Page 443 of 626 FirstFirst ... 343393433439440441442443444445446447453493543 ... LastLast
Results 6,631 to 6,645 of 9381
    Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

i miss so much x men red and the teenage version

we can be heroes, just for one day

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    yeah how is the MG incarnation of Jean, the perfect, optimal version of her. Like WTF?!?!
    Maybe perfect from Xavier’s perspective? There’s only a couple issues left but I dont know if there is room to reveal that xavier reset Jean/Cyke or has the real versions somewhere else. Maybe the forbidden area on Krakoa?

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I think people are over thinking the "Marvel Girl" codename. Its just being used for Jean's Mutant name, and I don't think its referencing that particular era.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I think people are over thinking the "Marvel Girl" codename. Its just being used for Jean's Mutant name, and I don't think its referencing that particular era.
    No one is focusing on the codename. Call her just Jean Grey and the complaints would be the same. The dress most definitely is referencing a particular era and Jean's portrayal thus far is a very regressive version from that era. It has to be intentional

All-New Member

EErX5Q0VUAEKnjV.jpg

This has to be the most beautiful Jean Grey variant covers ever.

No one is focusing on the codename. Call her just Jean Grey and the complaints would be the same. The dress most definitely is referencing a particular era and Jean's portrayal thus far is a very regressive version from that era. It has to be intentional
    People have focused on the codename though, and the outfit. Citing that it's regressing the character, when I don't think that's the intention behind it. I don't think think that era is being utilized to be the "perfect incarnation of Jean".

Fantastic Member

I really love Jean but this whinning here gets ridiculous when we have seen almost nothing. Relax and wait for future issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    All today’s issue confirms is Hickman thinks the real Jean is meek, passive and folds faster than a paper napkin.

A throwback moment pulling on nostalgia isnt going to make up for weak characterization.
    I think that's a stretch. This would only be true if he never writes Jean in a different way. Perhaps he simply didn't effectively convey that Jean was only acting like this due to the circumstances of the situation. The criticism is valid in that regard.

But if she assumes a different attitude in the upcoming books, including those written by Hickman and those by the Dawn of X authors, then this should be considered as nothing more than an arguable misstep, rather than some grand statement on her characterization.

Plus, all things considered, I don't think this issue has ended all of the relevant reveals about the process and what Xavier is doing.

People have focused on the codename though, and the outfit. Citing that it's regressing the character, when I don't think that's the intention behind it. I don't think think that era is being utilized to be the "perfect incarnation of Jean".
    Today's issue states that the characters are their perfect optimal version and Jean was looking and acting like the Jean from the O5 days. We'll see if that's still the case with the resurrected version

Today's issue states that the characters are their perfect optimal version and Jean was looking and acting like the Jean from the O5 days. We'll see if that's still the case with the resurrected version
    She did look super young. Though, I will say I thought Lorna looked very young as well. I'm not sure if its a plot point, or just how Larraz draws certain characters.

Although I haven't thought Hickman's Jean is as bad as others, you can't really fault people for being concerned/weary. Her exchange with Monet wasn't the best in the previous issue, and I think if that had been any other character, their fans would just as concerned.

Fantastic Member

She did look super young.
    She looked ok to me with her fabulous long hair.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhoenix View Post
    She looked ok to me with her fabulous long hair.
    Today's issue was a bit better, but in issue four she looked very, very young.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I prefer for Jean to look like an adult woman. Around 30 if posible
    that being said Jean is like 27, some people keep youngish looks for very long.
    This whole resurrection process could allow her body to have whatever age she wants.

Jean still feels off to me...that "Oh..." before the callback phrase she said to Storm, felt rehearsed, or like a line reading

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    Jean still feels off to me...that "Oh..." before the callback phrase she said to Storm, felt rehearsed, or like a line reading
    I read it as just Jean’s offbeat personality. I think Morrison once described Jean as slightly off center, and I think it works. Of course the whole quote was a callback to an earlier quote by Jean.

I do think it is valid to be worried, but I’m hoping for good things going forward. Jean may end up great in X-force.