Page 378 of 626 FirstFirst ... 278328368374375376377378379380381382388428478 ... LastLast
Results 5,656 to 5,670 of 9381
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    Hello all! One of my favorite feats of Jean is from the early Gold/Blue team era, when she transfers her psyche to the mind of Emma Frost. AFAIK she's the only X-telepath to do so without artificial means. Add to the fact that she just had her telepathy recently restored, she was critically injured from two Sentinel blasts, and she managed to bring her telekinesis with her to boot. This wouldn't be the first time Jean does something to surprise Xavier regarding her capabilities

Attachment 86127
    Don't say that too loud... Someone might think Emma is an active telekinetic too.

Hello all! One of my favorite feats of Jean is from the early Gold/Blue team era, when she transfers her psyche to the mind of Emma Frost. AFAIK she's the only X-telepath to do so without artificial means. Add to the fact that she just had her telepathy recently restored, she was critically injured from two Sentinel blasts, and she managed to bring her telekinesis with her to boot. This wouldn't be the first time Jean does something to surprise Xavier regarding her capabilities

Attachment 86127
    Welcome, Omega!

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    Don't say that too loud... Someone might think Emma is an active telekinetic too.
    For years, that was exactly the explanation of how Jean in Emma's body had Teleekinesis was explained. I never believed it though---to me, it was Jean's TK moved by her ubber-powerful mind. Also, Emma does not have TK abilities, and we are not about to give them to her now, lol!

They wish

Welcome, Omega!
    Thanks Phoenixx9!
    Last edited by Omega_DCD; 08-24-2019 at 04:33 PM.

Leah Williams stole a word I coined years ago! And, you mean they are genetically Emma, right?
    They were cloned from her eggs.

No one has ever said that. I guess asking Jean fans to not bash Emma every single possible chance they have is too much to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Welcome, Omega!

For years, that was exactly the explanation of how Jean in Emma's body had Teleekinesis was explained. I never believed it though---to me, it was Jean's TK moved by her ubber-powerful mind. Also, Emma does not have TK abilities, and we are not about to give them to her now, lol!
    Emma has previously shown to use extremely small amounts of TK when in times of distress, but it isn't something in her power set, nor should it be.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Emma has previously shown to use extremely small amounts of TK when in times of distress, but it isn't something in her power set, nor should it be.
    I know, but I totally discount those times.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    They aren't her biological kids, they are weapon X experiments with Emma DNA and a very possible male DNA donor
    They are her bio kids. They were created from her eggs. She didnt give birth to them but they were made directly from her.

In reading through most of this thread, it seems some are eager to discount Jean's previous connection to the Phoenix Force, downplaying it as generic cosmic steroids. Maybe for other hosts, afterall it can (unfortunately after countless retcons) inhabit anything to an extent...the Phoenix Five, a blade, a gun, a firefly.

But Jean is an Omega Level Mutant, and maybe times it's been stated that Jean as Phoenix represents the full extension of her abilities as a psi. Moreover, her empathic abilities set her apart and make her the ideal host, as shown with healing the M'Kraan crystal, and undoing the Here Comes Tomorrow timeline.

Prior to severing herself from the Phoenix at the end of Phoenix Resurrection, her power growth naturally vectors towards Phoenix manifestation. Her mutation allows her to tap into it and wield it. Post-retcon, the argument is "It's not her power...the Phoenix existed for ages, she didn't create it" etc. Well, given Jean's Omega potential and known genetic ability to tap into this force, why is this a strike against her? Magneto didn't create magnetism, do we discount his feats when he taps into planetary magnetospheres to draw on its power? Storm didn't create weather...same thing. Darkstar? Magic wielders?

20190824_195130.jpg

In reading through most of this thread, it seems some are eager to discount Jean's previous connection to the Phoenix Force, downplaying it as generic cosmic steroids. Maybe for other hosts, afterall it can (unfortunately after countless retcons) inhabit anything to an extent...the Phoenix Five, a blade, a gun, a firefly.

