Page 373 of 626 FirstFirst ... 273323363369370371372373374375376377383423473 ... LastLast
Results 5,581 to 5,595 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Bull. Charles and Scott combined received less than a quarter of what Jean got. Wolverine got more, but that's because he's Wolverine.

Jean got the Jeen solo, she was the leader of all of the O5 adventures, then got the event solo, then Red which was a Jean solo disguised as a team book, plus the Ahab event.

No, she was not front and center on 21 different books at once. She doesn't have Wolverine's secondary mutation that allows him to be in 21 separate places at the exact same time like some kind of a literary Schrodinger's Cat.
    Scott got 11 issues of uncanny and leading the x-men with Hickman. that is already more than Jean

Charles got astonishing x-men 12 issues, + 1 annual and hoxpox

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Scott got 11 issues of uncanny and leading the x-men with Hickman. that is already more than Jean

He also got the Annual and War of the Realms: Uncanny X-men 1-3

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    You mean Xmen Red the only title she was featured in for months while many of those in her cast were appearing across multiple books? Or the promotion she received after 14 years, the same of which Xavier, Logan, and Cyke received? Outside of Red she's had no consistency and has appeared in rather minor roles to the overall narrative. And while you may have the luxury of hypotheticals I'll wait and see..
    The writing has been very meh outside of dissassembled last issue and Red book.
    Yes, and for many of those years Marvel, and their writers, and editor as well as characters in comic spent YEARS disparaging her legacies. It wasn't until they got nostalgic they bought in the teenage version. It barely been two years since her return how about the books actually reflect that what you and what a few others assume will automatically happen.
    More like Bendis got to write x-men and Jean was one of his favorite x-men, and a pitch of teen O5 was going on. Then Bendis used it to get Jean back in a way that editorial would let him.
    It caused more harm than good
    Last edited by spirit2011; 08-23-2019 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    He also got the Annual and War of the Realms: Uncanny X-men 1-3
    And?
    Wolverine appears more than Scott and is going to be on the same books than both of Jean and Scott.

Look for another scapegoat

Whether he was portrayed well enough or not, Scott did get the same number of issues in the spotlight as Jean, aka 11 on Uncanny. And he's the leader and only permanent character on the rotating cast of X-Men, the solicit even says "The Cyclops saga" or something.

And if you're counting the teens there was also the Tyke solo. And Hopeless' ANXM where he was the leader. And Champions.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Whether he was portrayed well enough or not, Scott did get the same number of issues in the spotlight as Jean, aka 11 on Uncanny. And he's the leader and only permanent character on the rotating cast of X-Men, the solicit even says "The Cyclops saga" or something.

And if you're counting the teens there was also the Tyke solo. And Hopeless' ANXM where he was the leader. And Champions.
    And Jeen didn't have a solo and didn't lead blue???

Quote Originally Posted by fsger View Post
    And?
    Wolverine appears more than Scott and is going to be on the same books than both of Jean and Scott.

Look for another scapegoat
    scapegoat? I said nothing negative about him

Quote Originally Posted by fsger View Post
    And Jeen didn't have a solo and didn't lead blue???
    ...It's hilarious that you're quoting me with that as my comment is exactly a response to PsychoEFrost mentioning those as an argument that Jean got a lot more than Scott. What I'm saying is that no she didn't, cause Scott has gotten a lot too. I'm not complaining about Scott, just pointing out that saying Jean has gotten a lot more focus and exposure than him is factually wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Congrats. I dont even know how people get enough bios to upgrade T3s. The requirements are ridiculous even for a LVL 60 Jean and she isnt the only one I have to worry about rasing

FYI, Im glad to hear Jean is banned bc I hate fighting her. She is too OP and broken. Ive managed to beat her with T2 Antman but thats only if she's at most LVL 64
    I can do Shadowland up to Floor 35, so that gives me enough Bios to get her to 70. It is definitely a grind though.

Jean is broken in PvP, but so is AoA Logan, Movie Thanos, Movie Quicksilver, and Movie Spider-Man so it evens out a bit. You can also throw Doctor Strange and Captain Marvel on the list if you want.

...Is hilarious that you're quoting me with that as my comment is exactly a response to PsychoEFrost mentioning those as an argument that Jean got a lot more than Scott. What I'm saying is that no she didn't, cause Scott has gotten a lot too. I'm not complaining about Scott, just pointing out that saying Jean has gotten a lot more focus and exposure than him is factually wrong.
    Oh, right.
    Just don't see the need to blame him, when there is a worst offender like Wolverine.

...Is hilarious that you're quoting me with that as my comment is exactly a response to PsychoEFrost mentioning those as an argument that Jean got a lot more than Scott. What I'm saying is that no she didn't, cause Scott has gotten a lot too. I'm not complaining about Scott, just pointing out that saying Jean has gotten a lot more focus and exposure than him is factually wrong.
    Except that is incorrect.

Over the last three years, Jean has gotten more exposure than any other character besides Wolverine. Scott got Uncanny 11-23, and is currently in Hickman's run as a mind control zombie. He also got the Uncanny mini that brought him back. In Blue he was a supporting character.

Jean got Jeen Grey solo, Blue as leader, Reserrection, Red as a solo, leader of Ahab event, Uncanny 1-10 as co-lead, and was the secondary main of the Charles annual.

So I'm not sure how you can claim 12 issues and a mini is equal to 2 solos, 3 full runs, 2 minis, and 10 issues of another run

...They were also gone for less time, each received books detailing their complete returns and continued adventures across various writers and also were in Cyke's case the singular voice for mutantdom for years.

I'm confused by your second points while Jeen/Jean are the same person, one returned in 2012 the other the end of 2017. Jeen was also the ONLY version of Jean for years while Cyke, Iceman, Beast, and Angel had multiple versions running around simultaneously. But that still has NOTHING to do with Adult Jean development which outside of Red has been minimal. The Arab event had her mostly passive until literally the final issue.

The point I and presumably others were making is she has yet to have a consistent voice, depending on the writer she's been mostly reactive, but unlike her contemporaries she doesn't have the luxury of being around and appearing in multiple books to have had a developed voice. And please save the condescending tone, Emma fans lost their minds collective not a handful of months because she was ACTUALLY appearing in multiple books across the Marvel-verse. But because she wasn't the reigning queen of the Xmen anymore and appearing in 5 X-Books a month they lost it..

Yes, and for many of those years Marvel, and their writers, and editor as well as characters in comic spent YEARS disparaging her legacies. It wasn't until they got nostalgic they bought in the teenage version. It barely been two years since her return how about the books actually reflect that what you and what a few others assume will automatically happen.
    When did that EVER happen with Emma? Over the last ten-fifteen years, the major complaint is Emma being written horribly.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I can do Shadowland up to Floor 35, so that gives me enough Bios to get her to 70. It is definitely a grind though.

Jean is broken in PvP, but so is AoA Logan, Movie Thanos, Movie Quicksilver, and Movie Spider-Man so it evens out a bit. You can also throw Doctor Strange and Captain Marvel on the list if you want.
    The furthest in SL that I got was 30 yesterday. I couldnt beat Daredevil but I'll try to save my Wolverine or Captain America

Cyclops being the leader was handled very poorly. They made him the lone voice for mutants. Characters with usually strong opinions like Magneto and Storm had to take a backseat. I hope we don't go back to that again, no matter who's leading.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Thank you!