Page 397 of 626 FirstFirst ... 297347387393394395396397398399400401407447497 ... LastLast
Results 5,941 to 5,955 of 9381
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    This looks cool

https://www.instagram.com/p/B11GcDhC2IW/

Attachment 86415

I hope that we can see Jean without the Phoenix on the MCU because it almost always means that she is going to die.
    The Phoenix emblem on the sash is on the right side I like this pic

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Jean had the complete control over before the hellfire club messed up in her head. Morrison didn't came with anything new
    Quoted for Truth!
    Last edited by Shreene; 08-31-2019 at 04:04 PM.

Whatever the case, Jean's TK needs to be better utilized. She deserves better than generic TK blasts and shoves.

I'd love for her to start using it for extra sensory perception, like she was barely beginning to do in Morrison's run. Being able to probe areas, sense movements, detect energy patterns, etc

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    Whatever the case, Jean's TK needs to be better utilized. She deserves better than generic TK blasts and shoves.

I'd love for her to start using it for extra sensory perception, like she was barely beginning to do in Morrison's run. Being able to probe areas, sense movements, detect energy patterns, etc
    She has tk and TP, using them as a sensor to detect places is very obvious. This could go very well into X-force

The nice thing is that the utility limits for TK and TP are basically infinite in the Marvel universe. If you look at the list at utilized abilities on the Wiki for TP and TK, it's close to 3 pages long.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I think that telephaty is the more interesting power with the more potential
    I remember that on the Poison X-crossover. Teen Jean used her telephaty to predict all the attacks of one symbiote infussed alien girl. We almost don't see all the useful applications telepathy could have.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I think that telephaty is the more interesting power with the more potential
    I remember that on the Poison X-crossover. Teen Jean used her telephaty to predict all the attacks of one symbiote infussed alien girl. We almost don't see all the useful applications telepathy could have.
    That was actually a TK feat...she wasn't reading her thoughts to anticipate the girl's attacks, but rather "reading TK waves"...disturbance her motion causee through the air

Stuff like that is what I mean...using her TK as a sense

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    The issue with her Pink Form (as discussed in a different thread) is that it makes Jean far too powerful to be safe in a street comic setting. Being able to one shot Galactus as long as there is "ambient psychic energy" in the area is punching well above the X-Men's weight class.
    Fair enough. I wouldn't mind if they just casually nerfed it.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    The issue with her Pink Form (as discussed in a different thread) is that it makes Jean far too powerful to be safe in a street comic setting. Being able to one shot Galactus as long as there is "ambient psychic energy" in the area is punching well above the X-Men's weight class.
    She didn't one shot him tho.
    She knocked him down and he got right back up without a scratch.
    People like Thor, beta Ray Bill, thing and victorious have knocked down or stagger galactus with cheap shot attacks, but have almost died the moment he actually focused on them.

Still, the purple mode was really overpowered. I'd like to see adult Jean use it one last time.

I've been working on another article on my blog that references X-Men Evolution. In doing so, it reminded me just how much I loved the X-Men Evolution version of Jean Grey. She starts off as someone who wants control of her life. She strives to maintain a sense of normalcy. Then, it's all ripped away from her once mutants are outed and nothing is the same. It really changes her and it shows how much her character evolves, no pun intended.

X-Men Evolution may always live in the shadow of its predecessor, but it's level of quality in how it handles characters like Jean Grey will always make it special.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I've been working on another article on my blog that references X-Men Evolution. In doing so, it reminded me just how much I loved the X-Men Evolution version of Jean Grey. She starts off as someone who wants control of her life. She strives to maintain a sense of normalcy. Then, it's all ripped away from her once mutants are outed and nothing is the same. It really changes her and it shows how much her character evolves, no pun intended.

X-Men Evolution may always live in the shadow of its predecessor, but it's level of quality in how it handles characters like Jean Grey will always make it special.
    Strongly agree

I agree. I don't like when tk is used just to push things or when it is used mostly for shields. I used to hate Jean's tk bubble (not because it is bad but when overused it becomes boring). I liked how Jean's tk was used in X-factor. She was constantly using it (to lift things, catch people, etc).

Jean could probe for locks as Marvel Girl in the original X-men days. There are so many applications of tk without making a tk do crazy things like being able to phase through objects, or re-arranging molecules to make new substances (though that is cool, but I like reasonable limits on powers).

I do like the telekinetic sensitivity that Jean had in GM's run but writers would interpret that as only when Jean is at Phoenix levels. Since Jean has been back the main focus of her powers has been with her omega level telepathy. Which that can get tricky too when a character is so powerful they can make crowds sleep with a thought, or shut down brains, or mind control everyone, etc.

Tp/TK is a great powerset but again there must be some limits or we run into the same problem with Phoenix level powers.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Fair enough. I wouldn't mind if they just casually nerfed it.
    Let us qualify that the psychic energy Teen Jean absorbed to punch Galactus was from the other Jean Grey that was with her who was the Phoenix. So yes it does make Jean overpowered but only when there are other powerful energies around her. It allows Jean to potentially level up to the threat that she is facing. Again JDW had previously indicated that she won't be using it anymore.

Though this new form of her powers could help explain her omega levelness, since it seems more a part of her telepathy (which she can use to boost her tk).

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Jean had the complete control over before the hellfire club messed up in her head. Morrison didn't came with anything new
    Yes I realize that Jean had control in Claremont's run leading up to Dark Phoenix, but unfortunately the Dark Phoenix event overshadows the classic Phoenix run. I mean in Avengers vs. X-men, even in a lot of the Teen Jean stories you get the idea that Jean never recovered from Dark Phoenix. It was complete b.s. All I was saying is the times she had control usually get ignored in the prevailing narratives.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Yes that was the panel. You're also right, she was using her TK.