Page 441 of 626 FirstFirst ... 341391431437438439440441442443444445451491541 ... LastLast
Results 6,601 to 6,615 of 9381
    Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

In the early years, Jean not only used her tk to levitate, but she also used it to enhance her running and jumping on several occasions. I'll post the pics when I get home later this evening (if someone doesn't beat me to it and y'all are more than welcome to do that!)

Jean asserting her leadership potential with a plan of attack...essentially simulating Iceman's Ice Golem skill he would learn to do much later. She's even telekinetically choking Blastaar with one of the ice golems

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Better quality:

https://twitter.com/rdauterman/statu...88270809632770

Jean is Dauterman's favorite character <3 I think Larraz said that too.
    This is SO MUCH BETTER than that HoX Generations cover. New X-Men Jean rules.

That cover is spectacular! Needs to be a t shirt

Wow--love that cover. So great to see Jean rendered so lovely and lovingly by artists that enjoy drawing her. (She's certainly *my* favorite to draw!)

Some examples of Jean enhancing her running and jumping with her telekinesis.

The 2nd image is from the Marvel Girl "backstory" in Uncanny #57 which explains her powers. After that panel she explains that she can also levitate up and down over a wall.

Jean being in an active volcano and not dying on the spot is quite a feat in and of itself.

Jean using her TP on a robot. Who says she'd be useless against a sentinel?
    Last edited by Havok83; 09-17-2019 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Better quality:

https://twitter.com/rdauterman/statu...88270809632770

Jean is Dauterman's favorite character <3 I think Larraz said that too.
    This is so beautiful it makes me want to cry, haha. Seriously, though, this needs to be a poster.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jean being in an active volcano and not dying on the spot is quite a feat in and of itself.

Hickman.

"We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Hickman seeing Jean bravely take the onus to guide the shuttle through deadly radiation like a hero.

You know, Jean being able to absorb psychic energy makes sense with a lot of things she has done in the past...

Jean's telepathy was re-awakened when Xavier "shared" some of his with her (by shared did she absorb some of his psychic energy and that unleashed her dormant telepathy-- is that how the psychic barriers were lifted?). Jean acted as a psychic funnel during the Z'Nox battle, channeling all that psychic energy from Xavier to the energy wielders (Havok and Cyclops). Jean being able to absorb Betsy's telepathy during the six month gap and being able to access Cable's telekinetic energy in Revolution is also consistent with this ability. Jean being the most powerful wielder of the Phoenix Force and having the strongest influence over it and being able to control the White Hot Room (as shown and stated in Jean Grey #11) and even being able to absorb Phoenix and Maddie back in Inferno is consistent with this as well, imho.

I kinda wish Jean had been listed as Omega for psychic energy manipulation (due to her Pink Form psychic absorption and augmentation and Phoenix Force wielding). That way she would have been different from Quentin.

Or Xavier should have been the omega telepath and Jean the omega telekinetic and forget Quentin and Exodus lol.

Xavier has done planetary telepathy before (channeling the thoughts and feelings of an entire planet) and has even fought Galactus with his telepathy and astral form. He has also done intergalactic telepathy (during the original X-Men years he projected his thoughts into "infinite space" to summon the Stranger and it was noted as Xavier's most powerful feat at the time). Xavier also fought Dark Phoenix in psychic dual on "infinite planes of existence".

Yet, he is not an omega level telepath. If he can do all that at alpha level, what can Jean and Quentin do at omega level?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

On another website, a fan identified this feat as psychometry because Jean was reading the psychic emanations of (or on) a machine. I hadn't considered it that way before. I always thought of her reading the "mind patterns" of the last people in a room to discover what took place there as more akin to psychometry.

Jean discovers that Alex had been attacked and kidnapped there in his dorm room this way.

There were a couple of moments where Jean sensed something about to happen or had a sense about a place, but it wasn't clear how she was using her powers.

In this instance, Jean sensed the oncoming blast right before. Did she hear the thoughts of the attackers or was it more like a premonition?

Last edited by PhoenixStudies; 09-17-2019 at 08:40 PM.

In Uncanny 52, the X-Men come across a recording by Magneto saying he booby trapped the place with explosives. The others don't believe it, but Jean can sense mental vibrations left in the room and knows that the recording is stating the truth.

Is she sensing Magneto or Mesmero's earlier thoughts? Is her telekinetic sensitivity picking up the explosive devices? Its not clear. The "mental vibrations" phrase makes me think she is using her telepathy.
    Last edited by PhoenixStudies; 09-17-2019 at 08:42 PM.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

From Avengers #111 (1973). Rather weird to see Jean without red hair here.

I posted several weeks (months?) back about how Jean sensed emotions sometimes during X-Factor while she didn't have telepathy. Not only did she sense baby Nathan's emotions, but she also sensed the Celestial's emotions in the Judgment War storyline. In a couple of Annuals she sensed emotions and psychic phenomena. Well, in X-Factor #57 and #58 she also senses emotions. Jean even mentions that she isn't suppose to have telepathy anymore and misses the power but was able to make a "telepathic, empathic" connection. She actually mentions the empathic aspect of her psychic powers. She is also able to follow a psychic imprint.