Page 461 of 626 FirstFirst ... 361411451457458459460461462463464465471511561 ... LastLast
Results 6,901 to 6,915 of 9381

The costume is from PR 5, but that pic looks like fan art. Those boobs are strange!

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    The costume is from PR 5, but that pic looks like fan art. Those boobs are strange!
    It is fan art

I liked the Powers of X issue 5. There wasn't much to it, but I continue to enjoy the overall story. I am curious about the ruling council and was presently surprised to read the spoiler article about it. It could be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I liked the Powers of X issue 5. There wasn't much to it, but I continue to enjoy the overall story. I am curious about the ruling council and was presently surprised to read the spoiler article about it. It could be interesting.
    If Hickman can write Jean with some personality. For now I think she will be just there

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    If Hickman can write Jean with some personality. For now I think she will be just there
    She has though. The Jean from the space issue had her heart.

I think after today's issue, I no longer feel what Hickman is doing is a mistake. They revealed the Xavier has, twice in the past, done legacy back ups on rebirths. That to me seems to apply to Jean. Maybe even Cyclops? Both of them kinda broke away from Xavier thanks to the Phoenix (which I think will come into play at one point).

He noted Jean as the the omega telepath. That will also come into play at one point.

The fact Emma seems to be the go-to-telepath has more today with the fact that she'll cross lines Jean won't. That's what makes her more "powerful" than Omega Jean. When Jean pushes her power, "unethical" things tend to happen. Makes sense too.

With that said, this all depends on Hickman truly having a plan with Jean, like I predict he does.
    Last edited by RamaBird; 09-25-2019 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post

I think after today's issue, I no longer feel what Hickman is doing is a mistake. They revealed the Xavier has, twice in the past, done legacy back ups on rebirths. That to me seems to apply to Jean. Maybe even Cyclops? Both of them kinda broke away from Xavier thanks to the Phoenix (which I think will come into play at one point).

He noted Jean as the the omega telepath. That will also come into play at one point.

The fact Emma seems to be the go-to-telepath has more today with the fact that she'll cross lines Jean won't. That's what makes her more "powerful" than Omega Jean. When Jean pushes her power, "unethical" things tend to happen. Makes sense too.

With that said, this all depends on Hickman truly having a plan with Jean, like I predict he does.
    That i sjust how he choose to write because Emma is his favorite.

i'm not sure he has plans for Jean, he couldn't care less for her on HOX POX, he basically wrote her because she is a big name and to call the fans to buy it

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    That i sjust how he choose to write because Emma is his favorite.

i'm not sure he has plans for Jean, he couldn't care less for her on HOX POX, he basically wrote her because she is a big name and to call the fans to buy it
    House of X is literally just the story of Charles, Erik, and Moira. Does he hate Scott, Kurt, Raven, Warren, Paige, and Monet too?

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    House of X is literally just the story of Charles, Erik, and Moira. Does he hate Scott, Kurt, Raven, Warren, Paige, and Monet too?
    LOL this won't work on me.

This just made me want to have Jean on avengers, at least Aaron seems to like Jean
    Last edited by spirit2011; 09-25-2019 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post

Jean being an omega telepath already came into play. She was able to maintain the TP connection with Xavier from space bc of that

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jean being an omega telepath already came into play. She was able to maintain the TP connection with Xavier from space bc of that
    The effect of that is pretty dampened between needing Monet to help with the link initially, getting told to "try harder"...and not knowing how much of the effort is split between Jean's end and Xavier's end

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Some are speculating that this is the council created on this issue
    Attachment 87467
    If this really is the council, then I'm excited for Jean to be a part of it. Some interesting dynamics there.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    The effect of that is pretty dampened between needing Monet to help with the link initially, getting told to "try harder"...and not knowing how much of the effort is split between Jean's end and Xavier's end
    Yeah, it was never treated as a major feat on the story and Xavier and the cuckoos seemed to do the big lift

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

At the end of the day, Jean was able to maintain the link on her own. Regardless of her asking for Monet's help, she still did it up to her death. Its an impressive moment, and I don't think it should be taken too lightly.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Black Queen View Post
    I feel that in this HOX/POX book Hickman didn't really care when it comes to Jean characterization.I don't know if it's because Emma or some others are his favoured ones but after I read POX#5 I'm starting to see it. But hey that's life I guess
    Ugh, can I just say while I enjoy the general direction, must all the major X-men outside of Logan be revert to "sir" and looking to Charles for all things. Hadn't we moved pass that, its disappointing imo that Emma and Mags are treated as equals both in the comic and their writing, whereas major X-men are back to "Professor Xavier", and "What do we do?" I absolutely feel Charles deserves his place in the X-men but not at the expense of long time members regressions!

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I don't find her to be passive or cowardly in House of X. You do, that's you, fine. But AFAIC Jean had a job on that mission and she fulfilled it unto her death. She wasn't 'cowering,' she did what the mission parameters needed of her. Or are we forgetting that if Jean hadn't maintained the uplink, there would be no direct mental upload for Cerebra and the Five's resurrection protocols?

Monet's literal job was to stay there with her and guard her with that uplink which was clearly a strain. Jean was not demanding protection. That's their roles in-story. It was not presented as "Jean can't hack it, begs Monet for help."

You wanted Jean to show out offensively on that mission? Fine. But that was not the story's choice or purpose. It was not what she was put there to do. And it's not the first time she's had that kind of role. As for the Sentinels, no, I'm sorry, but short of being the host for the Phoenix, a wounded and traumatized Jean Grey is not going to be able to perpetually battle a horde of Sentinels in the vacuum of deep space.

It is a movement and a revolution which borders on a cult. It's supposed to be potentially unnerving. It also is, to me, an in-character response to decades of hatred, persecution and extermination.

Here's the problem with your assessments it's not about her powers, or panel time, it's that the little we've seen has been incredibly subpar. One of my favorite moments in this series was how terrifying Destiny was she appeared only on a few panels and in that time he captured her personality and sense of self in ways I didn't know possible having read little of her previously. What I and many others are saying is especially because of what we've seen she is lacking all around even in relationship to those with less panels.

You don't agree that fine, but you can not tell others what's their experience especially when while far and few in between she's had better writing.

The only things of note for me were the mentions of Galactus and the Phoenix for the latter I found it interesting how its described!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Very true! Even if Monet helped her a bit, it's still the biggest telepathic trick done yet. Look at Emma, what makes her bad ass isn't that she's a better telepath. It's that her best scenes, we don't even know she's using her powers. She's ruthless and crosses lines we all wish we could but know we shouldn't). Jean still has the biggest telepathic scene in this story yet.

I remember someone bringing up how in XBLUE during the Venom crossover, teen Jean easily pulled a greater stunt, yet are you serious? This multiple timelines story allows us to do away with the bad. XBLUE sucked overall. Yes Cullen is great but he's great with adult characters not teens. There's certain history best left unsaid. Especially ones that over-power main characters.

Her use so far raises so many questions (she really does seem inexperienced so far) but Hickman already laid ground to explain that (him restoring two mutants to their "earlier" years).
    Last edited by RamaBird; 09-25-2019 at 04:41 PM.