Page 386 of 626 FirstFirst ... 286336376382383384385386387388389390396436486 ... LastLast
Results 5,776 to 5,790 of 9381
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Have you read the books featuring her since she got back? If so., then the answer would be no. They say Jean is super powerful but she isnt written as such. She's portrayed weaker than she should be
    Having Jean bond with the phoenix for long wouldn't fix any problem. She would only job with the phoenix. At least without it it is less humiliating.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Having Jean bond with the phoenix for long wouldn't fix any problem. She would only job with the phoenix. At least without it it is less humiliating.
    At the same time, jobbing without the phoenix makes it seem as if she's only powerful when she has it. That's not a very good message, in my opinion.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Honestly, with how messy the phoenix seems to currently be, I think it's a good thing Jean is separated from the phoenix for a while. I think it needs to be entirely reworked before Jean should be reunited with it again; and besides, it feels nice to see Jean do things on her own for once.
    We have seen Jean do things without the Phoenix many times in the past. Let us not forget the X-factor years or the 90's years. Rosenberg acts like it is some new thing for Jean not to have the Phoenix, and I'm like this is not new! This has been done before.

Jean has been shown as powerful when she's Phoenix but she's also been portrayed as being powerful when she doesn't have the Phoenix. There is a lot of evidence for this in the books.

Personally I love Jean either way. I will always have an affection for Jean as Phoenix though.

I do wish Jean wouldn't job so often. It is a problem, but even powerful characters must be able to be defeated. I don't want Jean to be overpowered that she can't be used. I like Jean with high power tp/tk and I like the imagery of the Phoenix, but I don't want her to be cosmically powered.

I think the general agreement is that Jean needs a power feat or two in the upcoming books.

On the topic of costumes I did not like the X-men Red costume but it did kind of grow on me. I don't like her in the MG outfit, and wish she would get something new. It is very frustrating. Jean should have a great new costume design. I don't mind the Marvel Girl codename (which surprises even me!), though it does feel out of date but I expect she'll mostly go by Jean Grey.

I really liked these looks for Jean, they are my favorite:

I love the New X-men book. I kinda wish that everyone else would be in super hero costumes and Jean alone still in the New X-men uniform. It is her best outfit besides the Phoenix costumes.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I love the New X-men book. I kinda wish that everyone else would be in super hero costumes and Jean alone still in the New X-men uniform. It is her best outfit besides the Phoenix costumes.
    Hehe, I totally agree, Jean needs to look like a total badass. Plus she looks absolutely awesome in that outfit.

Morrison loves the trench coats, but as a trench fan I approve.

It is funny for me though with the Morrison run. I find Jean's outfit awesome, Scott's middle of the road, and Emma's awful.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I don't play MOBAS too much but I just found that Jean would be on one called Marvel Super War
    this is the only image of her at the moment
    superwar.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I really liked these looks for Jean, they are my favorite:
    No Matter how hard i Try i cant Fully get into that turtleneck moment. But with the trenchcoat...Yeah i think i can dig it

I liked this Phoenix T-shirt look during the Morrison era as well

New_X-Men_Vol_1_134.jpg

received_2553475221380060.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post

New_X-Men_Vol_1_134.jpg

Brings up an odd question. Did Jean just have a custom t-shirt with that insignia made, like at the mall? Or did she rearrange the molecules with her powers to make it like most hosts do, and intentionally made it poor fitting? Like it looks good, but not particularly comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post

New_X-Men_Vol_1_134.jpg

I agree. That was an underrated look for her. It's a lot less bland and dark than the traditional Morrison outfit. I'd like to see her wear something like that again.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Yeah, but I feel that type of portrayal is setup in order to compensate for a potential problem. Writers should be able to come up with threats that the heroes struggle to defeat, but it's slightly problematic when the X-men have oddly variable power levels. Jean being portrayed underneath her power level makes me think some writers view it as a problem. Instead of thinking of a reasonable level threat, the go to is to lower her current level.
    I wonder if said writers would do that to the currently omnipotent All-Goddess Storm?