma was mean for the sake of being mean and never felt bad for doing it. No amount of training on Jeen will make up for that.

If they don't wanna acknowledge the cool pink form, they also don't have to do the Emma mentor thing. Even if they did Jeen also saw Emma being a villain trying to mindwipe teen Scott. It wasn't all good things
    You also have Jeen fighting to save Emma from Magneto and telling her "The X-Men need both of you".

At some point, you're going to have to realize that not every other person on the planet is locked in time at end of the Morrison run.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    You also have Jeen fighting to save Emma from Magneto and telling her "The X-Men need both of you".

At some point, you're going to have to realize that not every other person on the planet is locked in time at end of the Morrison run.
    Speaking for myself, i mantain that a friendship between the two is impossible, but i'm pretty sure that they can work together in a profesional way just fine. They both adults, they can their personal grudges aside for the greater good.

I would keep their interactions to a minimum though.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Also Jean was with Bishop in AoXN.
    Yeah and it only took him years of trying to kill Cable and Hope to achieve that.
    It makes so much sense.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Speaking for myself, i mantain that a friendship between the two is impossible, but i'm pretty sure that they can work together in a profesional way just fine. They both adults, they can their personal grudges aside for the greater good.

I would keep their interactions to a minimum though.
    No one outside the most hardcore shippers think they should be friends. But they should be able to interact like functioning adults.

I don't even think x-men need emma or that is a statement that everything Emma did is forgiven.

Some people I don't wanna even look at their face, I don't see why Jean would even tolerate emma near her
    Last edited by spirit2011; 07-12-2019 at 12:23 PM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Please, can we appreciate Jean?
    There is always a problem when the discussion derails into other characters, and 99% of the times it ends bad.
    ____________8v71jcxovjx21.jpg
    __________c8f0232b41006b83e1bf394a26aa0b83.jpg
    ___________STL126748.jpg

Jean already forgave Jason for Dark Phoenix, I find it hard to believe she didn't forgive Emma's role in that too. The affair is obviously central, but that doesn't disqualify what mogwen said.
    It kinda does. There wasnt a feud in the first half of New X-men. They had different personalities, but they werent fighting or feuding. They werent solidified as rivals until the affair and their big blow up much later when Jean went in on her. Emma has admitted to not liking her since and felt threatened by Jean's ghost after she died and that's bc of the affair and Scott's memories of her. They worked together in Jean's solo but there was tension bc of the affair. I can give you the DP, but what went down in NXM informs how they feel about each other more than any personality clashes ever did

Also Jean was with Bishop in AoXN. She’s moved on beyond Scott.
    Jean has not moved on past Scott. AoX has her brainwashed and mentally manipulated. She is not in her right mind. When she was, we saw her admit to wishing Scott was here with her

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I wish that All New X-Men page was bigger.
    "Cable was right!"

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I wish that All New X-Men page was bigger.
    Me too. It is also such a cool way to show Jean reading minds.
    There is another one on X-men Red and other from when Jeen when to the ultimate universe but at the moment I can't post them.

I would like if someone could share those pages if posible.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I forgot Ultimate Jean was still alive. I don't think X-Men got a book after Cataclysm.
    "Cable was right!"

Jean already forgave Jason for Dark Phoenix, I find it hard to believe she didn't forgive Emma's role in that too. The affair is obviously central, but that doesn't disqualify what mogwen said.
    Mastermind was on his deathbed, showed remorse and regret, admitted his wrongs, and said he was sorry.

I have a very hard time seeing Emma doing all of that to Jean

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Please, can we appreciate Jean?
    There is always a problem when the discussion derails into other characters, and 99% of the times it ends bad.
    ____________8v71jcxovjx21.jpg
    __________c8f0232b41006b83e1bf394a26aa0b83.jpg
    ___________STL126748.jpg
    Man I really wished we could bring back trench coat Jean lol

That being said should Jean have a new hairstyle? I really like the ponytail Jean had when Jean and Emma teamed up in Morrison's run.

I do love this Jean

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post

I do love this Jean
    Grant Morrison has a hard-on for trenchcoats, but it does look fantastic on Jean. The outfit is practical, equipped for both comfort and ease in combat, and still looks attractive.