Page 394 of 626 FirstFirst ... 294344384390391392393394395396397398404444494 ... LastLast
Results 5,896 to 5,910 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I really enjoyed House of X issue 3. I am not concerned yet where Jean is concerned. We need to wait until the next couple issues and then I'd get annoyed if Jean played a super small role.

I did like that Jean was concerned about the humans. That is Jean. She fights for what she believes in but she does care about people and doesn't want to hurt people (especially innocents - though there is an interesting discussion about how innocent these folks are).

As for their situation in the end of the book... well they have characters that could resolve that without them dying.. what is the point of having a telepath if she couldn't since what the human was about to do, or what is the use of having a telekinetic if she can't shield them, etc. Though I bet someone else saves them.

On the topic of Quire he has become a joke/comedic character and that upsets me. The Morrison version of Quire was more like Alex from a Clockwork Orange. I see him in that light and not the joke character he has turned into. Riot at Xavier's is one of my favorite story arcs of all time. Quire could have continued to be a great character when he was brought back.

I do hope we get some Jean and Quire moments in X-force and I am happy that Jean will get out in the field. It is depressing that Jean is no longer a leader, but it may end up a good thing (time will tell).
    Yeah I don't know...I see her in house of X it's like I'm losing hope
    Haiz

Fantastic Member Legaldrugdealer's Avatar

Here's a Jean commission from a few weeks ago

Quote Originally Posted by Legaldrugdealer View Post
    pretty good, who is the artist?

Fantastic Member Legaldrugdealer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    pretty good, who is the artist?
    Ashley Witter

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Black Queen View Post
    Yeah I don't know...I see her in house of X it's like I'm losing hope
    Haiz
    Emma didn't even appear before and in one issue Hickman did a great job. I want to be optimistic and believe Jean will get her moment.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 08-28-2019 at 07:13 PM.

The Red Dragon

Hickman has continued what Tom Taylor has started and made 90s Mom jean a thing now except she’s wearing a get up from tbe 60s. ��. Since coming back the character has none of the edge and badassery that Claremont, Morrison’s and teen Jean had. Morrison Jean and Teen Jean while they were still compassionate had an edge about them and even came off as scary at times. This adult Jean we have now has none of that. She’s the xmen’s pacifist carebear saint and coming off as completely one note. And that is boring.

I wish adult Jean never came back cuz she’s done nothing but disappoint so far. Remember when she sent the Umen screaming naked from the mansion and threatened to atomize them? This carebear Jean would probably offer them cupcakes and flood them with feelings of love and empathy or some bs.
    Last edited by Tank; 08-28-2019 at 07:22 PM.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Legaldrugdealer View Post
    Your art pieces never cease to amaze. It looks great.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Emma didn't even appear before and in one issue Hickman did a great job. I want to be optimistic and believe Jean will get her moment.
    I'm not expecting it, if happens ok. But I put some expectative into this event and it delivered zero
    Not expecting anything at least put me in better mood if nothing happens

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I'm not expecting it, if happens ok. But I put some expectative into this event and it delivered zero
    Not expecting anything at least put me in better mood if nothing happens
    Well, I like to follow: expect the worse, but hope for the best. Keeps disappointment away. At least most of the time.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

at least jean is not dead
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Well, I like to follow: expect the worse, but hope for the best. Keeps disappointment away. At least most of the time.
    The pessimist's perspective hasn't failed me yet. Though we are getting a fun view into what happens when two ultra pessimists run into each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Hickman has continued what Tom Taylor has started and made 90s Mom jean a thing now except she’s wearing a get up from tbe 60s. ��. Since coming back the character has none of the edge and badassery that Claremont, Morrison’s and teen Jean had. Morrison Jean and Teen Jean while they were still compassionate had an edge about them and even came off as scary at times. This adult Jean we have now has none of that. She’s the xmen’s pacifist carebear saint and coming off as completely one note. And that is boring.

I wish adult Jean never came back cuz she’s done nothing but disappoint so far. Remember when she sent the Umen screaming naked from the mansion and threatened to atomize them? This carebear Jean would probably offer them cupcakes and flood them with feelings of love and empathy or some bs.
    I liked Taylor's Jean. She was passive but not submissive. An edge just for the sake of it isn't necessary to make Jean interesting.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post

Morrison himself wrote Jean like that for a couple of issues, so he could contrast the differences in her as she started the Phoenix transformation. Jeen was meant to be the protagonist, so of course she is going to have a forceful personality.

What Taylor did sucked and I feel the same about XMen Red.

But we haven’t seen Hickman really use Jean yet. Her direction will probably become more clear in XMen and XForce. The XMen are rebooted by Marvel so the MCU can have its own XMen.

Spectacular Member

There's NOTHING GOOD in Dawn of X for Jean so far. Jean is a CIA bureaucrate in X-Force, seriously? This is Hickman's vision for this character? After Morrison real heiress of Xavier, after teen Jean and after Jean in X-Men RED, we got a full regression to the Marvel Girl Republican Mary Sue who is only a love interest for Scott. NO THANKS HICKMAN I DON'T WANT THIS TO HAPPEN!!!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fridric View Post
    There's NOTHING GOOD in Dawn of X for Jean so far. Jean is a CIA bureaucrate in X-Force, seriously? This is Hickman's vision for this character? After Morrison real heiress of Xavier, after teen Jean and after Jean in X-Men RED, we got a full regression to the Marvel Girl Republican Mary Sue who is only a love interest for Scott. NO THANKS HICKMAN I DON'T WANT THIS TO HAPPEN!!!

Unless it's October which it isn't, you're just reaching.
    Last edited by Triniking1234; 08-29-2019 at 12:35 PM.
    "Cable was right!"