Page 382 of 626 FirstFirst ... 282332372378379380381382383384385386392432482 ... LastLast
Results 5,716 to 5,730 of 9381

One could think Claremont was trying to be romantic on his own bizarre way and somehow trying to homage Jean too.

He sucked at it though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    Yeah, IMO she was doomed to fail. CC made too many coincidences. Scott could have moved on with someone like Lee Forester...or designed Maddie differently...but the physical resemblance(atrong enough to sometimes produce a visceral reaction), the backstory, plane crash, sole survivor, having the plane crash the same day Jean/Phoenix "died"...was begging for some kind of convoluted retcon...and we got it
    Retcon?!? There was no retcon...

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    Retcon?!? There was no retcon...
    Maddie being a clone of Jean was a retcon

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    Maddie being a clone of Jean was a retcon
    A retcon that made so much sense given the fact that she was a copy of Jean since day one.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by fsger View Post
    A retcon that made so much sense given the fact that she was a copy of Jean since day one.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

First Class as one of the worst? Excuse me?

Why isn't the Ramos costume here at all?
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

hoping jean makes something cool in the next comic, at least she is in the cover

we can be heroes, just for one day

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    First Class as one of the worst? Excuse me?

Why isn't the Ramos costume here at all?
    I’ll start with the obvious disclaimer that fashion is just opinion but....

I don’t think Ramos’ was thaaaat bad. It’s the EXM one right? In many ways If was a mix of the Phoenix and marvel girl costume, which are both pretty popular ones.

I think jean’s Jamaica flag ripoff (xmen blue) was worse personally - at least when the 80s jacket was worn. But to each his own.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

See, I loved the X-Men Blue look - especially without the jacket. I didn't HATE the Ramos look, but it's definitely one of the biggest stinkers that Jean has ever worn.

It's not the 90s look at least.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    1. Stop projecting. I never once said anything about Emma, and Jean fans need to knock that off. I don't know what this inferiority complex you have about Emma is, but it isn't cute.

2. Comics Infinity Gauntlet wins, but MCU Gauntlet loses to Comics Phoenix. They nerfed what the Gauntlet can do worse than they nerfed Thor or Hulk for the movies.

3. Phoenix's base power is WAYYYYYY above Captain Marvel. Phoenix is the 14th most powerful being in the entire Marvel combined universe. Captain Marvel isn't even top 75. Neither is Scarlet Witch. Strange as the Ultimate Sorcerer Supreme was 27th. Thor at his most powerful is 34th. Phoenix at base level is capable of annihilating entire galaxies without effort. Remind me when Captain Marvel could do that.

4. Dark Phoenix is WEAKER than the Phoenix at max power. The Phoenix at max power (White Phoenix of the Crown) is a reality warper on a cosmic level.

5. Galactus beating the Phoenix in a straight up fight was the rough equal to Squirrel Girl beating Thanos, or a normal missile putting She-Hulk in a coma. Galactus is 22nd on power chart, a full scale below Phoenix. It's the rough equal to Apocalypse beating Odin. Hell, Rachel as Phoenix beat Galactus, and that's with a weaker connection than the one Jean has.
    Phoenix at base levels destroying galaxies is hyberbole. There’s no official rank of cosmic entities per say. The Phoenix has also been beaten by two Thors. It’s not all powerful. Powerful, bit not all power. They won’t have any problem using Phoenix in the MCU. She was used in the Fox franchise, and again she was not shown anywhere near the power of the Infinity gems. In the Dark Phoenix film she was comparable to Captain Marvel and that’s how we’ll see her in MCU.

Oh, in the comics Phoenix is so powerful it was beaten/vaniquished by a Wanda spell No More Phoenix. Granted Hope help hands with Wanda and let it happen, but they were still able to defeat the Phoenix.

Most recently Jeen beat the Phoenix and made it resurrect her. We see why she’s the prime host. She is able to own it like nobody else, in more ways than one.

BANNED

What?! First Class is a worst, but AoA is a best?

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I actually liked Famke red coat from the last stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    Exactly what i meant, it was so logical that she ended up being a clone.

The X-men would also be better if she never existed.

BANNED

Making Maddie look exactly like Jean was one of his worst ideas.