Page 4 of 626 FirstFirst 123456781454104504 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Good to see Jean not jobbing.
    Silva is one of my favorite artist but sadly it looks like he isn't bringing his full potential to this book.

Come on writers, you can do it. Just show Jean using pink mode to fight X-Legion. She doesn't even have to win or last more than a few seconds.

Just show that she can use it.

Loved the team work with Jean and Betsy. Getting past Legions mental defenses and finding out about the construct, then Jean knocking around Apocalypse (it was fine to see but he should have put up more of a resistance).

Lol, this is the new version of apocalypse that just said he has never felt this powerful before in Xmen black. Then proceeds to get stomped by Nate and Jean.

I loved the AoA construct by Legion. It reminds me of that issue of Xtreme where Jean basically creates a construct of a city in her mind where she and Storm hangout, go shopping, partying and eat ice cream. Time also moved faster than real life there. I think Quentin has also done something like that.

Looking forward to Nate and Jean interacting in AOXman

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Come on writers, you can do it. Just show Jean using pink mode to fight X-Legion. She doesn't even have to win or last more than a few seconds.
    Hm if she's gonna lose I'd rather they not show it lol. I think Pink Jean works better as being overpowered but used on very rare occasions, than being used constantly but not always getting the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    Jean's skirmish with Apocalypse in Uncanny X-Men #8

I think it's so funny that they didn't even make a big deal about this lol. It's like "Nah, it's just Apocalypse, I can just throw some rocks and he won't be able to do anything".
    Last edited by Wiccan; 01-02-2019 at 03:01 PM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

At this point Apocalypse jobs more than Jean herself. For such an iconic villain i can't remember the last time he really felt like a threat.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Lmao

Jean casually tossing Apocalypse around like it was nothing was hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    At this point Apocalypse jobs more than Jean herself. For such an iconic villain i can't remember the last time he really felt like a threat.
    He's never really been a major threat outside of his iniial story in X-Factor during Fall of the Mutants. He is tied to an iconic story (AoA) but that was an AU and whats made him overrated. He's been rather weak in 616

Incredible Member

At this point Apocalypse should have an identity crisis! Maybe he's not that fit to survive (survival of the fittest, what a joke!) nor to rule!
    Maybe he will have an epiphany and decide to follow Xavier's dream...in his own twisted ways!

Sorry but this blue body armor!!!! Why does she need body armor?!!! She's a top-class telekinetic! She must have the best of the world force fields dressed at all time during combat!
    Scarlet witch needs more body armor than her and look at how she dresses!

Sorry for the rant!

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

To be fair - Jean is, according to Apocalypse himself, one of the only characters capable of this. It just sucks that it was in the background haha.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    At this point Apocalypse should have an identity crisis! Maybe he's not that fit to survive (survival of the fittest, what a joke!) nor to rule!
    Maybe he will have an epiphany and decide to follow Xavier's dream...in his own twisted ways!

Sorry but this blue body armor!!!! Why does she need body armor?!!! She's a top-class telekinetic! She must have the best of the world force fields dressed at all time during combat!
    Scarlet witch needs more body armor than her and look at how she dresses!

Sorry for the rant!
    Makes me think of X-Men Apocalypse, when Jean kills him and he says "All is revealed", as if he's realizing that he actually isn't the strongest one who should rule(at least that's how I always interpreted the scene).

I loved this. Jean casually beating apocalypse LoL

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Makes me think of X-Men Apocalypse, when Jean kills him and he says "All is revealed", as if he's realizing that he actually isn't the strongest one who should rule(at least that's how I always interpreted the scene).
    That's how I took it to, hence the reference!
    The entire career of Apocalypse is dependent on the fact that he knows he's fit to rule, but what if you strip him of that? It would be an interesting story arc for him!

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Bean (Jean/Bishop shipper name) from X-Men #47. She is really just pulling him aside to tell him something and is not actually wrapping her arm around his. It just looks that way. I think they look great together and could make an interesting pair.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    He's never really been a major threat outside of his iniial story in X-Factor during Fall of the Mutants. He is tied to an iconic story (AoA) but that was an AU and whats made him overrated. He's been rather weak in 616
    I think it's another aspect from something Jean fans are way too familiar with: the 90s animated series. In that, Apocalypse was an extinction level threat every single time he showed up, including straight up killing the entire team once. But his showings in the actual comic have never hit those heights, partially because he (similar to Juggernaut) makes an easy Worf target.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Hm if she's gonna lose I'd rather they not show it lol. I think Pink Jean works better as being overpowered but used on very rare occasions, than being used constantly but not always getting the job done.
    I think if the pink form is going to be a thing there need to be some consistent rules established with it that keep it from being reduced to a pink Phoenix Force substitute. Being able to call on it any time she needs it seems like it could go in a circle of showing a threat escalating but then coming back around to not being that big of a threat since Jean can just flip the switch and deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I think it's another aspect from something Jean fans are way too familiar with: the 90s animated series. In that, Apocalypse was an extinction level threat every single time he showed up, including straight up killing the entire team once. But his showings in the actual comic have never hit those heights, partially because he (similar to Juggernaut) makes an easy Worf target.
    I think there's some truth to this. Apocalypse in the series as I recall was the quintessential villain of the show as Magento settled in to being more in conflict with the X-Men than straight up opposition most of the time. But every time A showed up it was a big deal with big ramifications should the X-Men not defeat him.

But when I got into the comics he barely ever showed up and the one time he did when I was reading regularly was the 12 arc. That was actually pretty epic in scope, to the point of arguably being inspired by RPG games, complete with a collect all 12 macguffins to unlock the fearsome power plot-line. But it fizzled out a bit in the end.