Page 339 of 626 FirstFirst ... 239289329335336337338339340341342343349389439 ... LastLast
Results 5,071 to 5,085 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont see her putting on a Phoenix costume unless she bonds with the PF again
    Can’t they just retcon away the Phoenix force while they are rebooting X-Men? Go back to the original version with it being Jean’s ultimate potential.
    Having said that, I am happy to see Jean reaching her omega potential without the mess that usually comes with the Phoenix (force), if that is indeed where Hickman is going. But if someone else becomes the Phoenix (ie. bonds with the bloody mess that is the Phoenix force today), I will probably be pretty upset.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    Can’t they just retcon away the Phoenix force while they are rebooting X-Men? Go back to the original version with it being Jean’s ultimate potential.
    Having said that, I am happy to see Jean reaching her omega potential without the mess that usually comes with the Phoenix (force), if that is indeed where Hickman is going. But if someone else becomes the Phoenix (ie. bonds with the bloody mess that is the Phoenix force today), I will probably be pretty upset.
    They could but the Phoenix Force concept is being used outside the X-books and until its fully in the X-Office, it probably wont be streamlined

Also, they arent rebooting the X-men. I also like that the PF isnt being tied to Jean's omega potential. It looks like Hickman is picking up on where Taylor was going with Jean in terms of she being extremely powerful without it

Jordan: Like you said—Jean was gone for a LONG TIME (at least in our time, in world it was probably a long weekend or something, right?) so there were a LOT of stories that related to her and the things she cared about. I think it’s safe to assume that she knows about the important ones, especially ones that people she cares about were present for, but there is not time to go into her reactions to all of them, and those are not necessarily the stories folks are looking to tell with her now that she is back around. She definitely knows about her family dying, yes, but it’s not a story we’re looking to go into right now.
    First X-Lady

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    Jordan: Like you said—Jean was gone for a LONG TIME (at least in our time, in world it was probably a long weekend or something, right?) so there were a LOT of stories that related to her and the things she cared about. I think it’s safe to assume that she knows about the important ones, especially ones that people she cares about were present for, but there is not time to go into her reactions to all of them, and those are not necessarily the stories folks are looking to tell with her now that she is back around. She definitely knows about her family dying, yes, but it’s not a story we’re looking to go into right now.
    That is why you don't do a massive development on her family and keep jean dead for a decade. Sure it isn't Jordan fault

BANNED

Sooner or later someone will take care of Jean's family plot. Whenever any writer wants to kick shiar asses.
    It will happen that's for sure.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Personally? I'm absolutely fine with what JDW says.
    1: Do we really need to go re-hashing every "important" detail of the past?
    2: We can believe certain important stories/experiences happened for these characters (not only Jean) even if they weren't shown in-panel. That's what the whole "suspension of disbelief" thing is for...the writer(s) shouldn't have to spell out and underline every word.
    3: I'm all for moving forward...with new stories new experiences.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Personally? I'm absolutely fine with what JDW says.
    1: Do we really need to go re-hashing every "important" detail of the past?
    2: We can believe certain important stories/experiences happened for these characters (not only Jean) even if they weren't shown in-panel. That's what the whole "suspension of disbelief" thing is for...the writer(s) shouldn't have to spell out and underline every word.
    3: I'm all for moving forward...with new stories new experiences.
    Your entire family dying sounds like a very big deal. Any sane person would think, mourn and take some kind of action after something like that.
    specially someone as loving as Jean, she wouldn't just forget and act like she didn't care about anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by CuteNimrod View Post
    Sooner or later someone will take care of Jean's family plot. Whenever any writer wants to kick shiar asses.
    It will happen that's for sure.
    Too bad they made the Shi'ar and mutants allies.

Quote Originally Posted by CuteNimrod View Post
    Your entire family dying sounds like a very big deal. Any sane person would think, mourn and take some kind of action after something like that.
    specially someone as loving as Jean, she wouldn't just forget and act like she didn't care about anybody.
    Blame Xavier. Jean was down and mourning in her own way in Astonishing X-men Annual, but Xavier mindwiped her and relieved her of that. If anyone has any issues with Jean not being affected more, that issue pretty much covers it and explains why she's moved on

Blame Xavier. Jean was down and mourning in her own way in Astonishing X-men Annual, but Xavier mindwiped her and relieved her of that. If anyone has any issues with Jean not being affected more, that issue pretty much covers it and explains why she's moved on
    This. Plus the whole End of Greys thing had its revenge moment with Rachel going ham on the assassins.

Even if they did want to run it, the Shi'Ar's relationship with the X-Men, and Jean in particular, is rocky at best. It would be fairly easy to setup.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Oh, I don't worry about that.
    That messy bird people will sooner or later screw up or mess with the phoenix and BOOM!
    Their asses will know the meaning of justice!

The End of Greys was dumb. Like Draco level dumb.

Let’s just handwave a psychic illusion retcon and call it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    It will be on the future?

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post

It was a complete bloodbath. we barely knew those people

I don't think anyone references that story. If jean is ignoring, is because Jordan and writers fell like it
    Last edited by spirit2011; 08-05-2019 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    It will be on the future?

It was a complete bloodbath. we barely knew those people

I don't think anyone references that story. If jean is ignoring, is because Jordan and writers fell like it
    So we just ignoring canon we don't agree with?

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post

It doesn't work if you view it through the lens of a Jean story. It worked for Rachel, even if it was a little "DARKNESS NO PARENTS".