Page 406 of 626 FirstFirst ... 306356396402403404405406407408409410416456506 ... LastLast
Results 6,076 to 6,090 of 9381
    Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Jean being emotional in today's issue didn't bother me, and I thought it was justified with all that was going on. Her acting otherwise wouldn't make much sense. That being said, she felt clingy and incompetent on top of all of that, and I think that's what I didn't really care for. I have no problem with character's having limits, otherwise the stories would have no tension and everything would be solved too quickly, but Jean really came across like a teenage girl in this one. No shade to Monet, but I don't think much of her telepath skills, so I don't think she was bringing too much to the table IMO. Otherwise, I wouldn't say it was as bad as TAS, but it drawing comparisons to it isn't a compliment to Hickman.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-James View Post
    Spoilers rules also apply for you!
    How is that a spoiler? It is my opinion that something is off about this Jean, even since the first issue. The "voice" of the character is all wrong for me.

Compared to Jean in say, Fall of Avalon, for instance

spoilers:
    I dunno what to say, Marvel Girl. Try harder.
    end of spoilers

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I think the issue wasn't really great for anybody in particular but it had some little character momment for everybody.
    Jean dying was dumb but so did everybody else. I don't think it will take long for her to come back

She was communicating from space through a great distance that was cool and my guilty pleasure was the "SCOTT!" moment. He was caring for her too, which was cute to me
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 09-04-2019 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    How is that a spoiler? It is my opinion that something is off about this Jean, even since the first issue. The "voice" of the character is all wrong for me.

Compared to Jean in say, Fall of Avalon, for instance
    Yeah, I can't get Jean voice in this or the last issue

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    spoilers:
    I dunno what to say, Marvel Girl. Try harder.
    end of spoilers
    that was humiliating

Teen Jean would have done this mission solo

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Yeah, I can't get Jean voice in this or the last issue

that was humiliating
    Well... at the very least I can keep not caring about the x-men like I have been doing since the beginning of 2019, thanks god I have a full time Job and social activities that don't leave much space for disappointing entertainment products ..... this whole Hickman fan-wank been fun while it lasted, time to get back to reality
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by thechronic92 View Post
    Teen Jean would have done this mission solo
    yeah she could have. We got more of Hickman's Jean today and I was unimpressed

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    yeah she could have. We got more of Hickman's Jean today and I was unimpressed
    And I thought Jean would shine in this issue. I was so wrong.

Clearly there is something wrong with jean

<sigh> I knew that uniform was going to piss me off at some point. They really have regressed Jean back to the 60's portrayal of Jean. Of all the characters to shunt back to the 60's I honestly don't get it. They might as well have her get hit by some kind of age regression ray and have her be 12 if they are going to portray her as a helpless child that even Monet has to admonish.

I love Emma and I always have, and Jean is supposed to be Emma's equal in determination and confidence. Emma has only ever felt challenged when she faced Jean, and Jean should be strong enough to stand in the same room as Emma Frost and be just as much of a strong character. This is not the Jean Grey I expect from the X-Men and I am going to be incredibly disappointed if they don't fix this in X-Force. In X-Men Red Jean was confident and strong enough to stand up in front of the UN and act as the face and representative for all mutants in the world. All I can say is the only explanation for this Jean is that Charles is rigidly controlling her and he is forcing her personality to be regressed to her 12 or 13 year old self.

They better bring back the real Jean Grey at some point, because Jean and Emma are in my top 3 favourites and they should be equal in confidence and strength of will.

Hopefully. Im still going with my theory about Xavier being behind it as I still think the MG suit is to represent when she was her weakest as she definitely felt more in line with 60s Jean here and not the one from Red with decades worth of experience

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    <sigh> I knew that uniform was going to piss me off at some point. They really have regressed Jean back to the 60's portrayal of Jean. Of all the characters to shunt back to the 60's I honestly don't get it. They might as well have her get hit by some kind of age regression ray and have her be 12 if they are going to portray her as a helpless child that even Monet has to admonish.

I love Emma and I always have, and Jean is supposed to be Emma's equal in determination and confidence. Emma has only ever felt challenged when she faced Jean, and Jean should be strong enough to stand in the same room as Emma Frost and be just as much of a strong character. This is not the Jean Grey I expect from the X-Men and I am going to be incredibly disappointed if they don't fix this in X-Force. In X-Men Red Jean was confident and strong enough to stand up in front of the UN and act as the face and representative for all mutants in the world. All I can say is the only explanation for this Jean is that Charles is rigidly controlling her and he is forcing her personality to be regressed to her 12 or 13 year old self.

They better bring back the real Jean Grey at some point, because Jean and Emma are in my top 3 favourites and they should be equal in confidence and strength of will.
    Pretty much my thoughts

seems to me the writer went out of his way to portray her in the lamest way he could conceive...... if this is supposed to be the way he intends proper 616 Jean to be written I can safely say I had my fill.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I did think her interactions with Cyclops were kinda cute, and in the end she was able to spoilers:
    maintain the link on her own, even with everything going on.
    end of spoilers It wasn't all bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I did think her interactions with Cyclops were kinda cute, and in the end she was able to spoilers:
    maintain the link on her own, even with everything going on.
    end of spoilers It wasn't all bad.
    oooh c'mon the panicking about food and water did border comedic relief
    Last edited by Daedra; 09-04-2019 at 10:39 AM.