Page 433 of 626 FirstFirst ... 333383423429430431432433434435436437443483533 ... LastLast
Results 6,481 to 6,495 of 9381
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    She has become all pink in the past, but it was never framed as this OP psionic energy absorving form. So from an in-story perspective, yeah, Jean had never done that(as it is stated by Bendis in ANXM), and no, she hasn't done that yet in any comic since her return.
    Yes, I vaguely recall a few instances of it myself, but nothing like that as you say. Well, hopefully we'll see it again.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    No they didn't. The Iron Fist long ago fought against the Phoenix, no one hosted it.
    Fongji definitely hosted the Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post

Well this is becoming some kind of redhead + phoenix combos

I have the AvX trade and I don't recall that panel. What issue is it from?

The story Iron Fist and Spider-Man tell Hope is that the Iron Fist defeated a "Bird of Destiny" in the past with the help of the sacred dragon.

At this point, on another ten years half the Marvel universe will be a Phoenix host

BANNED

I remember that. That's Deodato so it has to be one of the Avengers tie-ins, where IIRC the bulk of the Iron Fist/Phoenix story was told.

Quote Originally Posted by LostZargatan View Post
    It is iconic. She should use that all the time.

It will be cool if she could keep the flames even without the Phoenix. For pure rule of cool.
    Jean’s Phoenix Flame being Psionic/Cosmic and not ACTUAL fire/combustion is too often a stumbling point for people introduced to the Phoenix story and even those TELLING it - didn’t they have Jeans bedroom being scorched during her nightmares signaling the awakening powers- I’d rather find something new or revert back to other energy signatures if she’s not going to be Phoenix.

I *really* appreciated John Byrne’s work during Jeans initial return where she had NO energy signature and he managed to convey telekinesis as the invisible power it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I have the AvX trade and I don't recall that panel. What issue is it from?

The story Iron Fist and Spider-Man tell Hope is that the Iron Fist defeated a "Bird of Destiny" in the past with the help of the sacred dragon.
    New Avengers Volume 2 #27.

Screen Shot 2019-09-13 at 4.07.00 PM.jpg

(This is part of the recap from #26)

New Avengers Volume 2 #27.

Screen Shot 2019-09-13 at 4.07.00 PM.jpg

(This is part of the recap from #26)
    Huh, never knew that. It isn't even on the Marvel Wiki Database. Weird.

Besides, the first human host of the Phoenix was Feron back in 1217. He never went dark, built the Excalibur inter-dimensional lighthouse, and allowed himself to pass away naturally.

BANNED

Pink Phoenix flames are her endgame. Merge the two concepts.

A writer will restore her full Phoenix glory one day, and thank goodness for that. The poor girl is always taking Ls in powers and characterization.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Jean’s Phoenix Flame being Psionic/Cosmic and not ACTUAL fire/combustion is too often a stumbling point for people introduced to the Phoenix story and even those TELLING it - didn’t they have Jeans bedroom being scorched during her nightmares signaling the awakening powers- I’d rather find something new or revert back to other energy signatures if she’s not going to be Phoenix.

I *really* appreciated John Byrne’s work during Jeans initial return where she had NO energy signature and he managed to convey telekinesis as the invisible power it should be.
    Whoa, Invisible TK "looks" good too.

I'd prefer if TK can be consciously made visible or invisible by the user...invisible if stealth is needed, or visible if not, or if used as a light source. Telepathy works that way too, it can produce a visual signature/effect

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    I'd prefer if TK can be consciously made visible or invisible by the user...invisible if stealth is needed, or visible if not, or if used as a light source. Telepathy works that way too, it can produce a visual signature/effect
    Psylocke's most defintely can and has been used as a flashlight

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

This is a nice redesing by an artist called Michael Brower
    Michael Brower.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Psylocke's most defintely can and has been used as a flashlight
    Yes a couple of times...and Jean used her TP to make a mini Phoenix raptor in the beginning of the Revolution era to illuminate the cave hidden treasure she showed to Cable

And in Excalibur #52, Xavier created a mind link with the team and Jean, which charged the air enough to be seen around their heads, and Alistair was trying to touch it. Captain Britain called it psionically induced atmospheric ionization