Page 435 of 626 FirstFirst ... 335385425431432433434435436437438439445485535 ... LastLast
Results 6,511 to 6,525 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    It's a great costume, but it seems to be in place to signify that Jean Grey will be put back in her place, i.e. secondary, incapable, weak. I LOVE the look, but...yeah
    Seeing how she was written in HOX 4, it doesn't look good

funny thing it was the complaint everyone had and then Hickman just wrote Jean like that

All those red heads being phoenix hosts...I think it would be a good idea being Jean reincarnating
    Last edited by spirit2011; 09-13-2019 at 08:48 PM.

Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Do you guys/girls think that being a Phoenix host should extend an individual's life span?
    I think it should, the Phoenix is a symbol of life and death, but mostly about resurrection (which seems way more complicated than preventing aging)
    the problem is that we have seen both, Rachel and Wolverine get old while being Phoenix host.
    It would make sense, considering the ability to resurrect would also imply healing powers can reverse aging. Also, the Phoenix in original real life myths had a long life span. According to these myths once a Phoenix rises from the ashes it can live for at least 500 years before it has to burn up again. Some myths say the Phoenix can even live for over 1400 years.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Seeing how she was written in HOX 4, it doesn't look good

funny thing it was the complaint everyone had and then Hickman just wrote Jean like that

All those red heads being phoenix hosts...I think it would be a good idea being Jean reincarnating
    I think I know what you mean. I've had that same thought about Jea Grey reincarnation. Would be a nest way to get back to the idea that Jean Grey is always Phoenix. Perhaps this version we know is just a blip in her life before she remembers traveling the cosmos thousands of years ago.

"Mother Askani" Rachel said the force left her at some point when she was going back and forth in the timestream. She merely retained a residue of it, but wasn't a full host

Like many here I would have liked the pink form to become a norm of Jean's powerset, but I don't think it will happen. I do think most of the characters power levels will be more down to earth and that includes even the omega mutants. What I liked about the pink power form is that it was a new take on Jean's powers and it could easily replace the Phoenix imagery by giving Jean's abilities a distinct look.

Going forward I hope Jean gets some interesting things to do in X-force. I think we will like seeing her work with Sage (and Beast). I hope she has an important role to play and I hope she is not a damsel or an object for male characters to fight over or go after. We've had enough of Jean as a girlfriend/wife (in my opinion). If she is not going to be a mutant leader/activist then I hope she has a big role to play in mutant intelligence. I like the X-men having roles other than being a superhero.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    "Mother Askani" Rachel said the force left her at some point when she was going back and forth in the timestream. She merely retained a residue of it, but wasn't a full host
    Actually, Rachel never said anything about going back and forth within the timestream...

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Hello Jean Grey Fans, Hope You are all doing Well.

I had a Question I have been wondering and I have been wondering Jean Fans opinions on it;

In House of X and the Series to come after that Jean Grey has been Back in her Classic Marvel Girl Hero Costume.

I think it has been Cool and Lovely seeing Jean in her classic look but what are some are your views of her being in her classic Look for House of X and going forward in the other upcoming Series like X-Men and X-Force where she is shown wearing the Marvel Girl look still?!

Also, is their a Reasoning Hickman or others choose her classic look, I have been curious?!

Thanks for any answers and for your time, Glad to be Talking about Jean Grey again!
    I'm part of the minority that likes the costume. Its one of my favorite costumes for Jean (I love the mask, and colors), and its use again has reignited my love for it. That being said, I don't care if it continues to get used or she's given something else to wear. I am really happy that we're getting to see Larraz draw it. He does a wonderful job.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    This is a nice redesing by an artist called Michael Brower
    Attachment 87046
    Very nice design! I’ve been thinking that we’ve never seen a version of the Marvel Girl look that simply puts Jean in PANTS. But Brower’s design does an excellent job combining signature elements of her iconic looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Very nice design! I’ve been thinking that we’ve never seen a version of the Marvel Girl look that simply puts Jean in PANTS. But Brower’s design does an excellent job combining signature elements of her iconic looks.
    Imagine Jean with the 70's mini-skirt look but with pants. It makes me think of an old Catwoman design - the green outfit with the weird mask (I think she had the look in a Filmation Batman cartoon?)

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    Actually, Rachel never said anything about going back and forth within the timestream...

I had this in mind

Screenshot_20190914-122331_Marvel Unlimited.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I think I know what you mean. I've had that same thought about Jea Grey reincarnation. Would be a nest way to get back to the idea that Jean Grey is always Phoenix. Perhaps this version we know is just a blip in her life before she remembers traveling the cosmos thousands of years ago.
    [It can't be coincidence that we have so many readheads being phoenix hosts.
    Maybe Hope would had served better if she was somehow Jean reincarnate or at least had one piece of Jean. Soemthing like that

The development could be very interesting for Jean

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Imagine Jean with the 70's mini-skirt look but with pants. It makes me think of an old Catwoman design - the green outfit with the weird mask (I think she had the look in a Filmation Batman cartoon?)
    Yup a 60s Marvel Girl pants variant would likely have resembled the green suit era Catwoman...

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    [It can't be coincidence that we have so many readheads being phoenix hosts.
    Maybe Hope would had served better if she was somehow Jean reincarnate or at least had one piece of Jean. Soemthing like that

The development could be very interesting for Jean
    Take the new Moira McTaggart mutant reincarnation thang and give it to JEAN instead. Would have been an easier leap.

BANNED

Take the new Moira McTaggart mutant reincarnation thang and give it to JEAN instead. Would have been an easier leap.
    Yes, god forbid a key X-Men plotline not be about Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Yes, god forbid a key X-Men plotline not be about Jean.
    Like the last 14 years

I think they are different types are eincarnations, moira always go back to the fetus on her mother womb while Jean has different lives
    Last edited by spirit2011; 09-14-2019 at 12:56 PM.