Page 41 of 626 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141541 ... LastLast

The Marvel Girl outfit is wonderfully retro (skirt + those glasses). I really love it, but in a different time period and I wouldn't necessarily want to see it updated. Her Marvellous look should have done something with the glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Thanks for the confirmation.

And usually, if Bleeding Cool reports it, there's a pretty good chance of it being true. Their track record is pretty solid so until shown otherwise, I'm going to take this as confirmation.

I still would've preferred Nightcrawler or Colossus. I really have a hard time seeing this having much depth. Again, Bishop tried to murder her son and her adopted granddaughter. He also shot Charles Xavier in the head. They've shown next to no real chemistry throughout their history. They've never had a particularly strong friendship, especially compared to others. And their personalities really don't match. Bishop is a lot grimmer and hardened, having grown up in a dystopian world. Jean is more optimistic, by nature. She sees the best whereas Bishop assumes the worst. Even Logan embraced that vision to some extent and tried to share it with her. It really does depend on how this is handled, but there a lot working against it. At this point, any romance between her and Bishop would really have to be forced and anytime a romance has to be forced, it often ends up damaging both characters.
    I really dont see why they cant date / have a snig, and then figure out they arent compatible, like people actually do.

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    I really dont see why they cant date / have a snig, and then figure out they arent compatible, like people actually do.
    It's because Bishop isn't Scott.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

let's not turn this into more character/ship bashing please. all these characters are heroes, good people and all the fans are people who deserves respect.
    shipping is divisive but we are all here for Jean first other characters/relationships second.
    let's keep it positive.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 01-15-2019 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    i was always told Scott was going to choose Emma. I don’t think Morrison set it up well at all for it to make sense that he was going to be with Jean
    I believe Scott was going to choose Jean too, but here is why (and this is just my personal opinion). During Planet X, once Scott knew Jean and Wolverine were there, didn't he run to Jean and wasn't he saying that he had made a choice between her and Emma? Well, if he was going to use this dangerous moment to tell Jean he chose Emma, then that would be cruel.

Reading the issue I believed Scott was going to tell Jean that he chose her, but of course he was too late as she was failed by Magneto/Xorneto. Jean's death sort of made the whole thing moot, which Morrison designed. We don't know for sure who he was going to choose. Later I believe Jean helped him to move on and not necessarily choose Emma, but gave him the ability to deal with his grief (again just my opinion).

Later it was Pak in Endsong where Scott said he chose Emma (he says this to her), and more recently Bendis flashbacked to the panel.

What do you all think? Was Scott really going to tell Jean that he chose Emma while they were fighting Magneto?

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I believe Scott was going to choose Jean too, but here is why (and this is just my personal opinion). During Planet X, once Scott knew Jean and Wolverine were there, didn't he run to Jean and wasn't he saying that he had made a choice between her and Emma? Well, if he was going to use this dangerous moment to tell Jean he chose Emma, then that would be cruel.

Reading the issue I believed Scott was going to tell Jean that he chose her, but of course he was too late as she was failed by Magneto/Xorneto. Jean's death sort of made the whole thing moot, which Morrison designed. We don't know for sure who he was going to choose. Later I believe Jean helped him to move on and not necessarily choose Emma, but gave him the ability to deal with his grief (again just my opinion).

Later it was Pak in Endsong where Scott said he chose Emma (he says this to her), and more recently Bendis flashbacked to the panel.

What do you all think? Was Scott really going to tell Jean that he chose Emma while they were fighting Magneto?
    I agree with pretty much all your points. Also in reference to Endsong, I interpreted it more as a reference to her proposal to start the school with her. Everything else exhibits Scott as being still in love with Jean. Regardless, it was left open and without a distinct answer given, context and personal interpretation seems to be the best indicator of what might have happened. It's really up in the air, but as you pointed out, would Scott have been that cruel or did he want Jean to realize she had no reason for jealousy?
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Incredible Member

It was left ambiguous and I believe that was deliberate. However, no way were Jott ending up together in Morrison's X Men. Just not happening when you read his quotes about the couple in conjunction with the comics.

Jean and Bishop reminds me of the time that Counselor Troi dated Worf. It just didn’t stick.

Jean was central in today’s Uncanny, still showing compassion but aknowkedging she will do whatever is necessary as a leader. That woman has compassionate balls!

My only question, is when Jean was in Xmans mind, why her body disappeared!!!

And the art panel where Jean showed him her issues / conseqyences of her action, was so ober coloured I could not really work out what she was showing him. Can anyone clarify please? And I liked that Phoenix (as Jean) and Jean being at ine with Ohoenix were both referenced.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post

You seem to remember wrong.

It was Emma Scott ran to and told he had made a choice between them. He never told Jean anything like that.

So going by your own reasoning then, it was Emma he (was written to) chose.

I just read Uncanny X-Men #10. If you're a Jean Grey fan, I think you'll find a lot to love about this issue. She really shines. Her interactions with Nate and the heart she shows is just incredible. I won't spoil it, but it's definitely one of those issues that'll keep X-Men fans talking for a while.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I just read Uncanny X-Men #10. If you're a Jean Grey fan, I think you'll find a lot to love about this issue. She really shines. Her interactions with Nate and the heart she shows is just incredible. I won't spoil it, but it's definitely one of those issues that'll keep X-Men fans talking for a while.
    Sounds good
    But everybody on the uncanny preview thread is saying it sucked. Any other jean fan recommends this?

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    You seem to remember wrong.

It was Emma Scott ran to and told he had made a choice between them. He never told Jean anything like that.

So going by your own reasoning then, it was Emma he (was written to) chose.
    Morrison was very shy when it came Scott choosing Emma or Jean.

My guess he was going to choose Emma. He talked to her that he was going to choose, he could just say that he didn't wanted her. He say nothing.
    I think it is fair to tell the person you doesn't want to be anymore first and then the person you choose for last, to avoid problems.

Then he was going to tell Jean, he choose Emma. But Jean is dying and it doesn't matter anymore and Scott seems to regret thinking about it.

Scott was also married, the only option that should be on his head should be come back to Jean and spologize. That wasnt what he wanted

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    Because love is illegal.

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

A lot of fans seem to be complaining about Uncanny X-Men #10, but overall I liked it!

I liked the telepaths working together. I liked the acknowledgement that Storm and Jean have been gods/goddesses too. I liked how Jean tried to reason with Nate and how she tried to make him understand the suffering they can cause when they play god.