Page 372 of 597 FirstFirst ... 272322362368369370371372373374375376382422472 ... LastLast
Results 5,566 to 5,580 of 8943
  1. #5566
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    15,840

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Well, either way the point is she's back now and slated to be very featured, so you'll get your full '90s dose of Queen Jean for the foreseeable future. Enjoy it, it'll likely be a lot better written than the last time she came back from the dead and became the cloying Nancy Reagan of mutantkind.
    Okay and we will when that happens. I really dont see the point in coming in here and acting condescending bc Jean fans wish there was more of her these days. The original comment that prompted this discussion was in regards to missing her due to her not being featured right now and thats not a false statement bc we aren't seeing her yet. The main topic of discussion for a while now has been her costume bc theres literally been not much else
    Last edited by Havok83; 08-23-2019 at 11:39 AM.

  2. #5567

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Rosenberg really made the fans wait till the very end for her return
    Umm, are you talking about the issues after Decimation? Jean and everyone else were trapped in the alternate reality and everyone showed up together in the last issue of Uncanny.

    I think Jean's going to be fine, she is going to be a core member of X-Force. I kind of hate that they are probably going to start up the whole Jean, Scott, Logan thing with having Jean on the same team as Logan, I hope it doesn't end up dominating the book. Maybe I'll be surprised and Jean starts dating Sage and we can avoid the relationship triangle for a while. I think Jean is going to be a featured player on X-Force and she will be recurring on X-Men. If they pursue the relationship with Jean and Scott then she will probably show up on X-Men quite often when they are back at base. But then you have Cable and Rachel both active at the same time for once too, and it's pretty obvious that they are being emphasized as "the kids" so I expect we will see some interaction between Jean and her kids as well as Jean and Scott. I get the feeling that the Summers/Grey family are going to be the "first family" of the X-Men, I kind of wonder if Cable and Rachel actually don't return from the future until the first issue of X-Men and it ends up they aren't in HoX/PoX at all.

    Anyway, I wouldn't worry about Jean, I think she is going to be one of the stars of the X-Men going forward. But please please get her a new uniform, I want Jean to be a bit more grown up, wearing that mini she wore as a teenager just doesn't feel right.

  3. #5568
    Astonishing Member powerpax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    2,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    LOL bitter too much dude?
    Not really, no. Jean's much more tolerable now than she was in the 1990s and she's had enough of a break for me. What annoys me is people acting like Jean being out of action for a few months just like everyone else is unacceptable. On her worst day Jean has had a hundred times the exposure of countless other X-Men.

  4. #5569
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    15,840

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Umm, are you talking about the issues after Decimation? Jean and everyone else were trapped in the alternate reality and everyone showed up together in the last issue of Uncanny.

    I think Jean's going to be fine, she is going to be a core member of X-Force. I kind of hate that they are probably going to start up the whole Jean, Scott, Logan thing with having Jean on the same team as Logan, I hope it doesn't end up dominating the book. Maybe I'll be surprised and Jean starts dating Sage and we can avoid the relationship triangle for a while. I think Jean is going to be a featured player on X-Force and she will be recurring on X-Men. If they pursue the relationship with Jean and Scott then she will probably show up on X-Men quite often when they are back at base. But then you have Cable and Rachel both active at the same time for once too, and it's pretty obvious that they are being emphasized as "the kids" so I expect we will see some interaction between Jean and her kids as well as Jean and Scott. I get the feeling that the Summers/Grey family are going to be the "first family" of the X-Men, I kind of wonder if Cable and Rachel actually don't return from the future until the first issue of X-Men and it ends up they aren't in HoX/PoX at all.

    Anyway, I wouldn't worry about Jean, I think she is going to be one of the stars of the X-Men going forward. But please please get her a new uniform, I want Jean to be a bit more grown up, wearing that mini she wore as a teenager just doesn't feel right.
    Disassembled. DeciMation was a 2006 story. Anyways he was talking about Resurrection. It was 4 issues of the X-men running around looking for Jean and only in the last issue did she get her memories back, agency and was the focus

  5. #5570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Not really, no. Jean's much more tolerable now than she was in the 1990s and she's had enough of a break for me. What annoys me is people acting like Jean being out of action for a few months just like everyone else is unacceptable. On her worst day Jean has had a hundred times the exposure of countless other X-Men.
    I think everyone is a bit tense because the X-Men as a whole have been a serious hot mess since IvX and even going back further to AvX. On the other side of the coin Jean was gone an insanely long time and that really upsets a lot of her fans. Uncanny and AoXM in the last few months were a horrible mess and everyone was poorly written. After X-Men Red, Extermination, and Disassembled people were upset when Jean had all of her agency stripped away and ended up a puppet of Nate Grey like everyone else. Of course she was in no different a straight than any of the other characters they were all puppets of Nate Grey in the end. Then you had the Uncanny side of things that was so horribly depressing it was exhausting to read. I know Rosenberg thought he was super clever killing so many characters, but the whole run just made me sad and depressed and I hated reading it.

