Page 283 of 626 FirstFirst ... 183233273279280281282283284285286287293333383 ... LastLast
Results 4,231 to 4,245 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Grant Morrison has a hard-on for trenchcoats, but it does look fantastic on Jean. The outfit is practical, equipped for both comfort and ease in combat, and still looks attractive.
    After Matrix, i feel that i saw trenchcoats everywhere, but i might be wrong.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    After Matrix, i feel that i saw trenchcoats everywhere, but i might be wrong.
    The movie definitely sold them among the Hot Topic crowd. John Woo also loves his trenchcoats, because they look cool when diving in slow motion while doves fly out of your ass. Which is fine after the first time, but on the thirteenth time you start to wonder if you have some sort of inner ear disabling dove shitting medical disorder.

I own a full size leather trench coat. I love it to death. Being 6'4 makes it VERY imposing. I've had people cross the street to avoid approaching me at night in downtown Chicago.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

we can be heroes, just for one day

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post

I do love this Jean
    I loved Jean in a trench coat, too. If done correctly, it can make a character look more regal. Almost like a cape, but not campy. As someone who doesn't move about a lot, it also makes sense for her (unlike Gambit, whose trenchcoat would actually be cumbersome and noisy for someone who tries to be stealthy and does a lot of acrobatics). Come to think of it, for a character that's been around since the 1960s, I'm actually surprised artists never gave Jean a cape (except in her brief Black Queen outfit), considering others with visually similar abilities have had one (like Magneto, Polaris, and Justice).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    I loved Jean in a trench coat, too. If done correctly, it can make a character look more regal. Almost like a cape, but not campy. As someone who doesn't move about a lot, it also makes sense for her (unlike Gambit, whose trenchcoat would actually be cumbersome and noisy for someone who tries to be stealthy and does a lot of acrobatics). Come to think of it, for a character that's been around since the 1960s, I'm actually surprised artists never gave Jean a cape (except in her brief Black Queen outfit), considering others with visually similar abilities have had one (like Magneto, Polaris, and Justice).

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

we can be heroes, just for one day

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    This looks amazing!

BANNED

Marvel 101:Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    Good it finally ends, welcome to the real world Ororo.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Speaking for myself, i mantain that a friendship between the two is impossible, but i'm pretty sure that they can work together in a profesional way just fine. They both adults, they can their personal grudges aside for the greater good.

I would keep their interactions to a minimum though.
    And they have put aside their grudges plenty of times. Look at the Jean Grey limited series. Look at Emma training Jean. Look at Jean saving Emma from Magneto, saying mutants need them both.

The most important thing in either woman´s life is not Scott. I hate it fans try to reduce female characters to stupid talk show cutouts who just fight over a man. Jean more recently has been show with Bishop in AoXM, and there were hints of something brewing between them BEFORE AoXM.

In real life when a man leaves a woman for someone else, she moves on to other people. It´s not normal or natural to portray a woman as saving herself for a man who has LEFT her.

Jean and Emma are both professional competent women. It´s a stretch to say they´d ever become good friends, but they are definitely colleagues that respect each other. Emma, who has said nasty things about Jean after she was gone, also said that Jean was the most gifted psychic she´d ever come across. Jean has acknowledged Emma as a master telepath, both before she died and ghost Jean also acknowledged how great a telepath Emma is.

Emma thought ghost Jean´s plan to give Jeen a bit of the Phoenix as a vaccine was a bit harsh, but she said all it took was death to turn you into me.

So clearly both women have a lot of respect for each other. It doesn´t mean they are happy with each other, but there´s a lot more to their relationship beyond Dark Phoenix and Scott. Even without Emma training Jean, which she did. And we have to count that Jean powered up to the pink form and made Magneto backdown from killing Emma. Jean, when they traveled through time thought it was a shame Emma couldn´t stay as Gen X Emma, who she admired.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I don't think much of the time displaced O5 will carry over if anything. I expect that in a few years they will be forgotten to be honest.
    It was fun for a while but the adult and teen version are essentially diferent characters even if they are literally the same person.

I mean I don't see Beast using magic again anytime soon or ever.
    Iceman being gay totally carried over. Cyclops´s involvement with the Champions carried over. The o5 was the first time Jean was shown in a leadership role really, and that has carried over. (Aside from headmistress during the Morrison run).

The XMen are being rebooted, yes. But the more positive things from the o5 are permanent. X-Men Red said Jean was very powerful even without the Phoenix, and this was a carry over from the o5 too.

Lol, no. the only thing close to build up Jean got with BIshop wa she going crazy on her friends and family and that going ignored.
    or the thypoid mary illusion (his crimes were already turning her own?) and that was in a love trinagle with Storm (who was supposed to be Bishops couple on Age of X-man originaly)
    Jean/Bishop/Stomr love trinagle when?
    the winners baby gets killed.

correction:
    Lol, no. the only thing close to build up Jean got with Bishop was he going crazy on her friends and family and that going ignored.
    or the thypoid mary illusion (his crimes were already turning her own?) and that was in a love triangle with Storm (who was supposed to be Bishops couple on Age of X-man originaly)
    Jean/Bishop/Stomr love triangle when?
    the winners baby gets killed.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    And they have put aside their grudges plenty of times. Look at the Jean Grey limited series. Look at Emma training Jean. Look at Jean saving Emma from Magneto, saying mutants need them both.

The most important thing in either woman´s life is not Scott. I hate it fans try to reduce female characters to stupid talk show cutouts who just fight over a man. Jean more recently has been show with Bishop in AoXM, and there were hints of something brewing between them BEFORE AoXM.

In real life when a man leaves a woman for someone else, she moves on to other people. It´s not normal or natural to portray a woman as saving herself for a man who has LEFT her.

Jean and Emma are both professional competent women. It´s a stretch to say they´d ever become good friends, but they are definitely colleagues that respect each other. Emma, who has said nasty things about Jean after she was gone, also said that Jean was the most gifted psychic she´d ever come across. Jean has acknowledged Emma as a master telepath, both before she died and ghost Jean also acknowledged how great a telepath Emma is.

Emma thought ghost Jean´s plan to give Jeen a bit of the Phoenix as a vaccine was a bit harsh, but she said all it took was death to turn you into me.

So clearly both women have a lot of respect for each other. It doesn´t mean they are happy with each other, but there´s a lot more to their relationship beyond Dark Phoenix and Scott. Even without Emma training Jean, which she did. And we have to count that Jean powered up to the pink form and made Magneto backdown from killing Emma. Jean, when they traveled through time thought it was a shame Emma couldn´t stay as Gen X Emma, who she admired.
    You are correct. PhoenixStudies had a post recently that I also completely agree with. Some fans have such a bias against the Emma character that it makes them not see all the evidence you have listed. I also am constantly floored at those that think the most central aspect of Jean's character is her relationship with Scott Summers. While it is important it is not everything.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I found this on twitter and thought it was cute.
    DgLRV8nU0AE35Aj.jpg
    DgJyHhbU0AA3X9n.jpg