Page 340 of 626 FirstFirst ... 240290330336337338339340341342343344350390440 ... LastLast
Results 5,086 to 5,100 of 9381

The End of Greys story really doesnt age well especially considering what was done with the Phoenix Force after in that it doesnt need to bond with Jean's kin or even a person with a similar powerset

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I don't think anyone references that story. If jean is ignoring, is because Jordan and writers fell like it
    Not directly but they dont need to. ALOT happened in the 14 years that Jean died that it would have been nice to see her reflect on but they couldnt have really gone into all of that in that issue, especially since it wasnt Jean focused.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    The End of Greys was dumb. Like Draco level dumb.

Let’s just handwave a psychic illusion retcon and call it a day.
    I really hope that Xavier used Krakoa to resurrect at least some of them. Her sister and her kids should be back
    Last edited by Havok83; 08-05-2019 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    It doesn't work if you view it through the lens of a Jean story. It worked for Rachel, even if it was a little "DARKNESS NO PARENTS".
    Oh I know. It’s because writers don’t know what to do except drag Rachel. That sounds stanny, but it’s really just boredom.

So we just ignoring canon we don't agree with?
    If writers are ignoring it. I doubt anyone gonna reference the astonishing annual

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    If writers are ignoring it. I doubt anyone gonna reference the astonishing annual
    Where would this have come up? Jean has spent the entire year thus far in an AU. We just had a time jump to get to HoX. If AXM is gonna be referenced, its gonna be here as Hickman has picked up on Xavier's secret plans after he went into hiding. We'll have to wait and see if Jean learns what he did to her as its too early to rule that out

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Where would this have come up? Jean has spent the entire year thus far in an AU. We just had a time jump to get to HoX. If AXM is gonna be referenced, its gonna be here as Hickman has picked up on Xavier's secret plans after he went into hiding. We'll have to wait and see if Jean learns what he did to her as its too early to rule that out
    I really don't expect it to happen, but it isn't impossible specially if Hickman adresses the Fantomex-Xavier

The End of Greys story really doesnt age well especially considering what was done with the Phoenix Force after in that it doesnt need to bond with Jean's kin or even a person with a similar powerset
    Yeah so many people being phoenix hosts, Grey bloodline lost the meaning

Not directly but they dont need to. ALOT happened in the 14 years that Jean died that it would have been nice to see her reflect on but they couldnt have really gone into all of that in that issue, especially since it wasnt Jean focused.

I really hope that Xavier used Krakoa to resurrect at least some of them. Her sister and her kids should be back
    That would have been nice, but they would need to be mutants
    Last edited by spirit2011; 08-05-2019 at 06:54 PM.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

off topic but damn marvel woman is a good codename for jean
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    You'd think that naturally it'd have been that way for a while considering the fact that she's a grown ass woman and not a girl, but Marvel.

Also I don't think anything about Jean is off-topic in her AT.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I would leave her codename as Phoenix, even if she doesn't have the force. Like Thor or Odin with the thor/odin force.
    But Marvel woman does sound better than Marvel Girl

Skottie Young variant for upcoming House of X issue.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B0yO_H-HhCC/

So we just ignoring canon we don't agree with?
    I am trying my best to ignore all the Phoenix force retcons. It has been a 33 year long struggle. :-)

I hope there will be another retcon, making Jean the one true Phoenix again.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    Skottie Young variant for upcoming House of X issue.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B0yO_H-HhCC/

Every Scottie Young cover is a true treasure.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    I hope there will be another retcon, making Jean the one true Phoenix again.
    Why? Phoenix itself already stated that Jean's power and influence as Phoenix is unparalleled in Jean Grey solo. That's more than enough for me.

The Red Dragon

No it doesnt. It sounds lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post
    Claremont's idea was:

"And then we have a five-page sequence in which Jean essentially has her psionic abilities removed down to a molecular level, the reason being, Lilandra says, that they don’t want to destroy Jean, partly because they don’t know what releationship she has to the M’Krann crystal. They believe they can safely strip her power; they don’t know if they should kill her, so they won’t. And she doesn’t deserve to be killed. So her power is removed molecule by molecule. The galaxy’s greatest telepaths sit there and they literally take Jean apart molecule by molecule, take out all of the molecules that relate to her psionic ability and put her back together again, leaving her a normal human being.”

“What I wanted to do then was spend about the next eight issues or so having Jean come to terms with the fact that she can no longer move things by thought, that she is locked inside of her head for the first time in her adult life. At the same time she has the memory that she had godlike powers, and more importantly, what she did with them.”

“I had a rough idea of where I wanted to take it, which was over the next year having her deal with what happened, with what she did,” Claremont revealed in Phoenix: The Untold Story. “From my point of view, I saw it as coming to terms with the fact that she killed five billion people – that she committed a crime for which she can never atone, and yet she’s still alive. The easy way out would be just to jump off a cliff, but she can’t. She has to somehow put things right with herself, within herself.”

“The ultimate end of it, leading up to issue #150 (in 1981), would be that Magneto, having found out about this, would come in, kidnapping her, and offering her the power again on the false assumption that he could control her. And the X-Men would come to her rescue. They’d be battling Magneto on one section of the Asteroid M, and she’d be in a room all by herself with Phoenix, the effect, the power, coming back, forced to make the choice (of a lifetime).”

“She denies it,” Claremont answered in The X-Men Companion. “She says “No! Get thee from me, Phoenix!” And the idea is, it is better to be human than it is to be a wrathful goddess.”

“In X-Men #137 (1980) Jean is the victim. She is not a protagonist; she is acted upon; she does not act in her own behalf. In X-Men #150 (1981) she is the hero. She single-handedly all by herself, and no one knows it, saves the universe again. It’s the greatest sacrifice that has ever been made...Essentially all the stuff the Watcher said at the end of (the published version of) X-Men #137 would have been said at the end of X-Men #150 but not because she killed herself, but because she denied this infinite power.”
    Damn. Claremont's idea was pretty decent. Especially considering they would bring her back anyway... it would rid of us the Madelyne-Scott-XFactor debacle.

His plan for UXM 150 were awesome too.