Page 337 of 626 FirstFirst ... 237287327333334335336337338339340341347387437 ... LastLast
Results 5,041 to 5,055 of 9381
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wiccan View Post
    joke's on you, look closely...

nooooooooo!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    So, what artists do you think drew the best and worst Phoenix effect / raptor? Byrne got mine for fave, Quitely for worst probably.
    Loved Byrne’s, of course. And Phil Jimenez’s. Adam Kubert’s was nice as well. And Stuart Immonen’s.
    Don’t know who I think made the worst.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    So, what artists do you think drew the best and worst Phoenix effect / raptor? Byrne got mine for fave, Quitely for worst probably.
    Immonen is the undisputed king, I also hated Quitely, He makes everything look ugly, old and weird.

I know art has a level of subjectivity, but both Frank Quitely and Igor Kordey are great artists. Igor did a fantastic phoenix raptor during the U-men story. Quitely did an amazing Jean Grey (re: the Imperial storyline).

Anywho, I met Jim Shooter yesterday. He is the former Marvel comics editor. He is the one that decided Jean Grey had to die at the end of the Dark Phoenix Saga. We went to his panel at a local comic con and there were only 6 of us listening to his stories. He is an old guy who doesn't like current comics and thinks they are social justice propaganda. He doesn't like Bendis.
    '
    I ended up on an elevator with him and my partner was wearing a Dark Phoenix shirt. He mentioned to Shooter that the DPS was his favorite story and Jim Shooter laughed about making them "kill her". It was a cool experience. I do not agree with Shooter about the state of comics but it was interesting to hear his experience. I did enjoy him talking about working with Stan Lee and some of his other insider stories. I wish he would understand younger folks and why social justice is so important to our generation and the younger generations.

It was cool meeting someone who had such an effect on the Jean Grey character. He also had nice things to say about Chris Claremont.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Joke's on you, look closely...

Great cover!

I don't know where Quentin gets his shirts, but I want one too.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I know art has a level of subjectivity, but both Frank Quitely and Igor Kordey are great artists. Igor did a fantastic phoenix raptor during the U-men story. Quitely did an amazing Jean Grey (re: the Imperial storyline).

Anywho, I met Jim Shooter yesterday. He is the former Marvel comics editor. He is the one that decided Jean Grey had to die at the end of the Dark Phoenix Saga. We went to his panel at a local comic con and there were only 6 of us listening to his stories. He is an old guy who doesn't like current comics and thinks they are social justice propaganda. He doesn't like Bendis.
    '
    I ended up on an elevator with him and my partner was wearing a Dark Phoenix shirt. He mentioned to Shooter that the DPS was his favorite story and Jim Shooter laughed about making them "kill her". It was a cool experience. I do not agree with Shooter about the state of comics but it was interesting to hear his experience. I did enjoy him talking about working with Stan Lee and some of his other insider stories. I wish he would understand younger folks and why social justice is so important to our generation and the younger generations.

It was cool meeting someone who had such an effect on the Jean Grey character. He also had nice things to say about Chris Claremont.
    Wow, i really can't imagine what would have happened without shooter. For good or bad he had a huge effect on Jean's character. If Jean for example didn't die on the DPS maybe her life and the life of the people closest to her would be radically different.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Wow, i really can't imagine what would have happened without shooter. For good or bad he had a huge effect on Jean's character. If Jean for example didn't die on the DPS maybe her life and the life of the people closest to her would be radically different.
    I mean I've always wished Jean hadn't died at the end of DPS so that the retcon wouldn't have happened. In Claremont's original idea for an ending Jean would have lost her powers so who knows how that would have worked out long term. And even with the retcon it has pretty much been nullified since Jean did return and eventually gained the memories and her consciousness back from Phoenix and eventually went on to become Phoenix again.

The retcon as confusing as it was, does give Jean an interesting history. I mean she's still not as confusing as Psylocke.

Our local comic con is only on its third year. I was interested when I saw Jim Shooter was going to be a guest. I'm kind of sad only 6 folks went to his panel, but I suppose a lot of people don't know who he is. I wasn't too surprised that he sounded comicsgate light due to his age. He likes heroes to be heroes and doesn't like them to be dark. If only he knew that several of the X-men have been connected to mass killing (like Bishop, Beast, Forge, Archangel, etc).. nowadays it is ok but for Jean it was a bridge too far. And with Jean it was on accident unlike a lot of other X-men.

The best part of the panel was just hearing from someone who knows comics from the inside. As fans we are often disconnected from the comics from both a creative and business standpoint.

Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Great cover!

I don't know where Quentin gets his shirts, but I want one too.
    I assume he has a silkscreen printer.

My buddy Michael Brower designed an updated uniform for Jean to bring her from “girl” to “Woman.” I think it’s a great design! I love the metallic gold as opposed to yellow.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Joke's on you, look closely...

You know say what you will about the Marvel Girl outfit but I'd rather have Jean in that and on various X-Men teams than 6 feet under being maggot food.

That being said I'm sure she'll get a costume change sometime around the spring/summer of next year. So I ain't even really bothered.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    My buddy Michael Brower designed an updated uniform for Jean to bring her from “girl” to “Woman.” I think it’s a great design! I love the metallic gold as opposed to yellow.
    That's great! Can you post it bigger(outside the CBR attachment thing)?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    Your mate did a fantastic job, big fan of this design!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I mean I've always wished Jean hadn't died at the end of DPS so that the retcon wouldn't have happened. In Claremont's original idea for an ending Jean would have lost her powers so who knows how that would have worked out long term. And even with the retcon it has pretty much been nullified since Jean did return and eventually gained the memories and her consciousness back from Phoenix and eventually went on to become Phoenix again.

The retcon as confusing as it was, does give Jean an interesting history. I mean she's still not as confusing as Psylocke.
    If Jean hadn't died, the Dark Phoenix Saga wouldn't have had the impact it had. Still her death was a bad move, a huge mistake that only gave us the dumb coccon retcon, the unnecessary Maddie (which died anyway, she only messed up things and screw a lot without need), it started the trend of killing Jean. Without her death at that moment Jean would probably have an stable and traditional family.

Some huge consecuences came from Shooter, his influence will affect these characters until the day Marvel goes bankrupt, not sure if for the best.
    Last edited by CuteNimrod; 08-04-2019 at 04:40 PM.

https://twitter.com/karen_xmenfan/st...90847994486784

Jean's mom isn't a redhead but this is still an interesting panel.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 08-04-2019 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    https://twitter.com/karen_xmenfan/st...90847994486784

Jean's mom isn't a redhead but this is still an interesting panel.
    I was a bit intrigued by this.

I liked this raptor