Page 437 of 626 FirstFirst ... 337387427433434435436437438439440441447487537 ... LastLast
Results 6,541 to 6,555 of 9381
    Krakoa is for lovers Blackphoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Hello Jean Grey Fans, Hope You are all doing Well.

I had a Question I have been wondering and I have been wondering Jean Fans opinions on it;

In House of X and the Series to come after that Jean Grey has been Back in her Classic Marvel Girl Hero Costume.

I think it has been Cool and Lovely seeing Jean in her classic look but what are some are your views of her being in her classic Look for House of X and going forward in the other upcoming Series like X-Men and X-Force where she is shown wearing the Marvel Girl look still?!

Also, is their a Reasoning Hickman or others choose her classic look, I have been curious?!

Thanks for any answers and for your time, Glad to be Talking about Jean Grey again!

I'm not a fan of them bringing it back. It's not the 1960s anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Hello Jean Grey Fans, Hope You are all doing Well.

I had a Question I have been wondering and I have been wondering Jean Fans opinions on it;

In House of X and the Series to come after that Jean Grey has been Back in her Classic Marvel Girl Hero Costume.

I think it has been Cool and Lovely seeing Jean in her classic look but what are some are your views of her being in her classic Look for House of X and going forward in the other upcoming Series like X-Men and X-Force where she is shown wearing the Marvel Girl look still?!

Also, is their a Reasoning Hickman or others choose her classic look, I have been curious?!

Thanks for any answers and for your time, Glad to be Talking about Jean Grey again!

I like the costume, I haven't reached HOX yet, can't tell if it is good. The veredict seems to be that Jean hasn't done much.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    So I’m watching the deleted scenes in Dark Phoenix with director commentary on. It’s interesting because it really gives some insight as to kinberg’s priorities and mindset.

In virtually every deleted scene he’s like “we deleted this because jean’s not in it.
    We knew how important it was for this to be a jean story so we wanted to skip and trim all these.”

He’s not wrong that dark Phoenix needs to be jean centric, but it occurs to me on how he’s saying these things that he thinks THAT Is they key to dark Phoenix- making jean central. In other words- it seems like he thinks x3 failed because Phoenix wasn’t the main plot- NOT because of all the other story elements that were crucial to the story (jean’s relationships, shi’ar, having an actual Phoenix raptor, hellfire club l, etc)

In other words i really think he thought making the movie jean centric was enough to do a good dark Phoenix story

(For the record I know it was supposed to be two films and was dramtically altered later- I’m just commenting on the actual product we got).
    This is when they write the movie for the actors / characters they like/want:
    James McAvoy ... Professor Charles Xavier
    Michael Fassbender ... Erik Lehnsherr / Magneto
    Jennifer Lawrence ... Raven / Mystique

The fact that they had to edit the movie to make sure Jean got sufficient screen time makes me wonder if they did anything more than read the Wikipedia summary of the source material. I am not a big fan of Emma being a villain again, but sheesh, just go all out bring back the Hellfire Club, you could have it as the children of the previous Hellfire Club, a new Emma Frost, a Shinobi Shaw, Mastermind, Donald Pearce, Tessa, Henry Leland.

But it would require two movies, the first movie would be Jean's corruption and end with her turning into Dark Phoenix, the 2nd movie would start with Dark Phoenix taking her revenge on the Hellfire Club and causing a lot of collateral damage in the process, like Mystique dying, and then fleeing into space to attack the D'barri homeworld, or Shi'ar space, and then ending with the trial of Jean Grey by the alien races.

Or they could have just did the story more from Jean's perspective the whole time. Struggling to keep the fire in check, her relationship with Scott, finding her emotions going out of control. Show Jean having dreams of the Phoenix rising to show how it is altering her as the story progresses. Have the Phoenix take over a few times in fights against heavy hitting foes and Jean is becoming more and more aggressive, like a bird of prey. You could still have the aliens infiltrating things, but I think the whole shape shifting aliens was just a cheap cop out instead of telling the story with the Shi'ar as participants.