But Jean is an Omega Level Mutant, and maybe times it's been stated that Jean as Phoenix represents the full extension of her abilities as a psi. Moreover, her empathic abilities set her apart and make her the ideal host, as shown with healing the M'Kraan crystal, and undoing the Here Comes Tomorrow timeline.

Prior to severing herself from the Phoenix at the end of Phoenix Resurrection, her power growth naturally vectors towards Phoenix manifestation. Her mutation allows her to tap into it and wield it. Post-retcon, the argument is "It's not her power...the Phoenix existed for ages, she didn't create it" etc. Well, given Jean's Omega potential and known genetic ability to tap into this force, why is this a strike against her? Magneto didn't create magnetism, do we discount his feats when he taps into planetary magnetospheres to draw on its power? Storm didn't create weather...same thing. Darkstar? Magic wielders?

20190824_195130.jpg
    It got minimized, and nearly eliminated entirely, because they set the threshold for the Phoenix's power far too high for a street level comic like X-Men. If they maintained consistency, Jean would have been more powerful than every living person on Earth combined several times over. At that point there isn't any drama. The question of mutant equality goes away when you know Jean can just annihilate every single enemy to mutantkind from the comfort of her own bedroom.

Hence why they went with the "Jean is strong without the Phoenix" stuff in Red. To let her power increase without the bird being around to be the Sword of Damocles.
    Last edited by PsychoEFrost; 08-24-2019 at 05:55 PM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Their current relationship with their mom is non-existent.
    It hurts. I want them to interact so much, even if it is dysfunctional.
    I mean there are tons of dysfunctionality on Marvel parental relationships like Thor's family, Magneto's family, Pym family. Where there are tons of problems and some serious issues but relationships can be like that in real life.

I would like to know that even if they don't talk a lot at least Emma makes sure to pay everything for them or something like that. Sometimes all the trouble only makes me want to root for them.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    It hurts. I want them to interact so much, even if it is dysfunctional.
    I mean there are tons of dysfunctionality on Marvel parental relationships like Thor's family, Magneto's family, Pym family. Where there are tons of problems and some serious issues but relationships can be like that in real life.

I would like to know that even if they don't talk a lot at least Emma makes sure to pay everything for them or something like that. Sometimes all the trouble only makes me want to root for them.
    The issue with having them be more familial is that the plan is clearly to keep the Cuckoos as students, and therefore faces. So if Emma is heel, she cannot interact with them without making them look bad.

We will see what happens, but it doesn't really seem to be an avenue that Marvel wants to go down at this time.

The issue with having them be more familial is that the plan is clearly to keep the Cuckoos as students, and therefore faces. So if Emma is heel, she cannot interact with them without making them look bad.

We will see what happens, but it doesn't really seem to be an avenue that Marvel wants to go down at this time.
    I doubt that bc Emma's current predicament is rather recent. The cuckoos themselves had a heel turn earlier this year so they are more like Emma. They've never had much of a relationship even after Warsong well over a decade ago.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I doubt that bc Emma's current predicament is rather recent. The cuckoos themselves had a heel turn earlier this year so they are more like Emma. They've never had much of a relationship even after Warsong well over a decade ago.
    I know, and nobody is saying they should have one perfect cute relationship, just asking for one.
    as I said even dysfunctional ones like Magneto/Wanda/Pietro have their charm.

(Also, your avatar is cool and all but I liked the one with Jean and kid Cable )

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I know, and nobody is saying they should have one perfect cute relationship, just asking for one.
    as I said even dysfunctional ones like Magneto/Wanda/Pietro have their charm.

(Also, your avatar is cool and all but I liked the one with Jean and kid Cable )
    well there was this. While their interaction was volatile, it was the most personal interaction they've seemed to have had as most of their scenes tend to be Emma linking up with them telepathcailly to boost each other's powers

Speaking of which, Teen Jean became friends with the Cuckoos. I would love to see Jean interact with them and it would be interesting to see what the dynamics between them and Emma would be now

ETA, thank! It was time to change it and I love Acuna's T'challa
    Last edited by Havok83; 08-24-2019 at 07:31 PM.