Page 413 of 626 FirstFirst ... 313363403409410411412413414415416417423463513 ... LastLast
Results 6,181 to 6,195 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Well she died, again... very orignal mr Hickman
    Waiting for the red highlight issues to pass judgement, I know everybody seems to be in owe of Hickman but my enjoyment of the x-books has always been relevant to the way Jean was written and clearly I'm none too happy at the moment....after more than a decade of patiently waiting for her come back I'm not gonna settle for any hackjob, this was just 90's cartoon Jean wrapped in her 70's dress.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Waiting for the red highlight issues to pass judgement, I know everybody seems to be in owe of Hickman but my enjoyment of the x-books has always been relevant to the way Jean was written and clearly I'm none too happy at the moment....after more than a decade of patiently waiting for her come back I'm not gonna settle for any hackjob, this was just 90's cartoon Jean wrapped in her 70's dress.
    these next game changing issues that will decide if the changes are good or bad.

I really feel you, it took a long time for Jean get back, and then she is reversed to the 60s persona. not cool

I have been liking the world build on hickman work, but on other side his jean is awful

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Well she died, again... very orignal mr Hickman
    Yeah, that wasn't very good. Specially after Rosenberg killed so many and knowing she will come back fast make everybody deaths feel a little empty.
    At least she was the last one to die.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    How do you guys/girls think she is coming back?
    was this Jean a clone/pod people replacement?

Do you think she could have somewhat survived?
    We saw a bunch or sentinels go for her and Xavier losing contact but we never actually saw her die.
    I wonder if Hickman made her Marvel Girl all over again so he could set her up to be Phoenix end this way he could revamp Phoenix? Stuff like AvX and Phoenix Resurrection sure crapped on the Phoenix.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Yeah, that wasn't very good. Specially after Rosenberg killed so many and knowing she will come back fast make everybody deaths feel a little empty.
    At least she was the last one to die.
    Even her being the last one to die feels hollow. She wasn't the last one to die because she was the badass Jean that we know and love, she was the last one to die because she got jettisoned from the space craft and someone else sacrificed themselves for her so she could be useless.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Even her being the last one to die feels hollow. She wasn't the last one to die because she was the badass Jean that we know and love, she was the last one to die because she got jettisoned from the space craft and someone else sacrificed themselves for her so she could be useless.
    it sounds so much worse when you lay it out like this. Sad but true

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    it sounds so much worse when you lay it out like this. Sad but true
    I am really hoping there's more to this, otherwise this is as bad as Heroes in Crisis.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I am really hoping there's more to this, otherwise this is as bad as Heroes in Crisis.
    what is that?

Jean has a figure coming out next year that looks pretty cute.
    https://www.entertainmentearth.com/p...tent=QMMVL0045

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

what is that?
    A terrible DC event.

what is that?
    Heroes in Crisis was a DC Comics event this past year written by Tom King and drawn by Clay Mann. It was pretty much hated because Wally West (The Flash) was turned into a mentally unstable person who inadvertently kills several other heroes and then frames Harley Quinn and Booster Gold for the deaths. It was meant to be a mini-series dealing with PTSD, but all it will be remembered for is the cannon fodder deaths and damage done to Wally's character.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    Heroes in Crisis was a DC Comics event this past year written by Tom King and drawn by Clay Mann. It was pretty much hated because Wally West (The Flash) was turned into a mentally unstable person who inadvertently kills several other heroes and then frames Harley Quinn and Booster Gold for the deaths. It was meant to be a mini-series dealing with PTSD, but all it will be remembered for is the cannon fodder deaths and damage done to Wally's character.
    Great art though.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    Is it canon? Did it stick? Who died?

BANNED

LMAOOOO Heroes in Crisis?? Really? Did Jean kill another planet? Or did she just not get feats this week? Let's put shit in perspective, please.

Mighty Member

Is it canon? Did it stick? Who died?
    yes
    yes
    A lot of C listers.