If they had the tension increasing in the first movie and have Jean become Dark Phoenix at the end, in costume too! Where is the darn costume!

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

do you think jean is gonna be cool again like in x men red and the teenage version in the new x men and x force comics?
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    do you think jean is gonna be cool again like in x men red and the teenage version in the new x men and x force comics?
    Hickman's writing X-men, so no to there and we can only ope she will in X-Force but I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Hickman's writing X-men, so no to there and we can only ope she will in X-Force but I doubt it.
    what does mean hickman is writting with jean being like that?

what does mean hickman is writting with jean being like that?
    Hickman is currently writing Jean in HoX and she sucks so Im not optimistic about him continuing to write her

she went this

to this

hoping this is not the real jean version

She looks like a 12 year old girl playing dress up.

I’m so disappointed at her current portrayal. This can’t be the real Jean.

Please give me back X-men Red, badass Jean.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

This better be a fake version of Jean because otherwise not only has Hickman failed us but so have the editors.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

hoping this is not the real jean version
    She looks like she belongs in the kitchen cleaning dishes with those gloves

even if you didnt liked the movie, at least the dark phoenix movie showed jean powerfull

Yeah, fingers crossed she’s either a clone in HoX or there better be a hell of a good in story reason (like Xavier psychically nerfing her, keeping her power in check so she isn’t a threat to him if his plans turn out to be sinister) The Marvel Girl of HoX is LIGHTYEARS behind Red Jean in terms of power and character development, I refuse to believe this is the same Jean we saw in Red or even New X-Men. She lacks that fiery confidence and passion that we’ve all become so familiar with when seeing “our” Jean being written.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post
    Yeah, fingers crossed she’s either a clone in HoX or there better be a hell of a good in story reason (like Xavier psychically nerfing her, keeping her power in check so she isn’t a threat to him if his plans turn out to be sinister) The Marvel Girl of HoX is LIGHTYEARS behind Red Jean in terms of power and character development, I refuse to believe this is the same Jean we saw in Red or even New X-Men. She lacks that fiery confidence and passion that we’ve all become so familiar with when seeing “our” Jean being written.
    She's literally the opposite of everything that Jean has been since the late 90s. The Jean that we've been seeing since at least Lobdell's run has been powerful, confident, competent, and ultimately stunning - the one that we got in HoX had a great singular power feat, but that was all. Otherwise she came across a scared little girl that was too uneasy and unsure to do anything when her friends, including the man that she has loved since she was a teenager, died around her. Red Jean wouldn't have let that happen. She would've went in and domineered that place, and could have used her telekinesis to remove the cuplinks from a distance without an issue.

And hell, even 70s Jean wouldn't have done this. I can't help but shake the feeling that if she had an inability to do anything Jean should have, and would have, reached out to the Phoenix Force.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    She's literally the opposite of everything that Jean has been since the late 90s. The Jean that we've been seeing since at least Lobdell's run has been powerful, confident, competent, and ultimately stunning - the one that we got in HoX had a great singular power feat, but that was all. Otherwise she came across a scared little girl that was too uneasy and unsure to do anything when her friends, including the man that she has loved since she was a teenager, died around her. Red Jean wouldn't have let that happen. She would've went in and domineered that place, and could have used her telekinesis to remove the cuplinks from a distance without an issue.

And hell, even 70s Jean wouldn't have done this. I can't help but shake the feeling that if she had an inability to do anything Jean should have, and would have, reached out to the Phoenix Force.
    Even Jean from the end of the original 60s run had more guts than her. Here she is defeating Magneto and saving the day by herself. Its sad that Hickman's Jean is even more regressive than this

That fiery persona shines in these scans and you can see how passionate she is about saving her friends despite being understimated'

BTW, I prefer how Neal Adams draws the MG costume and has the gloves less prominent and not like cleaning gloves. Those in HoX look ridiculous
    Last edited by Havok83; 09-16-2019 at 03:08 PM.