Page 467 of 626 FirstFirst ... 367417457463464465466467468469470471477517567 ... LastLast
Results 6,991 to 7,005 of 9381

Have we talked about Jean’s role in the Summer council?
    First X-Lady

but as you are seeing in the series so far, it’s not a simple team story—it’s all of Mutantkind. And we knew we could not redesign costumes for all of mutantkind. So we tweaked a couple that we had specific ideas for, and for everyone else we chose the best of their classic looks.
    So after Phoenix, 90s and mini skirt where else can they go?
    First X-Lady

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    Black Queen! The Hellfire Trading Company could always use more members on the Inner Circle. It's time for Jean to embrace her inner Black Queen.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Revolution? x-factor?
    Marvel girl is a old look, but a classic? no way

Quote Originally Posted by mike7171 View Post
    The mere fact JDW did not want to answer the MG costume and pushes it to Hickman, tells me there's a *story* behind it. And hopefully we get the explanation we need!

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...30-x-costumes/
    Let's see then. I just think it is a choice, just that

A new one? Adult Jean hasnt had a unique design since New X-men. Everything since Jim Lee up until that run and since her return has been variations of old costumes. Id be here for an all new look. Teen Jean at least got 2 costumes that werent tweaks inspired by old looks

Yeah, the second and fourth/final ones. Though the boot design of the last one matches Morrison's and that look did come with a jacket. Maybe combine the New X-Men and X-Men Blue designs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    DPS is the last time she’s actually worn it and it wasn’t her regular costume.
    I remember that scene from the cartoon - they really did their best to be faithful to the comics (they substituted Beast for Nightcrawler, and Rogue for Colossus, and Jean didn't die at the end). It's a scene they could've easily omitted.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 09-30-2019 at 10:22 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I remember that scene from the cartoon - they really did their best to be faithful to the comics (they substituted Beast for Nightcrawler, and Rogue for Colossus, and Jean didn't die at the end). It's a scene they could've easily omitted.
    It was. That was my first intro to the story and was surprised how faithful it was to the comics once I read the actual story. The Dazzler bit though, I always found odd and didnt think it quite fit or added much

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It was. That was my first intro to the story and was surprised how faithful it was to the comics once I read the actual story. The Dazzler bit though, I always found odd and didnt think it quite fit or added much
    yeah, they did many redesigns for dawn of X

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I was reading Jean's X-Men Monday again, and I don't think we've seen this picture in a book yet right?

It doesn't look like RB or Pepe, so I'm guessing this is from X-Force? Unless its appeared prior and I don't recall the panel.
    That's definitely X-Force, the shading on the nose looks too much like what Cassara usually does.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I do not believe we have seen this art yet. I wasn't sure who the artist is. I thought someone at the time thought it was Yu's but I'm not sure it looks like his work. Could it be the artist on X-force? I am not familiar with his art.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    This looks a lot like Casara's art. It reminds me of Carmen Carnero's? I'm excited.
    Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    That's definitely X-Force, the shading on the nose looks too much like what Cassara usually does.
    Yeah, it seemed more like X-Force to me as well. After I posted I thought perhaps it could have been from Yu's X-Men, but it doesn't look much like his distinct style. This panel in particular does seem like something similar to Carmen's work, and has me excited to see more. It was cool that they showed us something so early, before the book was even announced.

Hope we get more info on X-Force soon.
    First X-Lady

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Yeah, it seemed more like X-Force to me as well. After I posted I thought perhaps it could have been from Yu's X-Men, but it doesn't look much like his distinct style. This panel in particular does seem like something similar to Carmen's work, and has me excited to see more. It was cool that they showed us something so early, before the book was even announced.
    Check out a bit more of the artist's work in the Dawn of X trailer on Marvel YouTube, I was skeptical and WRONG at first, based on other limited exposure to his work. X-Force is going to be aesthetic af.

You know, if Jean insists on wearing that minidress, she should at least wear an all black version in the pages of Xforce.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Hope we get more info on X-Force soon.
    Same. Its the title I'm most excited for. I wish Percy would do an interview, or answer fan questions or something so we could get more info.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Check out a bit more of the artist's work in the Dawn of X trailer on Marvel YouTube, I was skeptical and WRONG at first, based on other limited exposure to his work. X-Force is going to be aesthetic af.
    I've really enjoyed what I've seen thus far. They've been posting images on their Twitter account, and everything looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    You know, if Jean insists on wearing that minidress, she should at least wear an all black version in the pages of Xforce.
    This isn't the X-Force of old. They're more like the XSE that evolved from the X-Treme X-Men. Even has Sage on the team.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman