Page 421 of 626 FirstFirst ... 321371411417418419420421422423424425431471521 ... LastLast
Results 6,301 to 6,315 of 9381
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    That's the worst case scenario. I will say this: I don't care if Hickman wrote the best Emma Frost in the history of mankind to the point that Scott Lobdell and Leah Williams create an entire religion to it, if this is REALLY how Hickman is going to have Jean act long term, even as the start of some "getting stronger" storyline, then every Jean fan should rightfully tell him to shove every issue where the sun doesn't shine, and I would be right there with them. If this is how Hickman really sees her for some messed up reason, then he needs to leave the X-books immediately and never come back. It would be the worst character portrayal and character assassination in X-history, hands down. Xorneto herding humans into ovens would be a miracle of perfect writing by comparison.
    Well this is hilariously hyperbolic lol

A major Marvel story by Jonathan Hickman where characters are suddenly doing things they wouldn't have immediately prior to the story because significant events occurred during a timeskip?
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Well this is hilariously hyperbolic lol
    I am talking the absolute worst case, which is sadly still in play until the event ends. I don't think it will happen. X-fans will burn CBR and Twitter to the ground, and no one would be able to blame them.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    A major Marvel story by Jonathan Hickman where characters are suddenly doing things they wouldn't have immediately prior to the story because significant events occurred during a timeskip?
    Just because it isn't new doesn't mean that it isn't a damning storytelling practice. Literally lesson one of storytelling is "show, don't tell," and Hickman has gone against that fact since the first issue. He literally has datalog pages specifically to do the opposite of that.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Logan still acting like a violent hero and Scott still has his leader skills
    what if it never happened on this timeline?
    Logan has died and been to hell like twice.
    Kurt has died and been to heaven. And is currently immortal because heaven won't accept him back (so is probably Diéing over and over in the sun).

Their dialogue implies none of this ever happened.
    Mystique was walking around an enemy base in blue skin like a rookie

I don't think they are clones or puppets. It just feels weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Just because it isn't new doesn't mean that it isn't a damning storytelling practice. Literally lesson one of storytelling is "show, don't tell," and Hickman has gone against that fact since the first issue. He literally has datalog pages specifically to do the opposite of that.
    I don't like TRO's timeskip.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

That's the worst case scenario. I will say this: I don't care if Hickman wrote the best Emma Frost in the history of mankind to the point that Scott Lobdell and Leah Williams create an entire religion to it, if this is REALLY how Hickman is going to have Jean act long term, even as the start of some "getting stronger" storyline, then every Jean fan should rightfully tell him to shove every issue where the sun doesn't shine, and I would be right there with them. If this is how Hickman really sees her for some messed up reason, then he needs to leave the X-books immediately and never come back. It would be the worst character portrayal and character assassination in X-history, hands down. Xorneto herding humans into ovens would be a miracle of perfect writing by comparison.
    I'm going to wait and give Hickman the benefit of the doubt for now. Considering Xavier's words in HoX#3 and his words at the end of #4, the whole event seems to be a commentary on the X-men repeating a cycle of death and resurrection. It was upsetting not to see Jean at her best, but it felt as if that was part of his commentary considering the words " fire and death" on a specific panel. As of now I'm unsure on what to make of it, but hopefully the conclusion justifies these specific plot points. If not, well, then by all means his Jean is terrible and there's no defense.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

This is a bad storytelling, we don't even know how long is the time skip

It's actually better if we don't get a specific length because sliding timeline.

It's actually better if we don't get a specific length because sliding timeline.
    Alright, but what was the last event before house of X? we have no idea. it was rosenberg, lemire or bendis run?

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Logan has died and been to hell like twice.
    Kurt has died and been to heaven. And is currently immortal because heaven won't accept him back (so is probably Diéing over and over in the sun).

Their dialogue implies none of this ever happened.
    Mystique was walking around an enemy base in blue skin like a rookie

I don't think they are clones or puppets. It just feels weird.
    Well never thought this about Kurt or Logan scene. It really implies Logan never died.
    or it is just Hickman ignoring things

the plot twist on HOX 5 gonna be really big

At the time? All of them would have left with him. Once Charles's crap became public knowledge, he didn't really have a leg to stand on.
    I'm pretty sure some would stay. I don't think anyone thought he had bad intentions

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Never understood why Charles let Cyclops kick him out of his own house or took all his crap? I mean if Charles had said no what exactly would/could Cyclops have done about it? Charles should have told Scott to kick rocks and get out instead of leaving with his tail between his legs. It would have been interesting to see if Scott would have left, where he would have gone and which X-men would have left with him.
    Exactly. Scott was full of crap too, things were too easy for him.
    Last edited by spirit2011; 09-07-2019 at 04:58 PM.

Didn't they say in issue one that it was more or less five months?
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Didn't they say in issue one that it was more or less five months?
    I don't remember that at all.

I don't remember that at all.
    Yeah, five months ago was when the Krakoa seeds were first planted, so that's the best estimate that we've got. 5-6 months.

Yeah, five months ago was when the Krakoa seeds were first planted, so that's the best estimate that we've got. 5-6 months.
    that is a lot of time to things happen. Death of X happened on the 8 months time skipe after secret wars

that is a lot of time to things happen. Death of X happened on the 8 months time skipe after secret wars
    I'm not saying it's not - I'm saying that we do have an idea of how long the timeskip was.