    This is what is making everyone so upset, the whole X-line has been badly written for a while and it's making everyone feel a bit sensitive about whether the future is going to be better or not. Like you I am finding the current event amazing, and to me that's an indication that the characters like Jean are going to get some better writing and more consistent storyline going forward. I think Jean is going to be a big part of the end of HoX/PoX and an even bigger part of Dawn of X.

  6. #5571
    Astonishing Member powerpax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    2,122

    Default

    No, I totally understand that. I just have never been a fan who only focuses on one or a handful of characters - it's about the larger line for me. I had intense antipathy towards Jean in the old days (Maddy, etc.) but for me it's bygones now; she was dead for years and has been written better, and the spotlight has been shared since those days. That said, Jean remains incredibly central to the entire franchise, so I only have so much time for the take that she's being treated unfairly getting a few issues off after having her return promoted like the second coming. Either way, I can like Emma and not pit her against Jean, I can give Jean a fresh start as of XM Red and not pit her against Emma. And on and on. It's not against fan law.

    And look at it this way: Jean got lucky, she got to sit out the Inhumans.

  7. #5572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Give me a break - she had an entire team book devoted to her leadership. There was also a massive promotional push for her return. She's very central again, she just happened to come back shortly before a pointless AU crossover and a line-wide revamp. They still found time to give her her own team. And you'll be back to having all the Jean Grey month to month you can handle very shortly.

    You mean Xmen Red the only title she was featured in for months while many of those in her cast were appearing across multiple books? Or the promotion she received after 14 years, the same of which Xavier, Logan, and Cyke received? Outside of Red she's had no consistency and has appeared in rather minor roles to the overall narrative. And while you may have the luxury of hypotheticals I'll wait and see..

  8. #5573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    No, I totally understand that. I just have never been a fan who only focuses on one or a handful of characters - it's about the larger line for me. I had intense antipathy towards Jean in the old days (Maddy, etc.) but for me it's bygones now; she was dead for years and has been written better, and the spotlight has been shared since those days. That said, Jean remains incredibly central to the entire franchise, so I only have so much time for the take that she's being treated unfairly getting a few issues off after having her return promoted like the second coming. Either way, I can like Emma and not pit her against Jean, I can give Jean a fresh start as of XM Red and not pit her against Emma. And on and on. It's not against fan law.

    And look at it this way: Jean got lucky, she got to sit out the Inhumans.
    Yeah seriously, thank the goddess she didn't have to go anywhere near the IvX mess. As for me, I am really happy that they aren't sidelining any of the psi characters in favor of others for once. For the first time in ages Jean, Emma, Rachel, and Elizabeth are all active in the books at the same time. I am team telepath all the way, maybe I'll get a DoX mini in phase 2 where Jean, Emma, Rachel, and Betsy all go on a mission together and save the world as the best team ever!

  9. #5574
    Astonishing Member PsychoEFrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    4,760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    You mean Xmen Red the only title she was featured in for months while many of those in her cast were appearing across multiple books? Or the promotion she received after 14 years, the same of which Xavier, Logan, and Cyke received? Outside of Red she's had no consistency and has appeared in rather minor roles to the overall narrative. And while you may have the luxury of hypotheticals I'll wait and see..
    Bull. Charles and Scott combined received less than a quarter of what Jean got. Wolverine got more, but that's because he's Wolverine.

    Jean got the Jeen solo, she was the leader of all of the O5 adventures, then got the event solo, then Red which was a Jean solo disguised as a team book, plus the Ahab event.

    No, she was not front and center on 21 different books at once. She doesn't have Wolverine's secondary mutation that allows him to be in 21 separate places at the exact same time like some kind of a literary Schrodinger's Cat.
    "It is the truest mark of heroism: to give your life aware that those you save will never know."

  10. #5575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Bull. Charles and Scott combined received less than a quarter of what Jean got. Wolverine got more, but that's because he's Wolverine.

    Jean got the Jeen solo, she was the leader of all of the O5 adventures, then got the event solo, then Red which was a Jean solo disguised as a team book, plus the Ahab event.

    No, she was not front and center on 21 different books at once. She doesn't have Wolverine's secondary mutation that allows him to be in 21 separate places at the exact same time like some kind of a literary Schrodinger's Cat.
    I wonder where Logan got that mysterious mutant ability, it's like instantaneous teleportation and he can exist simultaneously at multiple locations at the same time. He exists completely outside the laws of time and space. I wonder if he ever sleeps?

  11. #5576
    Astonishing Member powerpax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    2,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    And while you may have the luxury of hypotheticals I'll wait and see..
    The extreme hypothetical that Jean Grey will remain central to the X-Men franchise when they didn't even stop talking about her in the books or using her in other media when she was dead for almost 15 years (not counting her teen counterpart)? Yes, I'd like to bet my money now on this steep wager.

  12. #5577
    Astonishing Member PsychoEFrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    4,760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I wonder where Logan got that mysterious mutant ability, it's like instantaneous teleportation and he can exist simultaneously at multiple locations at the same time. He exists completely outside the laws of time and space. I wonder if he ever sleeps?
    Same place Gwenpool got hers?

    On a different note: After months and months of grinding for FRACKING BS CCFS!!!!!... I got Jean to Tier-3 in Future Fight today

    Just in time for her (AND EMMA) to be banned for the week in PvP. God damnit.
    "It is the truest mark of heroism: to give your life aware that those you save will never know."

  13. #5578

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Same place Gwenpool got hers?

    On a different note: After months and months of grinding for FRACKING BS CCFS!!!!!... I got Jean to Tier-3 in Future Fight today

    Just in time for her (AND EMMA) to be banned for the week in PvP. God damnit.
    lol what did you do to get banned? Oh you meant Emma and Jean were banned from the PvP week. That would have been awesome using them together on your team.

  14. #5579
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    15,840

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Same place Gwenpool got hers?

    On a different note: After months and months of grinding for FRACKING BS CCFS!!!!!... I got Jean to Tier-3 in Future Fight today

    Just in time for her (AND EMMA) to be banned for the week in PvP. God damnit.
    Congrats. I dont even know how people get enough bios to upgrade T3s. The requirements are ridiculous even for a LVL 60 Jean and she isnt the only one I have to worry about rasing

    FYI, Im glad to hear Jean is banned bc I hate fighting her. She is too OP and broken. Ive managed to beat her with T2 Antman but thats only if she's at most LVL 64

  15. #5580

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Bull. Charles and Scott combined received less than a quarter of what Jean got. Wolverine got more, but that's because he's Wolverine.

    Jean got the Jeen solo, she was the leader of all of the O5 adventures, then got the event solo, then Red which was a Jean solo disguised as a team book, plus the Ahab event.

    No, she was not front and center on 21 different books at once. She doesn't have Wolverine's secondary mutation that allows him to be in 21 separate places at the exact same time like some kind of a literary Schrodinger's Cat.
    ...They were also gone for less time, each received books detailing their complete returns and continued adventures across various writers and also were in Cyke's case the singular voice for mutantdom for years.

    I'm confused by your second points while Jeen/Jean are the same person, one returned in 2012 the other the end of 2017. Jeen was also the ONLY version of Jean for years while Cyke, Iceman, Beast, and Angel had multiple versions running around simultaneously. But that still has NOTHING to do with Adult Jean development which outside of Red has been minimal. The Arab event had her mostly passive until literally the final issue.


    The point I and presumably others were making is she has yet to have a consistent voice, depending on the writer she's been mostly reactive, but unlike her contemporaries she doesn't have the luxury of being around and appearing in multiple books to have had a developed voice. And please save the condescending tone, Emma fans lost their minds collective not a handful of months because she was ACTUALLY appearing in multiple books across the Marvel-verse. But because she wasn't the reigning queen of the Xmen anymore and appearing in 5 X-Books a month they lost it..

    Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    The extreme hypothetical that Jean Grey will remain central to the X-Men franchise when they didn't even stop talking about her in the books or using her in other media when she was dead for almost 15 years (not counting her teen counterpart)? Yes, I'd like to bet my money now on this steep wager.

    Yes, and for many of those years Marvel, and their writers, and editor as well as characters in comic spent YEARS disparaging her legacies. It wasn't until they got nostalgic they bought in the teenage version. It barely been two years since her return how about the books actually reflect that what you and what a few others assume will automatically happen.
    Last edited by Celestialbodies; 08-23-2019 at 12:29 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •