Page 404 of 527 FirstFirst ... 304354394400401402403404405406407408414454504 ... LastLast
Results 6,046 to 6,060 of 7893
  1. #6046
    Benefactor / Malefactor H-E-D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,627

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    The costume needs tights, and then it'd be fine! Maybe cut the sharp points off of the mask, too.
    You know, I didn't think there was ever a chance of me liking this costume, but if they gave her thigh-highs I might not have a choice.

  2. #6047
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    You know, I didn't think there was ever a chance of me liking this costume, but if they gave her thigh-highs I might not have a choice.
    Yes! Thigh highs would be perfect too. A pair of gold thigh highs with some black or green tights underneath, boom.

    Also: the coloring NEEDS to be more gold than yellow.

    "I'll always love you, Jean Grey." "I'll always love you too, Scott Summers." - Scott Summers and Jean Grey

  3. #6048
    Extraordinary Member spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    7,999

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePhoenix View Post
    That's so beautiful!!

    Also check these:




    Marvel discovered that Jean has thighs

  4. #6049
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,118

    Default

    Cape aside, I think the Marvel Girl dress should be redesigned to look more like the classic Supergirl design. It's a modern, classy take on that kind of design. Basically, give it some detailing, tights, a bette rbelt, and thigh highs... and profit.


    "I'll always love you, Jean Grey." "I'll always love you too, Scott Summers." - Scott Summers and Jean Grey

  5. #6050
    Extraordinary Member spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    7,999

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Cape aside, I think the Marvel Girl dress should be redesigned to look more like the classic Supergirl design. It's a modern, classy take on that kind of design. Basically, give it some detailing, tights, a bette rbelt, and thigh highs... and profit.

    They did it on Extraordinary and the result was bad.

    Even supergirl now is using pants on the tv show. Jean isn't a girl anymore

  6. #6051
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    They did it on Extraordinary and the result was bad.

    Even supergirl now is using pants on the tv show. Jean isn't a girl anymore
    Supergirl has a new design entirely because Melissa Benoist wanted to be warmer while filming. That's literally the only reason.

    Grown women wear skirts all the time and acting like they don't is dumb, sexist, and ageist. The Extraordinary costume isn't great but that's because Ramos isn't a great designer, not because the concept is bad.

    "I'll always love you, Jean Grey." "I'll always love you too, Scott Summers." - Scott Summers and Jean Grey

  7. #6052
    Extraordinary Member spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    7,999

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Supergirl has a new design entirely because Melissa Benoist wanted to be warmer while filming. That's literally the only reason.

    Grown women wear skirts all the time and acting like they don't is dumb, sexist, and ageist. The Extraordinary costume isn't great but that's because Ramos isn't a great designer, not because the concept is bad.
    Sure grown women use skirts, just that it is a bad design when you have a hero that can fly

  8. #6053
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Sure grown women use skirts, just that it is a bad design when you have a hero that can fly
    ... Unless they're wearing tights underneath it like I've been advocating for this entire time? You legitimately can't act like designs with tunics or skirts or dresses aren't viable when examples like Supergirl and Ms Marvel exist.
    Last edited by Harpsikord; 09-03-2019 at 04:47 PM.

    "I'll always love you, Jean Grey." "I'll always love you too, Scott Summers." - Scott Summers and Jean Grey

  9. #6054
    Extraordinary Member spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    7,999

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    ... Unless they're wearing tights underneath it like I've been advocating for this entire time?
    I was never fan of skirts being used with tights

  10. #6055
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I was never fan of skirts being used with tights
    Honey, that's a you problem, not a problem with the design aesthetic.

    "I'll always love you, Jean Grey." "I'll always love you too, Scott Summers." - Scott Summers and Jean Grey

  11. #6056
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    6,485

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePhoenix View Post
    That's so beautiful!!

    Also check these:



    [/IMG]
    It looks pretty. I hope there are good news on NYC but given that she will appear on two books I don't think there will be much for her on wave two.
    My opinions are my own
    Sometimes I can express negative opinions about certain topics but It is never my intention to offend you.

  12. #6057
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    15,001

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Supergirl has a new design entirely because Melissa Benoist wanted to be warmer while filming. That's literally the only reason.

    Grown women wear skirts all the time and acting like they don't is dumb, sexist, and ageist. The Extraordinary costume isn't great but that's because Ramos isn't a great designer, not because the concept is bad.
    Grown women wear skirts; most grown women superheroines however dont

  13. #6058
    Astonishing Member DragonPiece's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,763

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    It looks pretty. I hope there are good news on NYC but given that she will appear on two books I don't think there will be much for her on wave two.
    do we actually think wave 2 would already get announced by NYCC?

  14. #6059
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    6,485

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    do we actually think wave 2 would already get announced by NYCC?
    I don't know to be honest.
    My opinions are my own
    Sometimes I can express negative opinions about certain topics but It is never my intention to offend you.

  15. #6060
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    6,485

    Default

    Skirts can be pretty regardless of age but for a physically demanding job like superheroing they could be very impractical.
    My opinions are my own
    Sometimes I can express negative opinions about certain topics but It is never my intention to offend you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •