Page 457 of 626 FirstFirst ... 357407447453454455456457458459460461467507557 ... LastLast
Results 6,841 to 6,855 of 9381

I feel that in this HOX/POX book Hickman didn't really care when it comes to Jean characterization.I don't know if it's because Emma or some others are his favoured ones but after I read POX#5 I'm starting to see it. But hey that's life I guess

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Black Queen View Post
    I feel that in this HOX/POX book Hickman didn't really care when it comes to Jean characterization.I don't know if it's because Emma or some others are his favoured ones but after I read POX#5 I'm starting to see it. But hey that's life I guess
    Ugh, that bad huh.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

It appears that spoilers:
    Jean is going to be a part of Krakoa's council, which after Red and even before that makes perfect sense. I'm holding onto the tiniest slivers of hope that her portrayal in HoX 4 was a fluke.
    end of spoilers
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Yeah and least spoilers:
    Jean is on the Council
    end of spoilers, but she may be a spoilers:
    rebooted telepath. Now we know that powerful and skilled telepaths can put previous versions of their minds/memories in their bodies and "reboot" themselves.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    It appears that spoilers:
    Jean is going to be a part of Krakoa's council, which after Red and even before that makes perfect sense. I'm holding onto the tiniest slivers of hope that her portrayal in HoX 4 was a fluke.
    end of spoilers
    How do you get that? Id love it but I wouldnt count on it considering Hickman hasnt really respected Jean's development

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    How do you get that? Id love it but I wouldnt count on it considering Hickman hasnt really respected Jean's development
    I agree...didn't get anything from this issue in particular that points to that, although I'd like for it to be the case

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    I agree...didn't get anything from this issue in particular that points to that, although I'd like for it to be the case
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Some are speculating that this is the council created on this issue
    council.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    council.jpg
    https://www.comicsbeat.com/powers-of...QgnFAyDOX5S2QQ

I know some people are getting anxious that Jean isn't getting panel time. But it's already been indicated that Jean has a seat on the 14 member ruling council. So she is on the ruling council, she is a core member of X-Force, and she is a rotating member of the X-Men. I think Jean is going to be pretty active in the books when Dawn of X gets going at the end of October.

I actually love the fact that Jean is a member of the ruling council. Some people explained too it makes sense why Beast, Scott, and Logan aren't. They are keeping the leadership of the military and leadership of the ruling council as separate bodies. Scott, Logan, and Beast head the military operations, and Jean, Storm, Kurt, and Emma are all members of the ruling council so they are focused on managing the nation.

My prediction is that Kurt is nominated as the first head of the council as president or first minister, or something like that. Jean is probably minister of internal affairs. Storm and Emma are sharing economy and external affairs. I think each villain on the council is matched against someone who is not a villain.

Jean, Storm, and Kurt counter Sinister, Mystique, and Exodus
    Emma Frost and the 2nd Queen counter Sebastian Shaw
    Xavier and Magneto counter Apocalypse

Anyway, I think this is important going forward and that Jean's presence on the ruling council is going to be significant in the first phase of Dawn of X.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

I think it was really obvious on Hox 4 when Monet humiliated Jean. and twitter was all making fun of Tas jean fainting.
    I knew it would happen

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    council.jpg
    With the way he writes Jean, i'm not excited for this. Also why would a image spoil something that clearly was censored on the book?
    Last edited by spirit2011; 09-25-2019 at 07:55 AM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    With the way he writes Jean, i'm not excited for this. Also why would a image spoil something that clearly was censored on the book?
    I don't know if this image spoiled it. It is at the moment pure speculation but I think it is likely

Fantastic Member

If Jean is to be in the council why regress her? It would've been ideal for a fully developed Jean to be part of the council. That sounds counter-intuitive, unless...

Quote Originally Posted by mike7171 View Post
    If Jean is to be in the council why regress her? It would've been ideal for a fully developed Jean to be part of the council. That sounds counter-intuitive, unless...
    If she is on the council on the same way that she was on HOX 4, completely childish, this isn't a improbement or anything else.
    if she has no power it isn't a improvement either

Quote Originally Posted by mike7171 View Post
    I don't know. I think we won't find out what is up with Jean until X-Men and X-Force start going. I am honestly a bit confused myself.

To be perfectly honest, there are significant differences with how Jean and Emma can be controlled in this new state of things.
    Emma has a lot of guilt for the Helions, Generation X, Genosha, and the kids who died in Decimation. Someone with survivors guilt can be influenced to back this whole thing with the promise of bringing all these kids back and saving any future kids from going through that. Emma is going along with this even though she has suspicions about Xavier and Magneto, because she wants to bring those kids back.

Jean is different, it's a bit harder to find an easy in to get her to go along with everything. She is more powerful than Xavier, and if she opposed him she might just go join the Avengers or something, or try to warn everyone that Xavier and Magneto aren't completely on the up and up. It's very possible that the uniform is a clue, and the Jean has been reverted back to the time she actually wore that uniform regularly, before Phoenix, and before Madelyne Pryor.

I am actually really curious what will happen if Jean connects with the Phoenix force, or encounters Madelyne at some point. Madelyne out of anger towards Xavier and Magneto might just free Jean's mind to spite them and as a way of throwing a big giant wrench into their plans. I would kind of love it if Madelyne and Jean ended up allied together for some reason, it would make for an interesting turn in the whole story.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

The Jean Hickman wrote is simply jean. People are find excuses for the bad writing, but I don't see evidence that she isn't Jean.
    he even copied the dialogue that she says that "she is the only one". So there isn't any other versions