Page 353 of 626 FirstFirst ... 253303343349350351352353354355356357363403453 ... LastLast
Results 5,281 to 5,295 of 9381
    BANNED

Because, WallStreeter mentioned her in his/her last post?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    just like you said she'd be Phoenix in time for the Dark Phoenix movie?

Oop. Well...

I don't think Jean will ever be Phoenix for a long time

Fantastic Member

One can hope.

As a more casual Jean fan, I have to say I am enjoying her more than the last few years before Morrison killed her off.

I feel like she has personality and nuance. I can understand why so many X-Men care so deeply about her, where before she died and was all Phoenixed up, she came across as very robotic and monotone to me.

They've expanded her circle of interaction so that she has relationships with Nightcrawler, Tony Stark, Steve Rogers, Namor and Carol Danvers, these are characters I don't recall her interacting to heavily with, in the past.

Without the Phoenix, the writers seem to feel they are able to do more with the character, not to mention her life expectancy increases.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPlay25 View Post
    One can hope.

As a more casual Jean fan, I have to say I am enjoying her more than the last few years before Morrison killed her off.

I feel like she has personality and nuance. I can understand why so many X-Men care so deeply about her, where before she died and was all Phoenixed up, she came across as very robotic and monotone to me.

They've expanded her circle of interaction so that she has relationships with Nightcrawler, Tony Stark, Steve Rogers, Namor and Carol Danvers, these are characters I don't recall her interacting to heavily with, in the past.

Without the Phoenix, the writers seem to feel they are able to do more with the character, not to mention her life expectancy increases.
    Jean last dead had little to do with Phoenix, it was more of a plot device to the crap story Morrison was doing.

Yep, I think Jean was too distant and robotic on Morrison run, I feel like most of x-men were

The thing is that without Phoenix writers have aeasy job to put Jean on the background

Too bad X-men will be a more closed franchise, would love to see Jean interacting more with Avengers.
    X-men Apocalypse. Jean liked what she saw

BANNED

I did say if the movie did well, I thought sheŽd be Phoenix. It spectactularly bombed. So yes, we wonŽt see Jean as Phoenix or as anything center stage this year problably. SheŽs a member of two teams, but I donŽt think weŽll see her as Phoenix this year.

I do think Phoenix/Jean will be reintroduced in the MCU, but certain stories reconceptualizing the XMen are obviously going to take place first.

And as Jean is in the background for now, the Marvel Girl outfit is perfectly fine. I like it better than XMen Red.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPlay25 View Post
    One can hope.

ThereŽs a lot under the right condition the writers can do with her as Phoenix. But the XMen are being rebooted. IŽm not so sure that her Avengers relationships are going to last. It seems like initially they are going to focus on her family relationships. JeanŽs relationship with Scott and their two children. I donŽt see any relationship with any Avenger lasting, considering what the XMen are doing with Krakoa. Plus the Avengers failed to stand up for mutants while the XMen were believed dead.

I can even see in the future Marvel having Jean become Phoenix again and them doing Avengers vs XMen all over again and making it the basis for a MCU movie. Years down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I did say if the movie did well, I thought sheŽd be Phoenix. It spectactularly bombed. So yes, we wonŽt see Jean as Phoenix or as anything center stage this year problably. SheŽs a member of two teams, but I donŽt think weŽll see her as Phoenix this year.

I do think Phoenix/Jean will be reintroduced in the MCU, but certain stories reconceptualizing the XMen are obviously going to take place first.

And as Jean is in the background for now, the Marvel Girl outfit is perfectly fine. I like it better than XMen Red.
    nah you said she'd be Phoenix in time for the film as a cross-promo thing, as was done with Apocalypse Wars. Marvel writes their books months in advance and wouldnt have knowledge of DP's performance to plan you are now proposing.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

I still dont see how that makes any sense. How does going back to an old costume show passage of time? A new costume is more effective at doing that. Storm was shown briefly but the Cuckoos werent and they were in their ResurrXion costumes. Scott got more focus than Jean and he is a new costume. Anyone looking at Jean isnt going to assume there's been a time jump. She's confusing and upon the first promo pic, people assumed she in the Marvel Girl costume was going to be a flashback

Jean's always been more powerful than Xavier (well at least since the 90s). He is more skillfull and experience and has the means to control her. We saw him own her in the AXM Annual and he has a massive Cerebro unit attached to his head at all times. I dont think Jean is breaching any psychic defenses he has up
    Its so disappointing how Jean has never been allowed to step out of Xavier's shadow in regards to her powers, call me a fan but Jean should be more experienced as a telepath. She hasn't been a student for years, Xavier or anyone shouldn't be able to casually wipe her mind yet since she's been back her telepathy is continuously downplayed!

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post

I wouldn't count it out, Hickman seem to have big plans and we still don't know what's the situation with the mutant in Powers of X that live in Shiar space. I'm not saying there's a correlation but if anyone would pick up potential story opportunities it would be Hickman. Be intriguing if Jean or her descendants were being worshipped in Shiar space due to their relationship to the PF.
    Last edited by Celestialbodies; 08-16-2019 at 10:17 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm in the camp that believes (and I sincerely hope) HiX-Man will not be attaching the PF to Jean any time soon, if at all.
    As a plot point...the PF really only makes Jean stronger, more adept at using her powers which, going by her current Omega status, makes the PF unnecessary.
    As a plot point...It may very well have run it's course, which culminated in Morrison's run with the Here Comes Tomorrow arc.
    I would love to see Jean really push and develop her powers without the PF's assistance.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Another variant with Jean on it

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post

I love how that costume has elements of her 90s costume while maintaining the iconic training suit look. If they had to give Jean a classic look, this would have been a better alternative than the MG which literally has no modern upgrades

That costume looks great! I think it's a better update of the '90s costume than the Red one actually?

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Another variant with Jean on it
    After seeing this variant, I wish she were wearing this costume rather than the MG mini-skirt. Love how it combines elements of her 90s costume and the standard X-Men training uniform, such a great look on her, this outfit deserves actual panel time rather than just an appearance on a variant cover.