Page 341 of 626 FirstFirst ... 241291331337338339340341342343344345351391441 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,115 of 9381
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CuteNimrod View Post
    Sooner or later someone will take care of Jean's family plot. Whenever any writer wants to kick shiar asses.
    It will happen that's for sure.
    It's already taken care of. Mike Carey used Rachel to tie this off toward the end of his run.

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    It's already taken care of. Mike Carey used Rachel to tie this off toward the end of his run.
    Funny thing is that it isn't even Rachel family

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I know Jean technically didn't give birth to Rachel but that's kind of what makes the relationship interesting to me.
    If someone went back in time I don't think they would act like nothing with who is supposed to be his/her mother and if you met someone who is supposed to be your kid you wouldn't act like nothing either. (if that were me on any of the two situations I would be fascinated by with my relative)

It is so curious because they are family but at the same time, not exactly. Rachel is what would happen if Jean had a girl. She just didn't need to get pregnant, that's it. Jean is the defacto mother of the team, she is motherly to any kid I don't see it weird for her to act motherly to someone who is kinda related to her, even their ages are not a problem because Jean is motherly to Cable and he is older than her.
    X-men relationships are weird, nobody has normal families. Laura is Logan's clone/daugther, Shogo is adopted. Jean's way of having kids is time travel.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 08-06-2019 at 09:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    If someone went back in time I don't think they would act like nothing with who is supposed to be his/her mother and if you met someone who is supposed to be your kid you wouldn't act like nothing either. (if that were me on any of the two situations I would be fascinated by with my relative)
    Rachel didn't just went back in time: she went into the past of another universe. 616 Jean could never have been Rachel's mother because she died on the moon. It's an alternate universe Phoenix, who didn't died on the moon, and not Jean, that was her mother.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    Rachel didn't just went back in time: she went into the past of another universe. 616 Jean could never have been Rachel's mother because she died on the moon. It's an alternate universe Phoenix, who didn't died on the moon, and not Jean, that was her mother.

There's 2 problem with this schema: Jean & Scott married after she's free from the PF. Rachel has the SAME age as Nathan and it seems they share the same birthday too! Why I said that? It's because of what she said in the book when she knew Maddie is pregnant: her conception time is the same as Cable and it should be her instead of him at that time.

spoilers:
    Plus, I don't want to spoil HoX#2 but finally she COULD BE Jean & Scott from 616 with what's happening in here with Moira's situation!
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by fridric; 08-06-2019 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fridric View Post
    There's 2 problem with this schema: Jean & Scott married after she's free from the PF. Rachel has the SAME age as Nathan and it seems they share the same birthday too! Why I said that? It's because of what she said in the book when she knew Maddie is pregnant: her conception time is the same as Cable and it should be her instead of him at that time.

spoilers:
    Plus, I don't want to spoil HoX#2 but finally she COULD BE Jean & Scott from 616 with what's happening in here with Moira's situation!
    end of spoilers
    you kinda of spoiled a bit. Some people might get a problem with that and ask you to put spoiler tags [spoil] [/ spoil]

LOL comics are so complicated that we need charts. Hickman is a visionary
    Last edited by spirit2011; 08-06-2019 at 10:14 AM.

I dont think it was ever made clear that Rachel's mother was the Phoenix clone or 811 Jean. Her parentage was revealed before the 616 retcon but that doesnt mean it automatically applies to her universe. We were always told that it was Jean, so for all intents and purposes, I think thats what we are lead to elieve. I know CC had some ideas about her being the literal daughter of the PF, but that never materialized.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    you kinda of spoiled a bit. Some people might get a problem with that and ask you to put spoiler tags [spoil] [/ spoil]

LOL comics are so complicated that we need charts. Hickman is a visionary
    Well sorry I'm not used to spoil cache. I will change it

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I know Jean technically didn't give birth to Rachel but that's kind of what makes the relationship interesting to me.

It is so curious because they are family but at the same time, not exactly. Rachel is what would happen if Jean had a girl. She just didn't need to get pregnant, that's it. Jean is the defacto mother of the team, she is motherly to any kid I don't see it weird for her to act motherly to someone who is kinda related to her, even their ages are not a problem because Jean is motherly to Cable and he is older than her.
    X-men relationships are weird, nobody has normal families. Laura is Logan's clone/daugther, Shogo is adopted. Jean's way of having kids is time travel.
    Jean Grey of Earth-811 gave birth to Rachel so I see no genetic difference in the grand scheme of things.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

[spoil]Plus, I don't want to spoil HoX#2 but finally she COULD BE Jean & Scott from 616 with what's happening in here with Moira's situation![/ spoil]
    Fix your tag or just delete it.
    "Cable was right!"

Well sorry I'm not used to spoil cache. I will change it
    there isn't a space on last [/spoil] . I put a space to not activate the tag.
    I even put on my quote of your post

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Fix your tag or just delete it.
    I fixed it. It's only I'm not used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    Jean Grey of Earth-811 gave birth to Rachel so I see no genetic difference in the grand scheme of things.
    Theres a big difference in that 616 Jean did not give birth to or raise her, therefore does not have the same connection to Rachel as her actual mother does. Its more in line with twin sisters. They are genetically identical but the one who gave birth is the mother and the other is the aunt. Its not like Jean took her in as a child and raised her either as she met Rachel as an adult, a few years younger than she was. They can never truly be mother and daughter. Jean's accepted her and the relationship that they can have is more akin to sisters or niece and young aunt.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhoenix View Post
    Why? Phoenix itself already stated that Jean's power and influence as Phoenix is unparalleled in Jean Grey solo. That's more than enough for me.
    I am not really a fan of the Phoenix force. In the original story it was Jean reaching those levels by herself, and I truly loved that. The Phoenix force has always seemed convoluted to me. Because of the retcon we have yet to see Jean reach the power levels that Moira and Xavier suspected that she has.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Theres a big difference in that 616 Jean did not give birth to or raise her, therefore does not have the same connection to Rachel as her actual mother does. Its more in line with twin sisters. They are genetically identical but the one who gave birth is the mother and the other is the aunt. Its not like Jean took her in as a child and raised her either as she met Rachel as an adult, a few years younger than she was. They can never truly be mother and daughter. Jean's accepted her and the relationship that they can have is more akin to sisters or niece and young aunt.
    Writers recently have been inconsistent. X-Men Red saw the relationship as mother/daughter. Guggenheim in Gold, after X-Men Red had Jean and Rachel have a mother/daughter relationship briefly (Jean specifically tells Cassandra let my daughter go) has Jean tell Rachel I´m not your mother.

But Rachel is a member of the upcoming Grey/Summers family book, and with a teen Cable there I think clearly they are just going to portray Rachel and Scott and Jeans daughter with it not mattering how Rachel came to be.

Jean and Scott have two kids, Cable and Rachel (featured in the books).

Jean even acknowledged Nate Grey as her SON in X-Men Disassembled and if she acknowledges him, then yes she acknowledges Rachel. She goes out of her way to try to help him as a mother when it should have been a bit more ruthless.