Page 458 of 626 FirstFirst ... 358408448454455456457458459460461462468508558 ... LastLast
Results 6,856 to 6,870 of 9381
    Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Jean wasn't even in this issue. I don't get what the problem is.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Exactly...

because it is clear Hickman benefits his favorites?

He said she was going to be prominent

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

We've had Jean stories since Bendis brought in Teen Jean. Y'all need to chill.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Exactly...
    I mean, a lot of the other X-Men haven't been featured too heavily either. These books have mostly been about Moira, Xavier, Magneto, and really confusing future stuff. I get people want to see their favorites, but most of this story has been about set up, so it doesn't bother me too much that she isn't featured in a major role. I'm (hoping) that X-Force will give us some good Jean moments.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    We've had Jean stories since Bendis brought in Teen Jean. Y'all need to chill.
    It doesn't matter if everyone ignore them.

pink power=ignored
    being a leader=ignored

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    because it is clear Hickman benefits his favorites?

He said she was going to be prominent
    He also said he told a bunch of lies. Jean's role was one of them

I mean, a lot of the other X-Men haven't been featured too heavily either. These books have mostly been about Moira, Xavier, Magneto, and really confusing future stuff. I get people want to see their favorites, but most of this story has been about set up, so it doesn't bother me too much that she isn't featured in a major role. I'm (hoping) that X-Force will give us some good Jean moments.
    Moira was heavy in the first few issues and has all but disappeared. Several X-men have been given significant roles like Emma, Storm, Scott, Mystique, etc.... Even Kurt and Monet were able to do alot with little

With that said, the complaints with Jean didnt just start with Hickman. Its been a theme for all of 2019 as this has been a horrible year for her. My first post in this thread was being annoyed at her treatment in the books and 9 months later, that has not changed. Excuse me for being disgruntled bc Marvel hasnt given most fans faith to be optimistic when it comes to her

Really the only amazing thing about Jean this year has been some of the awesome covers she's been on. Content within the books however has ranged from lacking to cringeworthy
    Last edited by Havok83; 09-25-2019 at 09:20 AM.

He also said he told a bunch of lies. Jean's role was one of them
    sure it was, and I'm not expect to comply to that

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

pink power=ignored
    being a leader=ignored
    We don't know they're being ignored. The X-Men are obviously being mentally manipulated right now, and we don't know what Percy is doing with Jean yet.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    We don't know they're being ignored. The X-Men are obviously being mentally manipulated right now, and we don't know what Percy is doing with Jean yet.
    I don't really believe on that. Everyone got their own personalit but not Jean? no way

i'm not sure about percy, but if he is following Hickman we might not get the Jean we expect.

I don't really believe on that. Everyone got their own personalit but not Jean? no way

i'm not sure about percy, but if he is following Hickman we might not get the Jean we expect.
    I don't think everyone got their personality but Jean though. I think everyone other than Logan and Monet were off in HoX. Scott and Kurt were acting retrograde as hell and there's no way Raven would be as dumb as to let herself get spaced.

I trust Percy; I've only read one run by him but he wrote his female characters well, including writing Starfire leading the Teen Titans.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

pink power=ignored
    being a leader=ignored
    You should blame Brisson, Rosenberg and Taylor for the lack of the pink power up.

Also the X-Men rotate leadership all the time. Xavier and Mags are back in power now.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I don't think everyone got their personality but Jean though. I think everyone other than Logan and Monet were off in HoX. Scott and Kurt were acting retrograde as hell and there's no way Raven would be as dumb as to let herself get spaced.

I trust Percy; I've only read one run by him but he wrote his female characters well, including writing Starfire leading the Teen Titans.
    Mystique is a character that got a bit of decent panel time before her death and she didnt seem off. Her characterization seemed on point. I didnt really feel Scott and Kurt were off either. Scott felt like a mix of Bendis and Rosenberg's most recent rendition of the character. Kurt didnt seem all that different from Red and Gold to be honest. I thought Jean has been the one standout of a glaring difference

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    You should blame Brisson, Rosenberg and Taylor for the lack of the pink power up.

Also the X-Men rotate leadership all the time. Xavier and Mags are back in power now.
    well he did say everyone

Mystique is a character that got a bit of decent panel time before her death and she didnt seem off. Her characterization seemed on point. I didnt really feel Scott and Kurt were off either. Scott felt like a mix of Bendis and Rosenberg's most recent rendition of the character. Kurt didnt seem all that different from Red and Gold to be honest. I thought Jean has been the one standout of a glaring difference
    Scott's way too timid and subservient to Charles, to be completely honest with you, and Kurt was way too much of a jokester. Unless the characterizations of these characters have been reset like it states in the datalogs is possible, they shouldn't exactly be like that. I actually suspect that might be what's happened, and Xavier is trying to make the X-Men act like his ideals of them, which will be revealed and reversed at some point using the hard copies that are effectively in Cloud Storage.

BANNED

I don't find Scott 'timid and subservient' at all. He is a committed general, with some concerns about Xavier's new approach. That has been indicated to heighten the moral ambiguity of the new X-Men status quo. But timid and subservient? We're reading different books.

And Kurt has always made jokes, more often than not. He has not been grimdark in recent years.

People banking on the 'it's mind control' thing need to let it go.