Page 389 of 626 FirstFirst ... 289339379385386387388389390391392393399439489 ... LastLast
Results 5,821 to 5,835 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    He did a great job in one issue for Emma, I think once he can focus on Jean for a little it will be great. It is just that at the moment the team was just formed
    If he wants to focus on Jean, everyone know that emma is one of his favorite. Jean isnt
    Last edited by spirit2011; 08-28-2019 at 07:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Hickman said she was going to be prominent. I'm not seeing that and his writing of Jean is very meh
    Agreed. All the criticisms of the lack of Jean and Hickman's take on her and 6 issues in and he's proven nothing to dissuade those concerns. I hate to say it but at least Rosenberg's Jean had a personality. I REALLY hope its revealed that Xavier is brainwashing her bc this meh Jean aint cutting it

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Agreed. All the criticisms of the lack of Jean and Hickman's take on her and 6 issues in and he's proven nothing to dissuade those concerns. I hate to say it but at least Rosenberg's Jean had a personality. I REALLY hope its revealed that Xavier is brainwashing her bc this meh Jean aint cutting it
    my thoughts exactly. I liked that she was taking charge and now Scotts back and shes barely more than wallpaper? Not buying it. At this point they should at least be co-leading...costume sucks too, but the only reason I can see them putting her in that again is because Xaviers involved somehow like you said. Otherwise i guess theyre throwing one of the actually decent examples of character development from the past few years of mess

Scott is acting like Xavier's b*tch too, relegated to teachers pet and lackey. The grass ain't greener on the other side.
    Last edited by fsger; 08-28-2019 at 07:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    my thoughts exactly. I liked that she was taking charge and now Scotts back and shes barely more than wallpaper? Not buying it. At this point they should at least be co-leading...costume sucks too, but the only reason I can see them putting her in that again is because Xaviers involved somehow like you said. Otherwise i guess theyre throwing one of the actually decent examples of character development from the past few years of mess
    IDK what they are doing with Jean, but I'm not having it

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Attachment 86215

My current favorite fan redesign of Jean Grey's Phoenix looks.
    It looks like somebody already cosplayed this!
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B1jSRw7D28v/
    67293870_745138562587440_7462173753009391743_n.jpg
    67720978_2813319082071540_6391915573000166962_n.jpg
    68961684_371231616906472_5305426159626577334_n.jpg

Also houndsofluv, how is that Cyclops fault? Everybody is acting second fiddle to Xavier/Magneto/Moira, everybody, including Cyclops.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 08-28-2019 at 08:10 AM.

how is that Cyclops fault? Evertbody is acting second fiddle to Xavier/Magneto/Moira, everybody, including Cyclops.
    Oh i dont think its Scotts faut at all, i actually agree on that one. I just think it's too bad that Now that Hes back shes being written as less of a leader cuz i liked her that way, it felt deserved and made sense. Whereas it makes less sense imo that she would just become a follower now...more a fault of the writing than Scotts character but it's true its happening to everyone

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    Oh i dont think its Scotts faut at all, i actually agree on that one. I just think it's too bad that Now that Hes back shes being written as less of a leader cuz i liked her that way, it felt deserved and made sense. Whereas it makes less sense imo that she would just become a follower now...more a fault of the writing than Scotts character but it's true its happening to everyone
    Yeah she went from a leader to someone with little agency. She doesn’t even seem to have a voice

I think Jean is going to come out ok, I think that all of them are being mind controlled and possibly have been pod people for the entire run. I think even Emma and the Cuckoos are in pods and under Xavier/Magneto's control.

Once we get out of the end of this event I think they all free themselves from Xavier and Magneto. X-Force indicated Jean is an integral part of the clandestine services branch of Krakoa so I think she is going to get lots of character development in the fall. This event is supposed to feel like there is something wrong and it does, Xavier and Magneto are outright cult like creepy, and everyone is acting overly obedient to them. Certain mutants with overly sadistic personalities are showing some extra level of resistance like Mystique and Sabretooth, that is probably because their core personalities are rebellious and incredibly violent. But even those two are towing the line too.

I am not worried about Jean (except the Marvel Girl uniform part, I want a new uniform asap), I think Jean is going to get some featured time, particularly because she is a main character on X-Force.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Cyclops is not on X-force and that doesn't mean he is preventing her from leading that team. They just happen to exist at the same time after so long.
    God forgive they could even talk to each other.
    They have barely existed or interacted and had very few interactions on this issue, that had nothing to do with their relationship.
    I think some are exaggerating because what happened to Jean has nothing to do with Scott.

Anyway, has any of you read Marvel comics #1000?
    Did Jean make even a cameo?
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 08-28-2019 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I think Jean is going to come out ok, I think that all of them are being mind controlled and possibly have been pod people for the entire run. I think even Emma and the Cuckoos are in pods and under Xavier/Magneto's control.

Once we get out of the end of this event I think they all free themselves from Xavier and Magneto. X-Force indicated Jean is an integral part of the clandestine services branch of Krakoa so I think she is going to get lots of character development in the fall. This event is supposed to feel like there is something wrong and it does, Xavier and Magneto are outright cult like creepy, and everyone is acting overly obedient to them. Certain mutants with overly sadistic personalities are showing some extra level of resistance like Mystique and Sabretooth, that is probably because their core personalities are rebellious and incredibly violent. But even those two are towing the line too.

I am not worried about Jean (except the Marvel Girl uniform part, I want a new uniform asap), I think Jean is going to get some featured time, particularly because she is a main character on X-Force.
    My theory is that all of the Omega's are actually powering Krakoa to do all of the things that it's able to do all of a sudden.
    Richard Alexander

Hickman didn't regress Jean, she was reduced and regressed since Age of X-man, were she was a background character, with almost no lines that was only there to be fucked by a C-lister (no tease or build up, like a piece of meat) and he could have a cliche plot for his mini (that sold like trash)

Quote Originally Posted by fsger View Post
    Hickman didn't regress Jean, she was reduced and regressed since Age of X-man, were she was a background character, with almost no lines that was only there to be fucked by a C-lister (no tease or build up, like a piece of meat) and he could have a cliche plot for his mini (that sold like trash)
    Hickman was writing HoX independent of anything that was happening in AoX. I doubt he even read that. He regressed her here

Anyway, has any of you read Marvel comics #1000?
    Did Jean make even a cameo?
    She appears in the background of a few pages with the rest of X-men, but she doesn't get any lines. None of the X-men beside Wolverine and Storm are the only X-men to get any real attention in the comic.

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    My theory is that all of the Omega's are actually powering Krakoa to do all of the things that it's able to do all of a sudden.
    hmm, that's interesting. That would definitely make Jean a pod person because she is probably somewhere on Krakoa with the other Omega's being used as some kind of battery/power source. Your mentioning that really emphasizes something else, why would Xavier risk an Omega like Jean that they consider a high priority asset on a mission where she might not return? Why did he allow Scott to take her at all? I think you are right, Jean is probably somewhere on Krakoa with the other Omega's and the Jean that is with Scott is a pod person.