Page 422 of 626 FirstFirst ... 322372412418419420421422423424425426432472522 ... LastLast
Results 6,316 to 6,330 of 9381
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

This looks cool!
    ED33DY4WkAAxL99.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    This looks cool!
    ED33DY4WkAAxL99.jpg
    Looks like a McNiven piece. It's pretty great anyway.

I know Jean technically wasn't herself on the DPS, but she got those memories after.
    So, do you guys/girls count everything the phoenix did on the DPS as something that Jean did?
    I think it should count because that's her biggest story and it would be weird to leave her out of it.

I know Jean technically wasn't herself on the DPS, but she got those memories after.
    So, do you guys/girls count everything the phoenix did on the DPS as something that Jean did?
    I think it should count because that's her biggest story and it would be weird to leave her out of it.
    I count it as her. She can be absolved of most guilt due to Jason Wyngarde's actions, so needing a further retcon just complicates things.

BANNED

AFAIC Jean was the Phoenix and the Phoenix was Jean. The cocoon at the bottom of the bay was a copout. Morrison hinted at it, among others. (I also think Xorn was Magneto and Magneto was Xorn in Planet X, so YMMV)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I mean, the alternative is that everyone suddenly lost their personalities off-panel.
    "Everyone?" I don't think any of them really are so far. Certainly not Logan, Emma, Kurt or Monet. Scott isn't far off from AvX/Gillen. Jean was in character to me. She didn't want to kill the innocent. Sounds like Jean to me. She didn't wreck all of Orchis by herself after she got half-blown up and a friend she knew since the 60s (or whenever) died in front of her - 'no personality!'
    Last edited by powerpax; 09-07-2019 at 07:28 PM.

I don't think anyone think it isn't Jean

This looks cool!
    ED33DY4WkAAxL99.jpg
    the artist is marc Laming
    Last edited by spirit2011; 09-07-2019 at 08:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    AFAIC Jean was the Phoenix and the Phoenix was Jean. The cocoon at the bottom of the bay was a copout. Morrison hinted at it, among others. (I also think Xorn was Magneto and Magneto was Xorn in Planet X, so YMMV)
    It is like one of the worst retcons of all time. It ruins so many things, I hope it is ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    the artist is marc Laming
    Thanks

I remembered there is a what if about what if Jean had stayed dead and the phoenix force replaced Jean.
    I personally haven't read it, I just know it exist because Rachel appears there and a fan showed me some scans.
    edit:
    like these
    kjgt.jpg
    uikmt.jpg
    Anybody remembers how it ended or what happened?
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 09-07-2019 at 08:58 PM.

I remembered there is a what if about what if Jean had stayed dead and the phoenix force replaced Jean.
    I personally haven't read it I just know it exist because Rachel appears there and a fan showed me some scans.

I think it murders Jean or something like it

I personally haven't read it, I just know it exist because Rachel appears there and a fan showed me some scans.
    edit:
    like these
    kjgt.jpg
    uikmt.jpg
    The story was a 2-parter that covered What If...? (vol. 2) issues 32 and 33. uncannyxmen.net has thorough issue summaries of both.

https://uncannyxmen.net/comics/issue...-2nd-series-32
    https://uncannyxmen.net/comics/issue...-2nd-series-33

Here's the brief descriptions of both:
    Issue 32:
    Phoenix never committed suicide in the Blue Area of the moon. Instead the Shi’ar took away all her powers, leaving her an ordinary human. She becomes depressed and left the team with her newly-married husband, Scott Summers. Magneto abducts ‘Jean’ to Asteroid X where he offers her her powers back. She resists the temptation and refuses After being saved from Asteroid X by the X-Men they return back to Earth where ‘Jean’ becomes the teacher of the New Mutants. Soon after, while the X-Men were away during the Secret Wars, Mastermind under the control of the Shadow King kills Jean and kidnaps her baby daughter Rachel. No longer bound to her mortal coil, she is reborn as the Phoenix once more; and goes in search of the truth. In the waters of Jamaica Bay, she discovers the true Jean Grey. Recognizing what a sham her life is, she instinctively wishes the true Jean dead and thanks to her powers, it happens.
    Issue 33:
    Jean Grey has just learned that she isn’t Jean at all. She is, in fact, the Phoenix who turned herself into a perfect copy of Jean. Driven by jealousy, before she can stop herself, she destroys the real Jean, who was sleeping in a cocoon under Jamaica Bay. Phoenix is horrified by what she has done but realizes she cannot change, it she can only save her daughter Rachel from Mastermind. She finds Mastermind on Muir Isle, a slave of the Shadow King, who has aged Rachel to adulthood to use her as a host. Phoenix wins the battle, destroys the Shadow King and changes Rachel back to her natural, infant form. She returns to the X-Men and keeps up her pretense of being normal, even as the world becomes worse and worse for mutants. When a mutant-hating president is elected, she uses her power to change his mind on the issue, with the consequence that he is assassinated. Meanwhile, Wolverine has noticed Rachel’s nightmares and has figured out what is going on with Jean. He confronts her and tries to kill her. She literally changes his mind, but by now Xavier and Cyclops have learned what happened. Phoenix leaves them, and is thus unaware of the Sentinels’ brutal attack on the X-Mansion that kills many. The surviving X-Men team up with Magneto to attack the Baxter Building, now headquarters of the Mastermold. Phoenix returns to help and, with her help, despite their losses, they manages to shut down the Sentinels. However, later, Destiny warns Phoenix that, if she stays human, sooner or later, she will turn into Dark Phoenix and lose control. With that knowledge, Phoenix is forced to leave her family and rejoin the cosmos, always wondering “what if?”

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    The story was a 2-parter that covered What If...? (vol. 2) issues 32 and 33. uncannyxmen.net has thorough issue summaries of both.

Issue 32:

Issue 33:
    Thanks!
    It sounds really creepy to be honest.
    specially the part about Jean being wished out of existence.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 09-07-2019 at 09:26 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post

Issue 32:

Issue 33:
    Geez that's a dark twist.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Geez that's a dark twist.
    I remember the psychic surgery section being horrible beyond words. Like extreme levels of existential terror.

BANNED

I just thought if something. Every time Moira dies the timeline reboots itself to her point of birth.

It’s what Hickman is using to reboot the XMen, and probably why we have these resurrections.

So it could be that this Jean Grey aka Marvel Girl was never Phoenix.

Maybe Hickman wants to reboot the Phoenix too so he plans on having her become Phoenix later.