Page 395 of 626 FirstFirst ... 295345385391392393394395396397398399405445495 ... LastLast
Results 5,911 to 5,925 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by fridric View Post
    There's NOTHING GOOD in Dawn of X for Jean so far. Jean is a CIA bureaucrate in X-Force, seriously? This is Hickman's vision for this character? After Morrison real heiress of Xavier, after teen Jean and after Jean in X-Men RED, we got a full regression to the Marvel Girl Republican Mary Sue who is only a love interest for Scott. NO THANKS HICKMAN I DON'T WANT THIS TO HAPPEN!!!
    Things aren't looking good for sure. Maybe Hickman gonna surprise us on his last 6 issues or percy gonna write a really good Jean. Percy said that she will also go on missions sometimes

So far it has been dissapointing

Damm and I thought Emma and Cyclops fans were annoying but it seems like it will be Jean fans who take the crown.

Such a great character like Jean deserved better and more mature fans.

Emma (which I hate) has been on limbo pretty much since Bendis and her fans complain but not as much as some people here. Jean has led two teams since Blue and Red (a solo in disguise), bossed around dissasembled or whatever.

We are crying for books that haven't come out yet and for a story that has sidelined everybody.

Even Storm has done less and nobody is making conspiracies.

unless someone links Hickman's leaked issues confirming she will do nothing more, then all this whinning is for nothing.
    We got even less things and the few we got were more terrible on Age of X-man were she was only background love interest.

The X-men are a team, a team. Nobody is or should be the center of everything. I like to get as much Jean as posible but this drama is so tiresome and immature.
    Last edited by fsger; 08-29-2019 at 11:51 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by fridric View Post
    There's NOTHING GOOD in Dawn of X for Jean so far. Jean is a CIA bureaucrate in X-Force, seriously? This is Hickman's vision for this character? After Morrison real heiress of Xavier, after teen Jean and after Jean in X-Men RED, we got a full regression to the Marvel Girl Republican Mary Sue who is only a love interest for Scott. NO THANKS HICKMAN I DON'T WANT THIS TO HAPPEN!!!
    Literally none of this was even remotely shown. Don't hurt yourself with that reach.

It's not like marvel never gave me a reason to be afraid. Jean have been very meh this year. I really think Red was a happy accident

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    It's not like marvel never gave me a reason to be afraid. Jean have been very meh this year. I really think Red was a happy accident
    The thing is that Marvel has been giving a lot to Jean fans since teen Jean came to the present too, even if she isn't exactly SEEN as the same by most people (including myself). So it isn't a fluke. It's writers and creators choosing not to push Jean as much as they could, which says a lot about the state of the franchise when despite that she was still one of the central characters in Disassembled and Age of X-Man. Jean got it bad, other characters got it worse.

We'll see how she fares further along in HoxPox, in X-Men, and in X-Force. I won't say the sky is falling yet.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I know Hickman hasn't paid her much attention but he will probably do it at some point.
    I think some are exaggerating a bit

Do you guys/girls want to talk about something else?
    Like what is your favorite Jean portrayal on outside media?

Mine is from X-men Evolution.
    I think the movies rushed everything and she while she was cool on TAS she was also a joke sometimes, She was dead on the anime (but the few times she appeared were special). Wolverine and the X-men was cool too but I feel evolution developed her more.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Either X-Men Evolution or the X-Men Legends video games. She was portrayed as graceful, elegant, competent... but still flawed, and importantly, powerful.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Evo Jean was pretty great...that episode when she locates Acott on her own, tracks him down, and thrashes Mystique around like a ragdoll was awesome

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post

I think the movies rushed everything and she while she was cool on TAS she was also a joke sometimes, She was dead on the anime (but the few times she appeared were special). Wolverine and the X-men was cool too but I feel evolution developed her more.
    The animated series where she'd just moan for Scott and faint causing Wolverine to cry and go on a rampage.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    The animated series where she'd just moan for Scott and faint causing Wolverine to cry and go on a rampage.
    Lol, that was so unintentionaly bad that it was good.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post

Evolution usually, but for all the crap that TAS hit Jean with, their interpretation of the Phoenix Saga was unmatched, and Jean kicked some serious ass during that.

Jean barely existed in WatXM, which was probably for the best since any character who wasn't Logan or Kurt got the shaft in a HUGE way. Going with the movie route of "Jean actually hates Scott and has always hated him and has always really loved Logan" was... a bad choice.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Evolution usually, but for all the crap that TAS hit Jean with, their interpretation of the Phoenix Saga was unmatched, and Jean kicked some serious ass during that.
    That is so true. It is sad that this iconic story is cursed to not be adapted properly but TAS really did a good job.

Famke did pretty little but she looked hot and was a doctor, I liked that.