Page 344 of 626 FirstFirst ... 244294334340341342343344345346347348354394444 ... LastLast
Results 5,146 to 5,160 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    If that's the case, why don't they just retcon her lineage away. She'll be Rachel Martin or something like that. If the writers shouldn't tackle it, then get rid of it.

Otherwise, there is no real world precedent for her. Jean-811 is her mom. Jean-616 is functionally identical. If that difference is too much for you, fine. But I tend to think Jean, being a WORLD-CLASS EMPATH, would have slightly more empathy than that.
    You want to force a relationship were none exist. Of course, it doesn't mean that none can exist. But it isn't automatic. If there is to have a relationship between them, it need to be built. It can't just be based on a non-existent blood ties between them like if it was a given.

And no, 616 Jean isn't identical to 811 Jean. For one thing, she choosed to kill herself instead of risking losing control of the Phoenix while the other lived. Seems like a big difference to me.

And yeah, the writers mostly ignored the nonexistent relationship or had the characters make joke about it. It's some fans that absolutely want those characters to have a mother/daughter relationship where none exist. Havok83's point is correct: they nearly never spent anytime together and couldn't have learned to know each others that much. (which is exactly why recent writers made jokes about it)

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    I was being generous (and I am assuming that they spent some time together off-book after they started to know each others in X-Factor)
    Nah, Jean rejected her when they met and they didnt see each other again till Excalibur 75. Jean got married, Rachel got lost in the time stream and they dont see each other again till Red Annual, last year. We can only assume they got to know each other a bit more off panel as they interacted at Kitty's wedding and Jean rescued her from Nova, but these are all fairly new interactions. They dont have a strong foundation. It'll be interesting to see where Hickman goes with them as their relationship status isnt set in stone the way Jean's is with Nathan

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Nah, Jean rejected her when they met and they didnt see each other again till Excalibur 75. Jean got married, Rachel got lost in the time stream and they dont see each other again till Red Annual, last year. We can only assume they got to know each other a bit more off panel as they interacted at Kitty's wedding and Jean rescued her from Nova, but these are all fairly new interactions. They dont have a strong foundation. It'll be interesting to see where Hickman goes with them as their relationship status isnt set in stone the way Jean's is with Nathan

Excalibur #71
    Last edited by Shreene; 08-06-2019 at 07:00 PM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I liked this artist work on Jeen. It is a bit extreme and I don't think she would kill Magneto
    but the illustration is pretty.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B02VzHwB2rH/
    66295617_2305349996383520_44033178449746228_n.jpg
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 08-07-2019 at 05:11 AM. Reason: I was sleepy

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I liked this artist work on Jeen. It is a bit extreme and I don't think would kill Magneto
    but the illistrations is pretty.
    Jeez...

It almost feels like Magneto got added after Jeen was finished.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I liked this artist work on Jeen. It is a bit extreme and I don't think she would kill Magneto
    but the illustration is pretty.
    I dont see any blood so maybe it was a Danger Room bot. Nice image though

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    I just wanna see Jean and Rachel go get milkshakes and talk about EVERYTHING.

Nobody else around just them. I'd read an entire issue of just that.
    Also, lest we forget, Jeen also kept Rachel at arms length and never had any form of interaction with her unless it was work related or about the Phoenix Force. I would think once those memories returned to her as an adult she would have made more of an effort to find Rachel before Disassembled sidetracked everyone, given all the Rachel sacrificed to ensure she and Scott could raise Nathan.

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post

Excalibur #71
    That's one of my favorite scenes with them ever. It was one of the reasons I started to enjoy Jean as a character as my first comic was Uncanny Annual 14.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Though maybe her tapping into the Phoenix force was achieving that power level. Or maybe we saw Jeen with pink form achieve that level. She´s gone as far as to take out the Imperial Guard and take down Galacticus.
    But tapping into the Phoenix force is once again Jean getting a power boost from an outside force. I would love it if it could be herself, her own doing.
    The pink form is a favorite of mine. I wish that Jean could be as amazing with her powers as Jeen was when Bendis wrote her.

BANNED

If not for Rachel, Nathan would have died. Rachel as the Mother Askani pulled Jean and Scott into the future to raise Nathan and stop Apocalypse. That so heavily impacted Jean at Rachel’s request she took on the name Phoenix again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    Sure. But it also doesn't mean that they should automatically act like if they are relatives. There is nothing mandatory in their relationship (or lake of) contrary to what some readers want to make it. Their relationship is the one that developed after knowing each others.

Jean has a different kind of bond with Nathan because she raised him since he was a baby and spend many years as a real family with him and Scott. She only knew Rachel as an adult and didn't spent that much time with her outside of "work".
    Nathan would have been dead not for Rachel. His old sister is a huge part of his life and that meant so much to Jean she took on the codename Phoenix in Rachel’s honor. As the Mother Askani Rachel is a religious icon to Nathan.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    But tapping into the Phoenix force is once again Jean getting a power boost from an outside force. I would love it if it could be herself, her own doing.
    The pink form is a favorite of mine. I wish that Jean could be as amazing with her powers as Jeen was when Bendis wrote her.
    We have to see what they have planned for her moving forward. The XMen are being reimagined obviously.

Rachel already has her Phoenix powers back after meeting the ghost of her Mother Askani self. At some point they’ll probably just give Jean back her Phoenix power too.

What a nice way to explore Jean and Rachel’s relationship. They both have a connection to the Phoenix no one else does.

Rachel already has her Phoenix powers back after meeting the ghost of her Mother Askani self. At some point they’ll probably just give Jean back her Phoenix power too.

What a nice way to explore Jean and Rachel’s relationship. They both have a connection to the Phoenix no one else does.
    No she doesnt. X-Force made it clear that it isnt Phoenix

BANNED

No she doesnt. X-Force made it clear that it isnt Phoenix
    Rachel is speaking in Phoenix voice bubbles and using Phoenix life fire. She may not be hosting the force, but she is USING Phoenix powers and XForce did not state that she isnt.

BANNED

Rachel is speaking in Phoenix voice bubbles and using Phoenix life fire. She may not be hosting the force, but she is USING Phoenix powers and XForce did not state that she isnt.
    I want to read that issue of X-Force -- which issue is it?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    I want to read that issue of X-Force -- which issue is it?
    9 and 10

10chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar
    "Cable was right!"