Page 396 of 626 FirstFirst ... 296346386392393394395396397398399400406446496 ... LastLast
Results 5,926 to 5,940 of 9381

I loved TAS and Evolution.

I always played as Jean in X-Men Legends.

evolution Jean is definitive to me. Thats my Jean. You just wanna be her bestie so bad
    Watxm Jean....had a cute bob?
    TAS......can Jean even be considered a character? more like just what the story needed her to be. I agree the Phoenix saga slaps though

BANNED

I liked that in Dark Phoenix the film she lived and as a troubled person she was able to take control and save the day. While I cannot wait to see Phoenix/Jean in the MCU, last stand and Dark Phoenix should have ended all Dark Phoenix stories for good.

Dark Phoenix is overdone. I want to see Jean as Phoenix in a movie as a hero. Everyone wants to forget the part where Phoenix was good. The Dark Phoenix was just a few issues. I hate in the comics that the narrative forgets Jean controlled the Phoenix in Morrison's run. It is unclear story wise if Jean had any real Phoenix power in the years before Morrison's run. But the narrative is always Dark Phoenix and Jean being unable to control it (though we are often reminded that she's the best Phoenix). It is very frustrating to say the least.

As for cartoons, I love the original and I love X-men Evolution. Jean was the best in X-men Evolution.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

This looks cool

https://www.instagram.com/p/B11GcDhC2IW/

(68865575_904534139932449_1401211690377445259_n.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I liked that in Dark Phoenix the film she lived and as a troubled person she was able to take control and save the day. While I cannot wait to see Phoenix/Jean in the MCU, last stand and Dark Phoenix should have ended all Dark Phoenix stories for good.
    I hope that we can see Jean without the Phoenix on the MCU because it almost always means that she is going to die.

Nice find! Like the style here. She has a very Disney-like look to her.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

I want to see Jean as Phoenix in the MCU with no DP story, no dying, and with control of her powers.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Dark Phoenix is overdone. I want to see Jean as Phoenix in a movie as a hero. Everyone wants to forget the part where Phoenix was good. The Dark Phoenix was just a few issues. I hate in the comics that the narrative forgets Jean controlled the Phoenix in Morrison's run. It is unclear story wise if Jean had any real Phoenix power in the years before Morrison's run. But the narrative is always Dark Phoenix and Jean being unable to control it (though we are often reminded that she's the best Phoenix). It is very frustrating to say the least.

As for cartoons, I love the original and I love X-men Evolution. Jean was the best in X-men Evolution.
    Jean had the complete control over before the hellfire club messed up in her head. Morrison didn't came with anything new

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Jean had the complete control over before the hellfire club messed up in her head. Morrison didn't came with anything new
    Wasn't that just the Phoenix with Jeans memories tho?

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    If you accept the retcon, it is

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    It was both and neither. Changes depending on what is convenient, tends to be blamed on the real Jean.

Fantastic Member

The original TAS was my first introduction to Jean, so I'll always be partial to it. Outside of the orgasmic outcry (I think this may have endeared her character to a few of the guys I know), I liked what they showed of Jean's character. She was feisty, her turn in the Morlock tunnels, dry humor (after scattering Sinisters remains all over the Savage Land) "It'll be a while before he can get himself back together."

And who can forget her Christmas feud with Gambit. She literally chucked a handful of stemmed broccoli at his head.

Evo Jean bored me on a personality level. The Bayville Sirens was trite, her relationship with Duncan an unexplored placeholder, she was just an object for Rogue's resentment. And doomed on top of all that, based on what the future X-Men in Evoverse were shown to look like.

WATX could have been interesting if given more time.

I started collecting comics about a year before TAS, quickly became a Jean Grey fan...and TAS Jean was just so disappointing. I thought maybe she would improve after the Morlock episode, but even that was a mixed bag...the "You're tangling with the wrong X-Man" scene in the Danger Room made her look like a sloppy amateur. I like that she freed herself, made a quip at Callisto, knocked out several Morlocks and was able to send out a telepathic S.O.S....but then she's reduced mentally a 6 year old girl by a mere hypnotist.

The show in general, despite visually being based on the Gold/Blue team era, portrayed her as if she were 60s Marvel Girl(worse in some cases!). She couldn't even fly! (without the Phoenix)

In the comics, I was seeing her transfer her consciousness to another mind, turn off a mind, tether a shuttle to Asteroid M with a band of pure TK energy several miles long, thrash Sabertooth about, blast Seamus mellencamp 700 miles away, lift heavy objects, etc...in the show, always falling, passing out, needing help...I mean, even after Juggernaut has his helmet removed, and even with assistance from Cerebro,
    she still faints after giving him a hypnotic suggestion...even her TK shields would constantly fail or shatter. I've never seen her shields being shattered in the comics.

The worst thing though, thanks to TAS's ubiquity among a generation of kids, that was their primary impression of Jean for years(and the first X-Men movie wasn't great for Jean's character either)

I'd kinda be curious to see modern, adult Jean use those weird energy powers that Bendis gave her. I know his run on the o5 isn't exactly beloved but it was an interesting idea, that Jean's powers could have developed in a different way. Since Jean now should have all the memories of Young Jean...

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I'd kinda be curious to see modern, adult Jean use those weird energy powers that Bendis gave her. I know his run on the o5 isn't exactly beloved but it was an interesting idea, that Jean's powers could have developed in a different way. Since Jean now should have all the memories of Young Jean...
    The issue with her Pink Form (as discussed in a different thread) is that it makes Jean far too powerful to be safe in a street comic setting. Being able to one shot Galactus as long as there is "ambient psychic energy" in the area is punching well above the X-Men's weight class.