Page 318 of 626 FirstFirst ... 218268308314315316317318319320321322328368418 ... LastLast
Results 4,756 to 4,770 of 9381
    Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Didn’t Hickman say he’s not focused on costumes, and they’ll rotate them to whatever the artists wants or something like that?
    Yeah I think he said that artists will be allowed to chose the costumes for characters. I think we'll likely see some costume changes once the books officially launch but given the synergy they are creating around Dawn of X they'll use the same costumes from HoX/PoX.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Yeah I think he said that artists will be allowed to chose the costumes for characters. I think we'll likely see some costume changes once the books officially launch but given the synergy they are creating around Dawn of X they'll use the same costumes from HoX/PoX.
    Emma changed her costume. marcus To said that Rogue will change her costume too

Fantastic Member

I am really excited for the new books! Although I am bit angry about how Hickman handled Omega Level (WARNING SPOILERS) in the case of Jean.
    Last edited by ThePhoenix; 07-23-2019 at 03:38 PM.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

spoilers:
    I don't think it super matters, though I'm choosing to believe that Jean is the omega level Psionic in general, not just one of two omega level telepaths. That makes more sense with what Hickman seems to be going for.

Super happy for my girl Ororo tho
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Harpsikord; 07-23-2019 at 03:41 PM.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Please dont discuss spoilers on here without tagging

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Please dont discuss spoilers on here without tagging
    Went ahead and tagged that, I didn't think it'd be a huge deal since Jean is an omega level anyway.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Sad day for TK's and psychics in general. Tk and tp are some of the most badass and interesting powers, more interesting than magnetism or the generic reality warping.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Sad day for TK's and psychics in general. Tk and tp are some of the most badass and interesting powers, more interesting than magnetism or the generic reality warping.
    spoilers:
    The nerfing was probably needed. There were too many "solve the plot" psychics. Dropping Emma, Xavier, and Cable down to the level below Omega for telepathy makes sense. QQQ being up there bugs me though. Rachel has beaten him easily, as has Emma.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Kinda bummed she’s no longer considered an Omega-level telekinetic. I mean, Exodus as the superior for the Omega telekinetic category?? Jean would trump him any day in a tk scrap. I suppose they couldn’t have Jean as an Omega for both the tp and tk categories though since it’s been redefined to 14 power-fields and 14 mutants. Wonder if this classification means that Hickman will be shining a light on and uncovering more depth on her capabilities as a telepath, tomorrow’s issue should be a decent indicator.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Conor; 07-23-2019 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    spoilers:
    The nerfing was probably needed. There were too many "solve the plot" psychics. Dropping Emma, Xavier, and Cable down to the level below Omega for telepathy makes sense. QQQ being up there bugs me though. Rachel has beaten him easily, as has Emma.
    end of spoilers
    It's about having no upper limit. Doesnt mean Quentin has reached that level. Experience also factors into who would win.

Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post
    spoilers:
    Kinda bummed she’s no longer considered an Omega-level telekinetic. I mean, Exodus as the superior for the Omega telekinetic category?? Jean would trump him any day in a tk scrap. I suppose they couldn’t have Jean as an Omega for both the tp and tk categories though since it’s been redefined to 14 power-fields and 14 mutants. Wonder if this classification means that Hickman will be shining a light on and uncovering more depth on her capabilities as a telepath, tomorrow’s issue should be a decent indicator.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    There being only fourteen categories is what has me curious about the whole telepathy thing. I don't think that Jean is exclusively an omega level telepath because that's also where they have Quentin listed. It's more appropriate to say that she's an omega level psychic, which is all-encompassing and maintains her being better defined as her own category. Whereas Exodus isn't exactly telepathic and Quentin, while he has displayed telekinesis before, has always been more about his telepathy. Jean is about both.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

spoilers:
    Hickman, is wrong Jean Grey is an Omega-level mutant.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Shreene; 07-23-2019 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    spoilers:
    Hickman, is wrong Jean Grey is an Omega-level mutant.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    He didn't take away her omega mutant status
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    spoilers:
    There being only fourteen categories is what has me curious about the whole telepathy thing. I don't think that Jean is exclusively an omega level telepath because that's also where they have Quentin listed. It's more appropriate to say that she's an omega level psychic, which is all-encompassing and maintains her being better defined as her own category. Whereas Exodus isn't exactly telepathic and Quentin, while he has displayed telekinesis before, has always been more about his telepathy. Jean is about both.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I just think those are categories that exist now with people who have unlimited potential in them. Not that that is all there is. Given Jean thing it would be 13 classifications that were the case since that one is there twice.
    end of spoilers
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    spoilers:
    I just think those are categories that exist now with people who have unlimited potential in them. Not that that is all there is. Given Jean thing it would be 13 classifications that were the case since that one is there twice.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    That also doesn't really make sense especially with how Jean has been portrayed lately, though. Her telekinesis has largely been her biggest asset through most of her publication history, and she even had huge feats with it in X-Men Red and X-Men Blue. So her being a generalized psionic is a better fit.
    end of spoilers