Page 420 of 626 FirstFirst ... 320370410416417418419420421422423424430470520 ... LastLast
Results 6,286 to 6,300 of 9381
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

there was someone proposing a nice theory on the HOX#4 thread, it was something like that maybe this was another one of Moira's lifes.

and some others believe these were pod people, made to be completely obedient.
    who knows? that's what is fun at the moment, to see what huge twists have yet to be revealed.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    X-Force (and the upcoming Summers/Grey family book) are entirely unconnected by HoX/PoX. It is completely evident that everyone are just mind control puppets or pod people and slaves to Charles and Magneto. Once this event is over, Jean will return to where she was just after Red. Yeah, watching a character act dumb to tell a plot that has virtually no bearing on anything going forward sucks, but let's not pretend that crying in the corner unable to do anything Jean is anything more than a Charles Xavier power fantasy.
    are you saying HOX/pOX is a filler event? I think it is pretty clear dawn of X follow it

there isn't a summers family book, it is a Scott solo with team players

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    are you saying HOX/pOX is a filler event? I think it is pretty clear dawn of X follow it

there isn't a summers family book, it is a Scott solo with team players
    It may be a setup book, but it's clear that these characters we're seeing in HoX/PoX won't be the characters going forward. Especially since I'm assuming the Scott, Jean, Kurt, and Logan in the forthcoming books are alive. Wild guess there, could be totally wrong.

BANNED

I don't think it's clear anyone are 'mind controlled puppets' yet.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I don't think it's clear anyone are 'mind controlled puppets' yet.
    I mean, the alternative is that everyone suddenly lost their personalities off-panel.

It's how Hickman writes.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

It may be a setup book, but it's clear that these characters we're seeing in HoX/PoX won't be the characters going forward. Especially since I'm assuming the Scott, Jean, Kurt, and Logan in the forthcoming books are alive. Wild guess there, could be totally wrong.
    There is a lot to discover, like the pod people from HOX 1. What me and other noted is that while everyone is a bit weird, only Jean is really out of character

There is a lot to discover, like the pod people from HOX 1. What me and other noted is that while everyone is a bit weird, only Jean is really out of character
    ???

Scott and Logan both are as well. The last time Scott saw Xavier while sane, he kicked him out of the mansion. Now he's even more subservient than he was when he first joined.

Mighty Member

???

Scott and Logan both are as well. The last time Scott saw Xavier while sane, he kicked him out of the mansion. Now he's even more subservient than he was when he first joined.
    Never understood why Charles let Cyclops kick him out of his own house or took all his crap? I mean if Charles had said no what exactly would/could Cyclops have done about it? Charles should have told Scott to kick rocks and get out instead of leaving with his tail between his legs. It would have been interesting to see if Scott would have left, where he would have gone and which X-men would have left with him.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Never understood why Charles let Cyclops kick him out of his own house or took all his crap? I mean if Charles had said no what exactly would/could Cyclops have done about it? Charles should have told Scott to kick rocks and get out instead of leaving with his tail between his legs. It would have been interesting to see if Scott would have left, where he would have gone and which X-men would have left with him.
    At the time? All of them would have left with him. Once Charles's crap became public knowledge, he didn't really have a leg to stand on.

???

Logan still acting like a violent hero and Scott still has his leader skills
    what if it never happened on this timeline?

Logan still acting like a violent hero and Scott still has his leader skills
    what if it never happened on this timeline?
    Without knowing which events happened on which timeline, and which didn't, speculation on any of it is pointless. For all we know, Krakoa lasts two more days before Sentinels annihilate it and create Bishop's future.

The point is that all of the relevant X-Men are acting extremely out of character. Arguing about which ones are more OOC doesn't do a lot of good. Especially since we know this Scott, Jean, and Logan don't remain this way when the Dawn of X books start.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

I mean, the alternative is that everyone suddenly lost their personalities off-panel.
    I'm honestly wondering how much of it is Hickman trying to rewrite the X-men his way in the hopes of uniting them again vs. a story plot. As someone who has read very little of his work, I don't know for sure but his Scott wasn't that far off from what we're getting.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    I'm honestly wondering how much of it is Hickman trying to rewrite the X-men his way in the hopes of uniting them again vs. a story plot. As someone who has read very little of his work, I don't know for sure but his Scott wasn't that far off from what we're getting.
    That's the worst case scenario. I will say this: I don't care if Hickman wrote the best Emma Frost in the history of mankind to the point that Scott Lobdell and Leah Williams create an entire religion to it, if this is REALLY how Hickman is going to have Jean act long term, even as the start of some "getting stronger" storyline, then every Jean fan should rightfully tell him to shove every issue where the sun doesn't shine, and I would be right there with them. If this is how Hickman really sees her for some messed up reason, then he needs to leave the X-books immediately and never come back. It would be the worst character portrayal and character assassination in X-history, hands down. Xorneto herding humans into ovens would be a miracle of perfect writing by comparison.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Here's the thing, though. The X-Men weren't exactly against one another at the end of X-Men Red, Blue, Gold, Disassembled, and Decimation. They were together. The last panel that we saw of the X-Men was of them together after spending an entire issue fighting off Sentinel's. If the reason that they're acting like this is because Xavier wanted them all to be like minded, then it's not necessary for them to have gone this route. They could have honestly just picked up where they left off.

I'll be honest. I'd rather them have picked up where Red left off, with Scott and Logan back via how they were brought back after the fact, and then have the idea of Krakoa presented and have them get to where they are in Dawn of X as opposed to them giving us another event where characters are killed off for shock value and where mutants and humans go to war. Again.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey