Page 366 of 626 FirstFirst ... 266316356362363364365366367368369370376416466 ... LastLast
Results 5,476 to 5,490 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    Well said. I was just about to say something similar. The same barely readable obsessive posts in multiple threads about a story from 15 years ago is beyond tedious. Imagine still arguing about Jean/Emma/Scott/Morrison in 2019.

The same posters keep feeding him, and they need to stop too. Why feed into someone who is clearly highly biased and obsessed? You're not going to change his mind as this clearly goes beyond the norm. Do the rest of us a favour and stop engaging, or report him to the mods.
    I engage because that is what we do on debate/discussion boards. I don't see how you can report someone to a mod for being wrong or for saying untrue things. Those that engage do so not in hopes of changing someone's mind but by correcting the constant misinformation. I try to counter the haters with evidence straight from GM's run. He did so much for Scott and Jean and the evidence is in the books themselves.

The Jean Grey fandom is diverse in thought in a way.. you have the Jean Grey fans, the Jean as Phoenix fans, and yes we have the shipper fans who love Scott and Jean together and prefer Jean in the wife/gf/suppor character to Cyclops role. All of these have been part of the online Jean Grey fandom since I can remember..

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Wasn't there also a green variant on the Reload costume? I can't remember if it ever got used inside an issue. Either way it's an underrated lewk
    Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    THAT Return of Claremont era was titled “Revolution”. Reload came later, around the time of Whedon.
    I don’t recall a green variant, but I’ll google a bit. Jean's look was unique in that people actually recall it and liked it. Everyone else looked terrible... except Storm. Her look was ok too.
    It only appeared on this variant cover

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    I don’t recall a green variant, but I’ll google a bit. Jean's look was unique in that people actually recall it and liked it. Everyone else looked terrible... except Storm. Her look was ok too.
    You're right, it was Revolution, I misspoke. Anyway I could swear a green variant turned up at least in the original solicits, but perhaps when it went to print there was only the red. I remember liking a lot of the uniforms in that era, actually, including Ororo's. (And the very unpopular full-cowl-and-goggles Beast look)

ETA: There you go, above. Pity they didn't try both.

BANNED

I own that issue and i never noticed it was green before lol

Also did they ever address Nate wearing Scott's visor on panel?

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    I own that issue and i never noticed it was green before lol

Also did they ever address Nate wearing Scott's visor on panel?
    I dont think so but it was clearly an homage to his father. In his series, they did a recap of the last 6 months and said he joined the X-men to honor Scott's memories and he has the visor so we can deduce that its related (which it was)

BANNED

One of the rare periods I fully enjoyed Cable as a character.

I love love love that historical graphic depicting Jean's aesthetic progression over time. Super rad.

Also love the other artist's work, depicting (what I choose to believe) the evolution of hair. haha.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It only appeared on this variant cover

HOLY SMOKES every single one of those outfits are terrible!!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Eh. They look better in the interior art especially Jean's.

Storm looks like Mantra from Malibu Comics. Someone was slipping.
    "Cable was right!"

Raney, Kubert, and Yu are NOT good designers.

I loved them!

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

The others were too needessly complicated. The only one savable was the one Jean was using
    __fbg.jpg
    __ytdi.jpg
    tumblr_p55k5bAw1I1v2rhf9o2_500.jpg

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    The others were too needessly complicated. The only one savable was the one Jean was using
    __fbg.jpg
    __ytdi.jpg
    tumblr_p55k5bAw1I1v2rhf9o2_500.jpg
    How much I love the last image! Jean just using her OP TP manifesting a Phoenix.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhoenix View Post
    How much I love the last image! Jean just using her OP TP manifesting a Phoenix.
    Yes, it was nice.

If i remember correctly Jean didn't have her TK on this run and she had to use her TP skills to use Cable's damaged TK to do some things. I think that should count as an interesting feat, I don't believe that should be easy.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 08-19-2019 at 08:53 AM. Reason: tons of errors

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Yes, it was nice.

If i remember correctly Jean didn't have her TK on this run and he had to use her TP skills to uses Cable's damaged TK to do somethings. I think that should count as an interesting feat, I don't believe that should be easy.
    Indeed. In the first Image we can see that she can manifesting the Phoenix Raptor to deal damage both psychic and physical damage. Jean seemed OP even without TK.