Page 3 of 626 FirstFirst 12345671353103503 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Hi I made some Phoenixes.

Attachment 75743
    Love them, love the green one!

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    Happy 2019 and here's hoping for a year of great Jean and X-Men comics. In today's Uncanny she didn't have too much to say but

spoilers:
    she did go toe-to-toe with Apocalypse and seemed to be holding her own, so that was something.
    end of spoilers
    It's worth to buy uncanny for Jean?
    I honestly dropped it after #4 because it was so boring and while Jean was leading, so much is happening that at least for what i have read Jean isn't being really important.

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    Happy 2019 and here's hoping for a year of great Jean and X-Men comics. In today's Uncanny she didn't have too much to say but

spoilers:
    she did go toe-to-toe with Apocalypse and seemed to be holding her own, so that was something.
    end of spoilers
    This would have been a good call back to the movie.
    First X-Lady

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    Hi everyone, and happy new year!
    It's beautiful to see your reactions to Young Jean because it mirrors mine as a kid back in 1981.
    I'm french and I grew up reading Spécial Strange where every two months you could read 2 Uncanny X-Men and 1 Spider-Man Team-up with french covers!
    Attachment 75755
    Attachment 75756
    This is the Jean I grew up with, beautiful isn't she?
    I think the moment you discover a character defines the way you see him, you discovered Jean by Young Jean and I discovered her as Phoenix in the Byrne episodes and all the other Jean compare to her. I remember I disliked Jean in X-Factor first feeling her disminished (It took me a while to understand that Phoenix was very specific)!
    Now we have the actual Jean, a newly resurrected Jean in a troubled world.
    And X-Men Red was a great way to reintroduce her to us! I like this idea of a free Jean, free from the Phoenix, free from always having to restrein herself, and finally free to acknowledge her own power and place in the Marvel universe. It's been a loooong way!

I like that Jean Grey is taking a more pro-active part and I hope that Cyclops's resurrection doesn't make her take a backseat, I'm not even sure Jean and Scott should be on the same team! They're at a time where they both should define themselves individually (just like Cyclops was in Whedon's run), it doesn't mean their love shouldn't rekindle but I think we should see it be rebuild raher than offered us as a given.

I like how she used Cassandra Nova to make a statement in front of all the superheroes community. She used the manipulator Cassandra (I like how Taylor wrote her, so clever!) to show the Avengers that she could have killed her but chose another way, the healing way. And made the Avengers stand by the X-Men in front of the United Nations effectively officialy ending years of distrust and sometimes open warfare between the two teams. For her first story arc since her resurrection!

Of course she will eventually make mistakes, and she shouldn't be perfect, but I hope she will take the place of the major player she always should have been.
    Welcome to CBR, I am French as well and seeing those "Special Strange" covers bring back so many memories!

Which issue ends this Nate storyline? I assume they are teleported to another world hence begins the Marvelous X-Men.
    First X-Lady

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    It's worth to buy uncanny for Jean?
    I honestly dropped it after #4 because it was so boring and while Jean was leading, so much is happening that at least for what i have read Jean isn't being really important.
    If the current Uncanny arc is actually about anybody it's the set of X-kids they picked for it. The adult X-Men are basically dropped in to do and say the things more or less on autopilot.

The only main X-Man who's had some actual development is Warren and...the less said about that the better.

Jean's first appearance of 2019 and she rolls out with a dud.

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Jean punking Apocalypse with rocks in the background while Betsy does the important psychic work was kinda funny, tbh.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by perdid06 View Post
    Welcome to CBR, I am French as well and seeing those "Special Strange" covers bring back so many memories!
    Yes, for me too! I have put 2 others in the Storm Thread!
    I'm not fond of her new costume, though! too much shoulderpads for me, reminiscent of the 90's where Jean was too often seen as xavier's nanny!
    I remember her sometimes having enough and showing sabertooth and poor Mellencamp what they could awaken but for the most part she was pretty bland!
    Now she's at a moment where the writers can take her in new directions easily and I hope at one time to see her serving as an Avenger, it would do so much for Mutant recognition, much more than Alex or rogue!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jean's first appearance of 2019 and she rolls out with a dud.
    Don't lose hope, I'm sure we'll see some great things this year for Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post
    Don't lose hope, I'm sure we'll see some great things this year for Jean.
    Hopefully, but it'll be at least 6 months till we get stories of her in 616 unless she makes gueat appearances in other books during Age of Xman

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    Jean punking Apocalypse with rocks in the background while Betsy does the important psychic work was kinda funny, tbh.
    Tbh I think Jean dealt with Apocalypse specifically bc she was the only one that was able to. No one else was strong enough. I just wish that were the primary focus of the issue, Jean vs Apocalypse would have been more interesting than whatever last issue was.

Also: it looks like Age of X-Man is going to be in Legion's mind or something. So our X-Men will have their memories coming out of it.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Hopefully, but it'll be at least 6 months till we get stories of her in 616 unless she makes gueat appearances in other books during Age of Xman
    At least she's being used. After having her gone for so long, it's just nice seeing her in books...mostly because some of her appearances have been less than stellar *eyes that Typhoid Mary abomination*

Well I don't think Age of X-Man is an actual AU, like the Ultimate Universe or even the original AOA. Everything seems to point out to it being more of a House of M situation where the 616 characters are trapped on this new world without remembering who they really are. So technically Age of X-Man Jean should still be our Jean, and I've liked Thompson/Nadler's work on Cable and X-Terminated, so I have faith that Jean will be well-written on it.

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Jean's skirmish with Apocalypse in Uncanny X-Men #8

Last edited by PhoenixStudies; 01-02-2019 at 02:40 PM.