Page 329 of 626 FirstFirst ... 229279319325326327328329330331332333339379429 ... LastLast
Results 4,921 to 4,935 of 9381

I love Lucas Werneck’s design for Jean
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    Pretty good, love his designs

I was thinking about Jean's omega level telepathy and what that could mean. I see a lot of potential with telekinesis so someone help me out on what it would mean to be a high ordered telepath? Also I was looking at back issues and Xavier is one scary powerful telepath so it is hard to imagine anyone being stronger or having more potential than him. I was reading the issues where he tries to deter Galactus from eating a planet. What does it mean for Quinton and Jean to be omega level in their telepathy?

As as aside, I assume Xavier is an alpha level mutant/telepath and I assume Jean Grey is alpha level for her tk. I wonder why they decided to make her omega status based on her telepathy instead of her telekinesis. It is interesting because I wouldn't have expected the tp over tk.

His ENTIRE lineup is incredibly well considered, feels like iterations on previous designs, but still contemporary. And there's tons of retro and out of date looks when it comes to X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    What does it mean for Quinton and Jean to be omega level in their telepathy?
    I'm sure it's an interpretation of the notion that Jean and Quentin were able to access the White Hot Room, as though that's an aspect of the Astral Plane rather than fifth dimensional space.

Even if we dont see her use it, Jean's omega level TP allows her to amplify her TK. With her TP, she was able to siphon psionic energy from the Phoenix and Galactus. Just think about that for a second. This is what her omega level TP is capable of

Her power is infinite and I think at its fullest potential, she could expand her powers to siphon psionic energy from all life on the planet.
    Last edited by Havok83; 07-29-2019 at 04:33 PM.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Earth X

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Her power is infinite and I think at its fullest potential, she could expand her powers to siphon psionic energy from all life on the planet.
    Which is not impressive at all when you consider her feat with siphoning Energy from Galactus and Phoenix, two Cosmic Entities. At her fullest potential she could do much more. Destroying the planet etc are low level feats for Cosmic Characters. Gladiator and base Thor have Solar System level feats. And Teen Jean could go toe to toe with gladiator. That's impressive. Also godlike Telekinisis can alter the fabric of reality.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Even if we dont see her use it, Jean's omega level TP allows her to amplify her TK. With her TP, she was able to siphon psionic energy from the Phoenix and Galactus. Just think about that for a second. This is what her omega level TP is capable of

From, Terrax also and the entire population of the planet. It was an incredibly impressive display of power.

Ah, Teen Jean. I miss this version of the character. I had hoped to see adult Jean use her powers in ways Teen Jean did. I think it is a good explanation to say that she can use her omega level tp to amp up her tk. I like the idea of her being able to combine her psychic powers. JDW indicated once that Jean could use her pink form but decides not to because it was just something she did as a teenager lol I guess they didn't want to follow up with it.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhoenix View Post
    Which is not impressive at all when you consider her feat with siphoning Energy from Galactus and Phoenix, two Cosmic Entities. At her fullest potential she could do much more. Destroying the planet etc are low level feats for Cosmic Characters. Gladiator and base Thor have Solar System level feats. And Teen Jean could go toe to toe with gladiator. That's impressive. Also godlike Telekinisis can alter the fabric of reality.
    No it was incredibly impressive. I can’t think of another telepath doing what she did here quite in this scale. The fact that she was even able to siphon power from 2 cosmic entities is a godlike feat

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    His ENTIRE lineup is incredibly well considered, feels like iterations on previous designs, but still contemporary. And there's tons of retro and out of date looks when it comes to X-Men.

I'm sure it's an interpretation of the notion that Jean and Quentin were able to access the White Hot Room, as though that's an aspect of the Astral Plane rather than fifth dimensional space.
    The WHR is just the ancestral home of the Phoenix. Both were hosts. Everyone who has ever hosted it has access to the WHR psionically.

Omega simply means their telepathy may have no upper limit.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Looks pretty cool. Even if they want to keep Jean apart from the phoenix, the design works without the bird too.

I’m confused at those who are confused about jean’s Omega level telepathy.

For one, people in the past have come in here to claim that Xavier and Emma are stroger telepaths and there was a pretty strong consensus among jean posters that this wasn’t the case.

Two, Emma herself has state jean is the most gifted psychic she’s ever met. That would include Xavier.

I guess what I’m saying is just surprised that im seeing as many people who are surprised by Hickman’s revelation.

Also I still see people saying since her tp is omega and not her tk, that tp is her main/strongest power. That isn’t necessarily the case. If telepathy has some subjective Lower ceiling than tk, then one could reach that ceiling More easily, whereas the tk is higher but it just doesn’t come as close to its respective ceiling (note that in Hickman’s definition, one can REACH the upper ceiling of their power and be omega. It does not mean “limitless”).

I’m jut going by his new terms. It involves some re defining of how these words were previously used).
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

besides scott with who do you ship jean? , steven rogers, matt murdock, frank castle?
    we can be heroes, just for one day

House of X #3 variant (companion piece to the Powers of X #3 variant) by Mahmud Asrar with Jean and other X-Men from various eras in the Danger Room. I like how Asrar always made Jean's hair so voluminous and fluid. It kind of reminds me of the 90s Legion of Superheroes character, Kinetix, who also was a telekinetic redhead (and a clear homage to Jean). Due to her TK powers, her hair was sometimes drawn like it was naturally floating in the air as if under zero gravity.