Page 438 of 626 FirstFirst ... 338388428434435436437438439440441442448488538 ... LastLast
Results 6,556 to 6,570 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    even if you didnt liked the movie, at least the dark phoenix movie showed jean powerfull
    True

The movie as an adaptation of dark Phoenix comic is not very good

The movie as a stand-alone story showing jean be powerful- with some cool fight scenes for other characters too, at least it provides that

I found it entertaining enough to buy, at least.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She looks like she belongs in the kitchen cleaning dishes with those gloves
    Lol, dead

I haven’t been reading house of x and I’ll reserve judgment until we have more of a conclusion, but IF jean is regressed as bad as some people make it out to be, then then I think that greatly validates the complaints that jean’s costume is outdated and a step backwards
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    True

The movie as an adaptation of dark Phoenix comic is not very good

The movie as a stand-alone story showing jean be powerful- with some cool fight scenes for other characters too, at least it provides that

I found it entertaining enough to buy, at least.
    Did it come with the Director's cut?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    She's literally the opposite of everything that Jean has been since the late 90s. The Jean that we've been seeing since at least Lobdell's run has been powerful, confident, competent, and ultimately stunning - the one that we got in HoX had a great singular power feat, but that was all. Otherwise she came across a scared little girl that was too uneasy and unsure to do anything when her friends, including the man that she has loved since she was a teenager, died around her. Red Jean wouldn't have let that happen. She would've went in and domineered that place, and could have used her telekinesis to remove the cuplinks from a distance without an issue.

And hell, even 70s Jean wouldn't have done this. I can't help but shake the feeling that if she had an inability to do anything Jean should have, and would have, reached out to the Phoenix Force.
    I disagree that she should have been able to stop the plot or prevent everyone from dying. My problem with Hickman's take is about the characterization. A good Jean Grey is a fighter, through and through. She should have died hitting back. She's a Rasputin when he thinks she's a Cardinal, to use his own characters as examples.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    This better be a fake version of Jean because otherwise not only has Hickman failed us but so have the editors.
    How can they not be fake? Nearly every A-Lister died. They're either psudocopies or they're non-prime timeline versions. I thought that was obvious from the TPK.

I think some are going to be very disappointed. I think this is our Jean and they aren't clones or pod people (not yet but I think this is how they will be brought back). I think their consciousness is tied to Krakoa or is absorbed by Krakoa as a type of fail safe (that or Xavier is absorbing them using his Cerebro helmet). Their minds will be placed inside the newly created cloned bodies. This is just a guess and we should know real soon. My big fear is that they are really dead but will 'live on' due to Krakoan pod people duplicates. Now that would be something..if they just think they are the originals.

Like many of you I wanted to see Jean show some confidence, resolve, and some fight. I like it when characters lose and get roughed up. I expect them too. It is boring if the hero always win or if the fight is too easy. One of my criticisms of X-men Red was that Jean just kept swatting Cassandra away like a bug. Jean was almost too good, but dang to go from Red to HOX 4 was jarring. I re-read X-Men Red the other day and I regret some of my criticisms because at least we did get to see Jean with resolve and as a leader and strategist.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    How can they not be fake? Nearly every A-Lister died. They're either psudocopies or they're non-prime timeline versions. I thought that was obvious from the TPK.
    That is also an interesting idea that Xavier already cloned them and used the clones as fodder (as in one of the POX books suggests Sinister does with the early chimeras). But I'm still thinking Xavier hasn't got there yet with his 'bringing mutants back from death' technology and that is what he is working on right now (what Forge is working on under Krakoa).

The island will grow back their bodies (or duplicates of their bodies). But I don't know what this means for Wolverine's metal skeleton or Angel's wings (assuming Angel is resurrected with the others).

Who knew after Phoenix Resurrection we would have another Jean Grey death?

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    .Who knew after Phoenix Resurrection we would have another Jean Grey death?
    Me. I think all of us. Her name is Phoenix.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I disagree that she should have been able to stop the plot or prevent everyone from dying. My problem with Hickman's take is about the characterization. A good Jean Grey is a fighter, through and through. She should have died hitting back. She's a Rasputin when he thinks she's a Cardinal, to use his own characters as examples.
    That's the thing, she would have reasonably be able to stop the plot from happening the way that it would have. Either she would or should have Phoenix'd out like the last time all of her friends nearly died, or she would have been able to take care of the big job of undoing the outside cuplinks while Kurt and Logan protected her. Instead Hickman had her stay in the X-Jet cowering like a little girl and then had her die like a coward.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    It'd be different if she was going to actually stay dead or gone. We literally know she comes back somehow already.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I would agree except the breakup with Jean and Phoenix was so pointed so I wouldn't have expected another death so soon. I do think at this point she deserves Phoenix as a code name.

Even Jean from the end of the original 60s run had more guts than her.

That fiery persona shines in these scans and you can see how passionate she is about saving her friends despite being understimated'
    Yeah 60s Jean was no pushover

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Did it come with the Director's cut?
    The digital version I bought just has deleted scenes with director commentary, plus a behind the scenes documentary

It's a really cool statue - especially the flames - but to me the face is caught between "Bishoujo" and "Dark Phoenix" so Jean just looks a bit put out.

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Wrong! Its MARVEL GIRL!!

Even Jean from the end of the original 60s run had more guts than her. Here she is defeating Magneto and saving the day by herself. Its sad that Hickman's Jean is even more regressive than this

That fiery persona shines in these scans and you can see how passionate she is about saving her friends despite being understimated'

BTW, I prefer how Neal Adams draws the MG costume and has the gloves less prominent and not like cleaning gloves. Those in HoX look ridiculous
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    Yeah 60s Jean was no pushover

Yes! Green mini dress Marvel Girl was passionate, strong, bold, and sexy. Too many people forget and think this era of Jean was just like the earliest issues where she was weaker and not as bold. Green Mini dress Jean was an intermediate phase between earliest Marvel Girl and Phoenix. A lot of people think Jean went from 0 to 100 when she became Phoenix and even some creators and comics have suggested this. But, they forget that Jean had leveled up a good bit in the mini dress era. Her telekinesis was more powerful than it was before and now she had powerful telepathy (powerful enough to communicate with others thousands of miles away without Cerebro, hurt Juggernaut through his helmet, and make Hulk fall asleep). As we've discussed before, the idea that Jean has "limitless psychic power" was stated in this era! She first got off to her power and had a cosmic moment (accidentally releasing Blastaar from the Negative Zone) during this era! She would attack villains like Mesmero and Magneto head on during this era.

So regressing Jean to a passive and scared little girl while being in the mini dress really adds salt to the wounds, because she wasn't like that during the mini dress era. I say that, while also liking a lot of aspects of HOX/POX. I also didn't hate Jean's portrayal in her recent death issue as much as some others did. But the interaction with Monet (almost acting like Monet was stronger and more confident and competent than Jean) was annoying.

I also think Jean wearing her late 60's Go-Go outfit in 2019 looks absolutely ridiculous (even though I like the original mini dress era). It is still better than the ugly as hell Red outfit, imho.
    Last edited by PhoenixStudies; 09-17-2019 at 08:35 AM.