Page 424 of 626 FirstFirst ... 324374414420421422423424425426427428434474524 ... LastLast
Results 6,346 to 6,360 of 9381
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    TOTALITY on the HOX/POX thread said something interesting

If Jean was brought back as a clone, with all her memories, would you count that as bringing her back to like?
    Why not it has been Charles' M.O. for years.
    Last edited by Shreene; 09-08-2019 at 07:24 PM.

clone conspiracy, the clones had all memories of the original.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    Why not it has been Charles' M.O. for years.
    I don't understand

I don't understand
    Xavier is technically a clone. He died in the Brood saga but his consciousness was placed in a cloned body. He was brought back in Astonishing X-men in Fantomex's genetically modified body. Not quite a clone but again not his original body

Illyana is technically a clone but everyone accepts her as if she is the original

Jean herself isnt in her original body as she kinda cloned a body for herself in Venomized
    Last edited by Havok83; 09-08-2019 at 07:47 PM.

BANNED

All of Marvel reality is a reconstitution of folks who got deaded by Beyonders. No one in Marvel has their original body besides Doom and some other folks that had a magic space-ship. And that's only if they hadn't lost their original bodies before.

The only thing that makes the person is the collection of remembered/imprinted experiences. If those all of those are there then it's the same person.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Xavier is technically a clone. He died in the Brood saga but his consciousness was placed in a cloned body. He was brought back in Astonishing X-men in Fantomex's genetically modified body. Not quite a clone but again not his original body

Illyana is technically a clone but everyone accepts her as if she is the original

Jean herself isnt in her original body as she kinda cloned a body for herself in Venomized
    A feat I might add that will all but be forgotten simply because Jean did it.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I totally forgot about Venomized!
    The poisons devoured her body but her mind survived and made a new body for herself.
    I don't know if that counts as dying.

I liked her poison desing
    zjhg.jpg
    zhgi.jpg
    poison.jpg
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 09-08-2019 at 08:04 PM.

That isn't true. If it is forgotten, it will be because it makes Jean effectively immortal.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    That isn't true. If it is forgotten, it will be because it makes Jean effectively immortal.
    That wouldn't be a bad thing.
    Last edited by Shreene; 09-09-2019 at 04:23 AM.

BANNED

It has to be forgotten. Jean Grey is not a good telekinetic anymore.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    It has to be forgotten. Jean Grey is not a good telekinetic anymore.
    I don't understand... Please explain.

TOTALITY on the HOX/POX thread said something interesting

If Jean was brought back as a clone, with all her memories, would you count that as bringing her back to like?
    Thanks for the boost! I actually made the case for it in detail on the previous page of this thread, but I put it all in spoiler tags in case anyone hadn’t read HOX/POX, and I later realized that might make people skip over it because it looked like I was just recapping HOX/POX or something, lol.
    ———
    Oh I should reiterate that the crux of my theory is not about being brought back as a clone in general, since I think almost everyone is expecting that, but specifically that the Phoenix cocoon was actually the first instance of Charles and Moira using this technique, and the whole explanation we know was just a ruse on their part.
    Last edited by TOTALITY; 09-08-2019 at 09:35 PM.

I totally forgot about Venomized!
    The poisons devoured her body but her mind survived and made a new body for herself.
    I don't know if that counts as dying.

I liked her poison desing
    zjhg.jpg
    zhgi.jpg
    poison.jpg
    The Poison process is described as killing the victim, which is what happened in all cases except for Jimmy, who sorta survived due to his healing factor. Jean died but effectively pulled herself back due to her pink form power

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I dont think it does bc this was a special case. Jean died in the last issue of HoX but even if Hickman were to acknowledge that power, it couldnt be used to bring her back. Its connected to the hive mind of hundreds of Poisons which superjuiced her powers. Jean was alone in the middle of space in HoX and there werent many beings near her for her to even do a similar feat with when the sentinel attacked. The only mind she ws connected to was Xavier and by his proxy those other X-men but they were millions of miles away and I believe that is far beyond her reach to absorb psychic energy
    Last edited by Havok83; 09-08-2019 at 08:48 PM.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

"We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

The Poison process is described as killing the victim, which is what happened in all cases except for Jimmy, who sorta survived due to his healing factor. Jean died but effectively pulled herself back due to her pink form power

I dont think it does bc this was a special case. Jean died in the last issue of HoX but even if Hickman were to acknowledge that power, it couldnt be used to bring her back. Its connected to the hive mind of hundreds of Poisons which superjuiced her powers. Jean was alone in the middle of space in HoX and there werent many beings near her for her to even do a similar feat with when the sentinel attacked. The only mind she ws connected to was Xavier and by his proxy those other X-men but they were millions of miles away and I believe that is far beyond her reach to absorb psychic energy
    Well, she also did it as an extension of her Pink Form, which explains why Jean died in HoX (as well as the obvious "kill people for shock value because it doesn't matter" session of Hickman's story).