Page 348 of 626 FirstFirst ... 248298338344345346347348349350351352358398448 ... LastLast
Results 5,206 to 5,220 of 9381
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

It always was dumb to me that Morrison/Quesada/Marvel killed and wanted to keep Jean dead of all people. Phoenix (that's Jean's codename to me) a character named after an immortal creature, famous for comming back from the death.
    It made no sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    It always was dumb to me that Morrison/Quesada/Marvel killed and wanted to keep Jean dead of all people. Phoenix (that's Jean's codename to me) a character named after an immortal creature, famous for comming back from the death.
    It made no sense to me.
    They ended up screwing the franchise for pure pettyness.

Jean dying because of not magneto xorn when she was with Phoenix was laughable. Good for Morrison that he can't do not wrong even when he writes no-sense like this

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post

Jean dying because of not magneto xorn when she was with Phoenix was laughable. Good for Morrison that he can't do not wrong even when he writes no-sense like this
    I love how you blame Morrison when it was clearly Joe Quesada who wanted Jean to die and Scott to be with Emma because of his own marital problems.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I love how you blame Morrison when it was clearly Joe Quesada who wanted Jean to die and Scott to be with Emma because of his own marital problems.
    Morrison wanted the same, so he is to blame. He gave the idea and did the execution, he did the dirt work.

Regardless of what Morrison wrote, he left. Marvel swiftly retconned and backpedlled on a good chunk of the stuff he wrote but that. Its on them for why Jean was kept dead 14 years after Morrison had left the company

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Regardless of what Morrison wrote, he left. Marvel swiftly retconned and backpedlled on a good chunk of the stuff he wrote but that. Its on them for why Jean was kept dead 14 years after Morrison had left the company
    Has it ever been explained as to whose head Logan cut off after Xorneto killed Jean?

Last edited by Shreene; 08-09-2019 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    Has it ever been explained as to whose head Logan cut off after Xorneto killed Jean?

Kuan-Yin Xorn, who was infected by Sublime and high out of his mind on Kick.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Kuan-Yin Xorn, who was infected by Sublime and high out of his mind on Kick.
    Kuan-Yin Xorn who magically happened to look just like Erik Lehnsherr when the hood came off?

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Kuan-Yin Xorn who magically happened to look just like Erik Lehnsherr when the hood came off?
    Yes, it was so bad it was retconned as soon as possible and everybody acts like it didn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    What was the circumstances behind his departure anyway? When he left, there were two more issues of New X-Men done by the creative team who would do the adjectiveless relaunch. So clearly he left suddenly, if the next writer had to wrap his run up. Another symptom of the sudden change of plans is that New Mutants advertised a new arc as starting in issue 14... but it ended at issue 13. The advertised arc still happened, starting in New X-Men: Academy X #1, which had the same creative team. It seems that they decided to rename that book, and change the creative teams on the others, all probably due to Morrison's exit.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 08-10-2019 at 12:58 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    What was the circumstances behind his departure anyway? When he left, there were two more issues of New X-Men done by the creative team who would do the adjectiveless relaunch. So clearly he left suddenly, if the next writer had to wrap his run up. Another symptom of the sudden change of plans is that New Mutants advertised a new arc as starting in issue 14... but it ended at issue 13. The advertised arc still happened, starting in New X-Men: Academy X #1, which had the same creative team. It seems that they decided to rename that book, and change the creative teams on the others, all probably due to Morrison's exit.
    He left to write Batman and Superman when the editor on x-books went to work for DC. it was a exclusive contract. He also said editorial was interfering on his run, so he left. It looks like it was a quick exit. I guess editors wanted him to retcon Xorn as being Magneto impersonator and maybe other things that we doesn't know.
    And where magneto was whe all this happened?

Marvel was quick to recover Magneto, to show where their priorities were. Jean was a female character so whatever...
    Last edited by spirit2011; 08-10-2019 at 01:56 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    They kept Jean dead because a lot of senior people at Marvel think bringing Jean back after the DPS was a mistake.

BANNED

He left to write Batman and Superman when the editor on x-books went to work for DC. it was a exclusive contract. He also said editorial was interfering on his run, so he left. It looks like it was a quick exit. I guess editors wanted him to retcon Xorn as being Magneto impersonator and maybe other things that we doesn't know.

And where magneto was whe all this happened?
    I believe He was hiding out on Genosha... Or was that Lorna?

Marvel was quick to recover Magneto, to show where their priorities were. Jean was a female character so whatever...
    QFT!

I believe He was hiding out on Genosha... Or was that Lorna?
    Genosha was destroyed by a attack, Polaris was there because she went crazy and the x-men rescued her.

IDK where Magneto was but it was crappy how they wrote it. He as alive and let his daughter go crazy?

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

IDK where Magneto was but it was crappy how they wrote it. He as alive and let his daughter go crazy?
    Official reasoning is that he was alive, sensed the attack the night before, and fled. And that's from Claremont.

So... I guess Magneto is a coward.

Frankly, I prefer the theory that Magneto WAS the Xorn that killed Jean and that after he died, in her grief, Wanda created a new one.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey