Page 350 of 626 FirstFirst ... 250300340346347348349350351352353354360400450 ... LastLast
Results 5,236 to 5,250 of 9381

I think that the costume is trying to evoke Jean before coming into contact with the Phoenix.

But aesthetically it is ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I think that the costume is trying to evoke Jean before coming into contact with the Phoenix.

But aesthetically it is ugly.
    I don't think this story if going to have anything to do with phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I don't think this story if going to have anything to do with phoenix
    Precisely for that. I think Marvel Girl can try to represent what Jean looked like before the entire Phoenix baggage. Like, this is a "pure Jean".

But is ugly and outdated.

Precisely for that. I think Marvel Girl can try to represent what Jean looked like before the entire Phoenix baggage. Like, this is a "pure Jean".

But is ugly and outdated.
    But why would Hickman do that, unless the timeline from HOX Jean was never in contact to phoenix. I really have no idea what Hickman thinks he is doing with jean

But why would Hickman do that, unless the timeline from HOX Jean was never in contact to phoenix. I really have no idea what Hickman thinks he is doing with jean
    Precisely to follow what started in X-Men Red of "Jean does not need the Phoenix to be omega, the fire bird does not define her."

That is what I think he intends.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

I wouldn't be surprised if Hickman is reading this discussion about Jean's uniforms and having a good laugh- either because he'll reveal a genuine story reason, or the reason was exactly this one.

Precisely to follow what started in X-Men Red of "Jean does not need the Phoenix to be omega, the fire bird does not define her."

That is what I think he intends.
    She doesn't need to use the dress costume for that, Red costume could be good enough for it.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I don't think there is any story reason for the Marvel Girl costume. They just chose it, i don't believe there is any hidden agenda. Cyclops and Wolverine are also using old costumes with some little changes. They just didn't change Jean's at all and chose the old costume, that's it.

I hope Jean keeps using her Marvel Girl costume, I just love it plus the constant complaining is getting tiresome.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I don't think there is any story reason for the Marvel Girl costume. They just chose it, i don't believe there is any hidden agenda. Cyclops and Wolverine are also using old costumes with some little changes. They just didn't change Jean's at all and chose the old costume, that's it.
    I think that the fact that Cyclops and Wolverine are wearing their Revolutionary / X-Force costumes but with heroic colors is also quite symbolic. Just as Magneto is wearing his revolutionary costume fused with the classic. I think all these decisions are deliberate.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I think that the fact that Cyclops and Wolverine are wearing their Revolutionary / X-Force costumes but with heroic colors is also quite symbolic. Just as Magneto is wearing his revolutionary costume fused with the classic. I think all these decisions are deliberate.
    Maybe you're right, I honestly didn't think about it too much.
    those look like heroic colors but after everything that has been revealed those seem more like miss directions.

bc it rerpesents Jean when she was at her weakest and most subservient to Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    That makes no sense bc as Spirit says, Storm is wearing her Red costume. I dont see how costume change shows a passage of time. That was evident in the book from Hickman's narration that time has passed Jean going back to an ancient costume doesnt evoke that
    I'm just reporting what the artist said on instagram. I think it can work showing change because so far we haven't had a focus on Storm. She was just briefly shown. Scott, Jean, Wolverine, and Magneto are all in different (or in some cases old) costumes than they were in Uncanny and Age of X-man.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    bc it rerpesents Jean when she was at her weakest and most subservient to Xavier
    He has made her explicitly more powerful than Xavier. She is a telepath more powerful than him and also has telekinesis.

He has made her explicitly more powerful than Xavier. She is a telepath more powerful than him and also has telekinesis.
    My guess is that Hickman himself did not like the X-men Red costume, but that is just a guess. All we can do is guess right now. I wish Jean was in a new costume and one that would rival her Phoenix costumes. Seeing Jean in such an old and weird costume is strange. Jean needs to be ready for battle. I do like Jean in green and yellow though. It is better than being in the blue/red costume. I really disliked the X-men Red costume but it did start to grow on me.