Page 390 of 626 FirstFirst ... 290340380386387388389390391392393394400440490 ... LastLast
Results 5,836 to 5,850 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by fsger View Post
    Hickman didn't regress Jean, she was reduced and regressed since Age of X-man, were she was a background character, with almost no lines that was only there to be fucked by a C-lister (no tease or build up, like a piece of meat) and he could have a cliche plot for his mini (that sold like trash)
    AoXM was an alternate universe written by unknowns so i wasnt really expecting any brilliant character work. I think i just set my expectations a bit too high in terms of what hickman would do with her
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Cyclops is not on X-force and that doesn't mean he is preventing her from leading that team. They just happen to exist at the same time after so long.
    God forgive they could even talk to each other.
    They have barely existed or interacted and had very few interactions on this issue, that had nothing to do with their relationship.
    I think some are exaggerating because what happened to Jean has nothing to do with Scott.
    Like i said i dont think the characters themselves had anything to do with it, i think Its all down to the writers perceptions of them. But i agree theres too much we dont know and have yet to read to judge how theyre portrayed so im just slightly disappointed for now

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Hickman was writing HoX independent of anything that was happening in AoX. I doubt he even read that. He regressed her here
    Doesn't mean we weren't getting worse before him but nobody was crying the world was ending or blaming other characters.
    at least now we have better art

Quote Originally Posted by fsger View Post
    Doesn't mean we weren't getting worse before him but nobody was crying the world was ending or blaming other characters.
    at least now we have better art
    How do you know that? I see you are a new poster. People were complaining on here about Jean in AoX. The same complaints now in HoX were consistent throughout AoX, even people blaming Scott for the lack of Jean. Go back through this thread if you dont beleive me

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    How do you know that? I see you are a new poster. People were complaining on here about Jean in AoX
    If they did good, I thought I was the only one who hated it.
    Hickman is a huge improvement
    Last edited by fsger; 08-28-2019 at 10:10 AM.

BANNED

Gee, I can't imagine what fans had an issue with in AoX.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    hmm, that's interesting. That would definitely make Jean a pod person because she is probably somewhere on Krakoa with the other Omega's being used as some kind of battery/power source. Your mentioning that really emphasizes something else, why would Xavier risk an Omega like Jean that they consider a high priority asset on a mission where she might not return? Why did he allow Scott to take her at all? I think you are right, Jean is probably somewhere on Krakoa with the other Omega's and the Jean that is with Scott is a pod person.
    Yeah, The X-Men, atleast the major ones, that we see have to be pod people. Scott is acting almost like a teenager again around Xavier, especially with the way he's talking to Scott. Its almost like Scott isn't sure of himself as a leader, and he hasn't been like that in YEARS.
    Richard Alexander

AOX didn't botherd me much becaus eit was a AU filler that was going to be ignored by Hickman and every other creator.

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    My theory is that all of the Omega's are actually powering Krakoa to do all of the things that it's able to do all of a sudden.
    Hummm. Xavier wouldn't put a omega on a suicide mission

BANNED

Scott does not come off like a teenager to me. And the only time he projects even the slightest doubt is in private with Xavier and Magneto. He is a true believer. This to me is a logical extension of the post-HoM Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Cyclops is not on X-force and that doesn't mean he is preventing her from leading that team. They just happen to exist at the same time after so long.
    God forgive they could even talk to each other.
    They have barely existed or interacted and had very few interactions on this issue, that had nothing to do with their relationship.
    I think some are exaggerating because what happened to Jean has nothing to do with Scott.

Anyway, has any of you read Marvel comics #1000?
    Did Jean make even a cameo?
    Scott always get out of any situation on top. he is the leader of the x-men team and the only protagonist of the book.
    Of course with his return he took his place.
    I'm not sure how it will be on X-force, but I hope Jean will have some agency
    Last edited by spirit2011; 08-28-2019 at 10:42 AM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Yes, it is basically a cyclops solo, if anything their connection (as any other character he is connected with) is what will help her be on two books, that is a plus because she could be on just one book.
    I said X-force because it doesn't have Scott in it and she isn't leading so he is not the problem.

and I'm sorry if i'm a little defensive and stubborn about this but i ship them and I like to have all the facts as clear as posible because some are exagerating.
    outside of tyke/jeen (that had almost nothing romantic between them) they haven't been on the same book since i was a very, very little person and i would like to read books where both exist.

BANNED

A "Cyclops solo?" Cyclops is one of the few X-Men featured in the book so far, but he has a handful of pages at best over several issues. That is not a solo book. It's no one's solo book, it's an overview of the entire franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    A "Cyclops solo?" Cyclops is one of the few X-Men featured in the book so far, but he has a handful of pages at best over several issues. That is not a solo book. It's no one's solo book, it's an overview of the entire franchise.
    We are talking about the upcoming x-men book, where only Cyclops is the permanent member

Quote Originally Posted by thechronic92 View Post
    This is more like Claremont's second X-Men run (the X-Treme and XSE stuff) than traditional X-Force. It even has Sage in the roster.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I wonder how will Jean and Domino interact.
    I think it can be fun (if she is not there only for colossus)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    We are talking about the upcoming x-men book, where only Cyclops is the permanent member
    There is no indication Cyclops is a permanent member in the page I saw, unless I missed a line.